Job vacancy at school board

Job vacancy at school board

Posted in the Colonial Beach Forum

get real

United States

#1 Apr 4, 2009
The school board is looking for a new financial asst. The only place this ad is located is on the schools home page.(you have to scroll down where it says vacancy)If you click the employment link its not there. There are no ads listed in any of the local papers for this position either. So how are we going to get qualified help if this is how they advertise.
Idea

Urbanna, VA

#2 Apr 4, 2009
Mabey they should run an add at the prison in Warsaw there should be plenty of qualified people to help missapropriate the Towns tax money
gassey

AOL

#3 Apr 5, 2009
They probably have one of their friends in mind.
don't really want anyone with accounting experience that they can't control.
VETNAM 2

Waldorf, MD

#4 Apr 6, 2009
get real wrote:
The school board is looking for a new financial asst. The only place this ad is located is on the schools home page.(you have to scroll down where it says vacancy)If you click the employment link its not there. There are no ads listed in any of the local papers for this position either. So how are we going to get qualified help if this is how they advertise.
Good question, get real.
Wake up

Wicomico, VA

#5 Apr 6, 2009
Get Real Im sure it is listed other places just because you saw it on the school page you assumed that was it,you and Gassey already had your minds made up about how things happen,that type of attitude is detrimental to the Town The Virgina municipal leage has a website and a good source for qualified aplicants have you looked to see if they have advertised on it,and if you know someone qualified send the on Down word of mouth may work also ,quit living in your fantasy world of conspiresy

“We Should Worry!”

Since: Dec 08

Colonial Beach

#6 Apr 6, 2009
Local papers come out 1 time a week... Please could we at least wait until then to moan? And how do you know that the person maintaining the school site is qualified? Most of the kids in school are more qualified to add links to pages... Jebus
Beeerd

Media, PA

#7 Apr 6, 2009
Wake up wrote:
Get Real Im sure it is listed other places just because you saw it on the school page you assumed that was it,you and Gassey already had your minds made up about how things happen,that type of attitude is detrimental to the Town The Virgina municipal leage has a website and a good source for qualified aplicants have you looked to see if they have advertised on it,and if you know someone qualified send the on Down word of mouth may work also ,quit living in your fantasy world of conspiresy
I told a qualified CPA about the CFO position when it was advertised in the paper. He did NOT even get an interview. Can you explain this? The letter just said the position was filled. Was she the most qualified? I think the current audit tells the answer. If you advertise and qualified people apply, don't you think they deserve the courtesy of an interview, if nothing else?
I think Gassey is owed an apology!
Fiscal Responsibility

Wicomico, VA

#8 Apr 6, 2009
Beeerd wrote:
<quoted text>
I told a qualified CPA about the CFO position when it was advertised in the paper. He did NOT even get an interview. Can you explain this? The letter just said the position was filled. Was she the most qualified? I think the current audit tells the answer. If you advertise and qualified people apply, don't you think they deserve the courtesy of an interview, if nothing else?
I think Gassey is owed an apology!
How long is his rap sheet for embelzelment,mabey he wanted to much money ,there may be facts about this person that gassey doesnt know about and from what I have heard from gasseys comments she tends to make quick one sided opinons without all the facts
FLY SWATTER

Waldorf, MD

#9 Apr 6, 2009
Fiscal Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>How long is his rap sheet for embelzelment,mabey he wanted to much money ,there may be facts about this person that gassey doesnt know about and from what I have heard from gasseys comments she tends to make quick one sided opinons without all the facts
FR, how do you know gassey is a gal?
Beeerd

Media, PA

#10 Apr 6, 2009
Fiscal Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>How long is his rap sheet for embelzelment,mabey he wanted to much money ,there may be facts about this person that gassey doesnt know about and from what I have heard from gasseys comments she tends to make quick one sided opinons without all the facts
No embezzelment,& would have accepted the salary, because my friend wanted to move to CB, but the town would not have known this, since they did not speak to him.
Fiscal Responsibility

Wicomico, VA

#11 Apr 6, 2009
FLY SWATTER wrote:
<quoted text>
FR, how do you know gassey is a gal?
Because I know her personally what does that matter?
get real

Urbanna, VA

#12 Apr 6, 2009
Babbit Ishkabibble wrote:
Local papers come out 1 time a week... Please could we at least wait until then to moan? And how do you know that the person maintaining the school site is qualified? Most of the kids in school are more qualified to add links to pages... Jebus
Freelance Star is a daily paper and it is local.
Beeerd

Media, PA

#13 Apr 7, 2009
Fiscal Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Because I know her personally what does that matter?
Does she have gas?
homeland gas

United States

#14 Apr 7, 2009
Beeerd wrote:
<quoted text>
Does she have gas?
Yes and If we could harness it we could be free of foreign dependence on gas
get real

Urbanna, VA

#15 Apr 7, 2009
Wake up wrote:
Get Real Im sure it is listed other places just because you saw it on the school page you assumed that was it,you and Gassey already had your minds made up about how things happen,that type of attitude is detrimental to the Town The Virgina municipal leage has a website and a good source for qualified aplicants have you looked to see if they have advertised on it,and if you know someone qualified send the on Down word of mouth may work also ,quit living in your fantasy world of conspiresy
I wasn't trying to start anything. I just asked why it wasn't in any papers, it has been on the website for a while now. As a taxpayer and parent of school aged children I have a right to know.
to many chiefs

Wicomico, VA

#16 Apr 7, 2009
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to start anything. I just asked why it wasn't in any papers, it has been on the website for a while now. As a taxpayer and parent of school aged children I have a right to know.
You have a right to know and any imput im sure they appreciate,but it altimately is the school boards decision where they want to look for a sucesser,contact a school board member and talk about your idea of using local papers they may not have thought of that
gassey

AOL

#17 Apr 7, 2009
Fiscal Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Because I know her personally what does that matter?
You know me personaly? I think NOT!

What are my initials?????
gassey

AOL

#18 Apr 7, 2009
FLY SWATTER wrote:
<quoted text>
FR, how do you know gassey is a gal?
Good question!
Let FR answer it for real!
Fly Swatter

Waldorf, MD

#19 Apr 7, 2009
gassey wrote:
<quoted text>
You know me personaly? I think NOT!
What are my initials?????
Way to go, gassey! Call his/her bluff.
Question

Silver Spring, MD

#20 Apr 8, 2009
Regarding how folks are selected for town jobs,
this is the norm. Qualifications are rarely used as a criteria. Who else has been selected without considering others?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tattered Apron 20 hr river 1
Texas Pete's Colonial Beach Forum (Aug '15) Thu texas pete 59
Love Colonial Beach Oct 15 Shiflett 3
Don't Purchase A Vehicle From Can't Be Beat (Sep '15) Oct 6 Chris 4
Looking to buy 50-60 houses Oct 2 Development of Town 4
Four Seasons Fun Times Today Sep 30 yourtowntoo 3
Grass cutting Sep 29 Betty 11

Colonial Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colonial Beach Mortgages