First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bobby K

Ardsley, NY

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Has anyone heard the Lightouse is selling out to the Tia restaurant?
Dottie

Ardsley, NY

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Even if this is true, the Seaside Thia French place could never survive in a place as big as Light House.
It would be nice.
Honest

King George, VA

#3 Jan 3, 2013
This is good news! The food is excellent! I love thai food.
Bobby k

Ardsley, NY

#5 Jan 4, 2013
Are you saying the Golden Coral is moving into the light house or the Seaside Thia place?

“Local Boy Done Good!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 4, 2013
Well, I enjoy Golden Corral but the doctor won't let me eat as much.

I will miss the music. I like to sit and listen to the music even if its not of my era.

I love to see young people having a great time.
Get with it

Dundalk, MD

#8 Jan 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the lighthouse. They're meeting as i type this
Not true have you ever seen a gc open up in a old building.
Hungry

King George, VA

#9 Jan 5, 2013
Ummmmm AGAIN Wrong information being put out there!!
The Seaside Restaurant is going to lease the Lighthouse NOT Golden Corral. Are you serious? Don't put information out there unless you know it to be true. There will be no more music but there will still be great food, The Seaside restaurant hopefully will do very well at this location. More room for them to expand.
Food critic

Bowie, MD

#10 Jan 5, 2013
I'm way out of the loop. I thought the Lighthouse was doing well in season and that Mr. Blount was enjoying the restaurant business. I agree with a previous post...enjoyed the music even though it was a few decades away from the tunes which were familiar to me. Good luck to the Blounts and Seaside. Running any kind of a business in a seasonal town isn't for the faint of heart.
Eddie Blunt

King George, VA

#11 Jan 5, 2013
We are leasing the Lighthouse Restaurant to Chef Vone, Noi and Latta of Seaside Thai; all great restaurant experts who want to bring their fine dining to a waterfront location. We the Blunt's could not be more excited to have them lease our property and establish a great working relationship with our new family and friends. We will still run the marina and the restaurant will make both businesses more enjoyable for all. Please share this great occassion with us upon our opening.

Eddie
Clyde

King George, VA

#12 Jan 5, 2013
Eddie Blunt wrote:
We are leasing the Lighthouse Restaurant to Chef Vone, Noi and Latta of Seaside Thai; all great restaurant experts who want to bring their fine dining to a waterfront location. We the Blunt's could not be more excited to have them lease our property and establish a great working relationship with our new family and friends. We will still run the marina and the restaurant will make both businesses more enjoyable for all. Please share this great occassion with us upon our opening.
Eddie
Will they/you continue to serve anything off of your menu? Or will it be strictly Thai and French cuisine?
Larry J

King George, VA

#13 Jan 6, 2013
Thank you, Eddie, for clearing this rumor up. It would be nice if the Seaside chefs expand the menu to include a little more traditional American dishes such as seafood.
I am confident that what ever they decide to do will be excellent. I have died there a few times and their steaks are excellent. I haven't really tried the Thai food yet, but will do so soon.

This sounds like a win/win move for your family, the Thai Restaurant and Colonial Beach
Eddie Blunt

King George, VA

#14 Jan 6, 2013
Chef Vone has stated he is adding several new items to their current menu.
Honest

King George, VA

#15 Jan 6, 2013
Yum....:) It does seem like a "win win" for all parties concerned. Probably some advertising would help, so regulars of the Thai eatery know they have moved. Additional seafood items on the menu would be a natural.

Does any one know what is going in where they used to be located?
Fulltime CBer

Aylett, VA

#16 Jan 6, 2013
I certainly wish them all the best and yes a win/win for both parties involved, but we seem to just keep playing "musical chairs" with buildings in this town with great hopes of something/someone being it's savior for the town's next season. I hope that the several new items to the restaurant menu would also include some kid friendly selections.

Remember this also leaves another vacant/already rundown looking building on the main drag of town.

God I hope this new council can bring a breath of fresh air to town with something that can really be useful and affordable for all.

Those of us who live here fulltime don't eat out every night!
Honest

King George, VA

#17 Jan 6, 2013
Neither do the people that come here on weekends...
Brandon

Ardsley, NY

#18 Jan 6, 2013
Here's hoping Seaside does very well in the Light House venue. The location is for sure "Sea Side"
I hope they have an extensive menu with something for everyone.

Let us hope The Blunts can get a successful seafood market up and running with a abundance of crabs, shrimp and fresh fish.

I hear the oysters are fairly good this season.

I wonder if an upscale seafood establishment would work in the building Seaside is vacating?
Jay J

Clearwater, FL

#19 Jan 6, 2013
Eddie Blunt wrote:
Eddie
Eddie, Thanks for the update. Will the new restaurant be honoring past committments. We heard rumors the Lighthouse was closed and have tried to call Julie twice and two calls to the Lighthouse have gone unanswered. We contracted for a large dinner on the 24th of May and now are looking for another location. What say you??????
Eddie

King George, VA

#20 Jan 7, 2013
I would certainly talk to Noi and Vone about using the the Lighthouse under their management for anything we could have provided for you...the room is there for party's .
Jay J wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie, Thanks for the update. Will the new restaurant be honoring past committments. We heard rumors the Lighthouse was closed and have tried to call Julie twice and two calls to the Lighthouse have gone unanswered. We contracted for a large dinner on the 24th of May and now are looking for another location. What say you??????
HB Rules

Virginia Beach, VA

#21 Jan 7, 2013
i heard it was going to be the outback steak house!
Abby Walcher

Reston, VA

#23 Jan 12, 2013
Rick investigated and it will not be an Outback Steakhouse.

Abby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town manager, cfo Aug 13 Springtime 8
low flying plane Aug 12 wtcsret 8
Green Moped Means Drugs Aug 9 wtcsret 5
Does anyone remember the Stardust Hotel in MD (Aug '09) Aug 5 jabo 25
Tc meeting 7/19 Jul 30 Moni 8
That Wall Jul 30 Moni 1
Law suit Jul 30 Moni 12

Colonial Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance