Blevins. CBPD, Town, Law Suit

Posted in the Colonial Beach Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
yea right

Aylett, VA

#1 Jul 31, 2013
Anyone know what happen to the last Forum?
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#2 Jul 31, 2013
The moderator might be a Marine :)
You Could Be Next

Alexandria, VA

#3 Jul 31, 2013
The previous forum was removed from Topix a couple hours ago. Form your own judgment about the justification for such an action. Posting a link to a publicly available court document is a form of free speech.

In light of that, here is the link to the civil complaint again. Print it out or bookmark the URL:

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc/6479027/will...
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#4 Jul 31, 2013
You Could Be Next wrote:
The previous forum was removed from Topix a couple hours ago. Form your own judgment about the justification for such an action. Posting a link to a publicly available court document is a form of free speech.
In light of that, here is the link to the civil complaint again. Print it out or bookmark the URL:
<snip>
It's not a "public court Document" until the "Court" publishes it.

I like the marine idea myself :)
the breeze

United States

#5 Jul 31, 2013
wtcsret wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a "public court Document" until the "Court" publishes it.
It absolutely IS public. Maybe not in the databases you're searching. Go to the file room at the courthouse. You can look at any file of any case.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#6 Jul 31, 2013
the breeze wrote:
<quoted text>
It absolutely IS public. Maybe not in the databases you're searching. Go to the file room at the courthouse. You can look at any file of any case.
I think I will wait till it comes to a court database "near" me :)
Modsquad

King George, VA

#7 Jul 31, 2013
I would like to know why the previous thread was removed. It doesn't seem to violate any of the rules I am aware of. The link given is a case that has already been tried in criminal court and is now a civil case. It definitely puts the police in poor light, but after reading the attorney's pleading, this poor view seems justified. I am embarrassed and ashamed of my town, and now I am embarrassed and ashamed by a moderator trying to keep the truth from the people. Yes, I do know you and if you have a good reason for removing the thread please give it here. You speak of honor, please give me a reason to keep my respect and honor for you.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#8 Jul 31, 2013
Go look at the last page of the document. No date and initials vice signature. From the number at the top it should already be in the system to my thinking. I would wait for a court database entry linked to a plea document. Now that's just me but that's also prudent :)
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#10 Aug 1, 2013
Modsquad wrote:
I would like to know why the previous thread was removed. It doesn't seem to violate any of the rules I am aware of.
I have had to post this before :)(NOTE: I COULD BE A DOG:)
There is NO FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUE HERE This is a private business.
OWNER is exercising OWNERSHIP of the ENTERPRISE (Not the STARSHIP:)

The Fine Print

By using Topix, you agree to these Terms of Service, which we reserve the right to change without notice. If you do not agree with these Terms of Service, do not use Topix. You are responsible for understanding these Terms of Service.

<Snip>

You agree that we are not liable for any content that is provided or posted by you or others. We have no duty to pre-screen your content or the content of others, BUT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO POST or to edit submitted content. You understand and acknowledge that by using Topix, you may be exposed to content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable.

WE MAY REMOVE ANY CONTENT FOR ANY REASON, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing any content. Topix does not claim ownership of the content you submit, but you grant us a license to use the content (subject, of course, to our Privacy Policy)
477/68/ndif
Brian

Gaithersburg, MD

#12 Aug 1, 2013
Modsquad wrote:
I would like to know why the previous thread was removed. It doesn't seem to violate any of the rules I am aware of. The link given is a case that has already been tried in criminal court and is now a civil case. It definitely puts the police in poor light, but after reading the attorney's pleading, this poor view seems justified. I am embarrassed and ashamed of my town, and now I am embarrassed and ashamed by a moderator trying to keep the truth from the people. Yes, I do know you and if you have a good reason for removing the thread please give it here. You speak of honor, please give me a reason to keep my respect and honor for you.
I agree with you Modsquad. There is some really awful stuff on Topix and none of it ever gets removed. Why was that thread deleted?
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#13 Aug 1, 2013
Can't you read! My belief is someone with standing used the abuse button. But then again I could be wrong :)
It's the Hokey Pokeys fault! You should not run with scissors :)
You all are great!
John W

Gloucester, VA

#14 Aug 1, 2013
I think Master scout or nutzy wtcrest.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#15 Aug 1, 2013
John W wrote:
I think Master scout or nutzy wtcrest.
I think MS is a editorial contributor, if he had a problem as mod he would take it straight on.(I think his post history show's how he deals :)
I have 24 annual certs saying I am sane ON PAPER. I wouldn't HAVE the job. I have too much fun watching you children in traffic :)

