The friendly neighbor

Hopewell, VA

#1 Jun 19, 2013
Evidently, or so I'm told... a number of those who attend Woodlawn Baptist also work for the city.(?)
It would seem that these people would want those living in the neighborhood around the church to LIKE THEM.. and not always be so quick to "bitch and complain" about literally EVERYTHING! They pick at everything. Perhaps some ill informed individuals think they do some special service for their church by doing this, but they do not. In fact if anything they are beginning to really ANGER those who live nearby with the continual pettiness. Why not offer to HELP a neighbor if there is a need, instead of always taking the BULLDOG approach and sicing the city on them?
How about telling your members to STOP BLOCKING OUR DRIVEWAYS EVERY SUNDAY? OH, and stop throwing your candy wrappers, in our yards and in the street in front of our homes... and FOR GOODNESS SAKE... please do not EVER empty your ash tray and dump in front of my home again..smoking is so so nasty. I don't toss my trash on your grounds, please don't do it on mine...I don't want someone thinking those butts are my nasty habit. Most of the folks (even if they attend a different church or none) try to have their lawns cut, cleaned up over the weekend so it looks decent.. IF they didn't perhaps it's because they've been sick, or they are OLDER and not in the best health, or the lawn mower broke again and wasn't fixed in time... Instead of giving the neighbors nasty looks,(not all of them) like we are not good enough to live near your church, Try acting NICE for a change... You guys seriously need to have this brought up at a meeting and act on it...Your pastor included . IF you were a better neighbor some of these people might even attend your church.
Edmund Ruffin

Hopewell, VA

#2 Jun 25, 2013
I agree...
Barbara West

Hopewell, VA

#3 Jun 29, 2013
Very sadly, I must also agree with this. I too live near that area. They are for the most part, not a friendly bunch. So sad, because this is a church and the local community needs a friendly church, They could probably do so much if only they would. ;o( There was once a time when WBC was a thriving church, not anymore it seems.
Eleanor Dean

Anonymous Proxy

#4 Jun 30, 2013
Sometimes I wonder whether i'm neighbors with the projects or a church

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 38 min Jake 1,361
Would you hire an unlicensed, uninsured contra... 2 hr Theyareworthlss 37
Ethanol Smell 7 hr MADATHOPEWELL 10
Transgender woman says guard ordered her out of... Tue James 2
What happened to meatball? Tue dls1990 1
See what Hopewell Contractor does not stand beh... Sep 29 Buddy Mitchell 29
Unarmed young WHITE Man shot by Black Officer i... Sep 26 totalshame 3

Colonial Heights Jobs

Colonial Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Colonial Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Colonial Heights

Personal Finance