Modsquad

King George, VA

#17 Aug 1, 2013
wtcsret wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had to post this before :)(NOTE: I COULD BE A DOG:)
There is NO FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUE HERE This is a private business.
OWNER is exercising OWNERSHIP of the ENTERPRISE (Not the STARSHIP:)
The Fine Print
By using Topix, you agree to these Terms of Service, which we reserve the right to change without notice. If you do not agree with these Terms of Service, do not use Topix. You are responsible for understanding these Terms of Service.
<Snip>
You agree that we are not liable for any content that is provided or posted by you or others. We have no duty to pre-screen your content or the content of others, BUT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO POST or to edit submitted content. You understand and acknowledge that by using Topix, you may be exposed to content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable.
WE MAY REMOVE ANY CONTENT FOR ANY REASON, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing any content. Topix does not claim ownership of the content you submit, but you grant us a license to use the content (subject, of course, to our Privacy Policy)477/68/ndif
Thank you, but I would like a reply from our moderator. I know one of the replies addressed him by his anonymous name but that should be no reason for removal. Just tell me why.
Modsquad

King George, VA

#18 Aug 1, 2013
Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
What goes around come around Karma can be hell.
Weren't you on council during this period? So is it hell?
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#19 Aug 1, 2013
People in hot places want ice water. You are pretty arrogant for a guest, and you have a reading and comprehension problem too. Other than that you might be a great American. You have a method in the TOS to complain, that might be easier than the method you seem to have chosen. After all, that's what it is there for.
Note to self: Don't go into the street w/children :)
Citizen

Tappahannock, VA

#22 Aug 2, 2013
Modsquad wrote:
We should all be very disturbed that the previous thread was removed. Here's why. That thread was removed not because the moderator decided it was inappropriate. It was removed because someone from the town called him up and ordered him to do it. This is not some whacko conspiracy theory. Think of all the inappropriate stuff on Topix that never gets removed. The moderator does not sit there every day looking at Topix posts making decisions about what stays and what goes. So why did he remove this one? Because somebody called him and told him to. What is this, the old Soviet Union? No, it's a little town in the United States of America. That's not what we do here. We are a democracy. We have free speech. And that free speech is at its most important when it is speech that is critical of the government. It's what makes this such a special and unique country. We should all be outraged by the way this town government treats its citizens. How dare they demand the removal of that thread. Since when did Colonial Beach secede from the Union and create its own rules? Let's keep this thread going. Show up at the next Council meeting and tell them what you think. By the way, I love this town just like most of you do. What I don't like is the way a few people in the government are trying to ruin it for us.
Poodle

Alexandria, VA

#23 Aug 2, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
We should all be very disturbed that the previous thread was removed. Here's why. That thread was removed not because the moderator decided it was inappropriate. It was removed because someone from the town called him up and ordered him to do it. This is not some whacko conspiracy theory. Think of all the inappropriate stuff on Topix that never gets removed. The moderator does not sit there every day looking at Topix posts making decisions about what stays and what goes. So why did he remove this one? Because somebody called him and told him to. What is this, the old Soviet Union? No, it's a little town in the United States of America. That's not what we do here. We are a democracy. We have free speech. And that free speech is at its most important when it is speech that is critical of the government. It's what makes this such a special and unique country. We should all be outraged by the way this town government treats its citizens. How dare they demand the removal of that thread. Since when did Colonial Beach secede from the Union and create its own rules? Let's keep this thread going. Show up at the next Council meeting and tell them what you think. By the way, I love this town just like most of you do. What I don't like is the way a few people in the government are trying to ruin it for us.
Do you know this for a fact? If so go to council meeting and complain.
John W

Tappahannock, VA

#24 Aug 2, 2013
Whoever made the call to take the posts down our freedom of speech.. Right or wrong we do have the right to comment .This person should be impeached or fired. Maybe a lawsuit for interfering with our civil rights.

“Tidewater 2916661”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

#25 Aug 2, 2013
John W wrote:
Whoever made the call to take the posts down our freedom of speech.. Right or wrong we do have the right to comment .This person should be impeached or fired. Maybe a lawsuit for interfering with our civil rights.
Ha Ha Ha. There is no freedom of speech in the corporate world. You are a very confused person. You have no rights here except what's in the TOS and that can change without notice. NSF SOLD the INTERNET to the private sector. Get up to speed! I bet you believe the CBVFD and CBVRS are run by the town.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 1 hr -Prince- 4,900
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr -Prince- 4,381
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 1 hr -Prince- 16,702
A to Z of song titles (Apr '14) 2 hr WTCSRET 509
A to Z: names of music artists (Apr '14) 3 hr WTCSRET 560
Song Title Game (Apr '14) 5 hr WTCSRET 464
paris cowboy =music (Apr '14) 6 hr WTCSRET 531
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colonial Beach Mortgages