Another Trivett puts the screws to some
disgruntled customer

Owings, MD

#23 Nov 29, 2009
Yep, the community should know that this jerk, who people think was giving back to the community, was in fact stealing from others. You cannot tell me that this jerk did not know that his orders being submitted to furniture manufacturers were not being processed due to the fact that he owed money and was not paying them. So, while I am sure they will say that all of us have civil matters to deal with versus this being a criminal matter, it is still my opinion that Jeff Trivett is a thief and common crook. I hope he remembers the old saying "what goes around comes around." I hope he is left with nada...

I've come to grips with the fact that I will never be reimbursed...and the fact that I am a better person than Jeff Trivett can ever claim to be.
Mad As Hell

Falls Church, VA

#26 Nov 30, 2009
Disgruntled customer took the words right out of my mouth. I truly believe that "what goes around comes around." His customers trusted him and did nothing to deserve this kind of treatment.
Just Asking

United States

#27 Nov 30, 2009
disgruntled customer wrote:
Yep, the community should know that this jerk, who people think was giving back to the community, was in fact stealing from others. You cannot tell me that this jerk did not know that his orders being submitted to furniture manufacturers were not being processed due to the fact that he owed money and was not paying them. So, while I am sure they will say that all of us have civil matters to deal with versus this being a criminal matter, it is still my opinion that Jeff Trivett is a thief and common crook. I hope he remembers the old saying "what goes around comes around." I hope he is left with nada...
I've come to grips with the fact that I will never be reimbursed...and the fact that I am a better person than Jeff Trivett can ever claim to be.
are you sure you have come to terms with it? from your posting I think you are a long way from peace with this subject.
disgruntled customer

Owings, MD

#28 Nov 30, 2009
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
are you sure you have come to terms with it? from your posting I think you are a long way from peace with this subject.
Yep, as I said, what goes around comes around. His screwing people will result in his own self getting screwed. He'll lose his 1.4 million dollar home and that to me makes up for the loss I'll take. Haha!

My question back to you is who are you to judge whether I am a long way from peace with this or not? You don't know me from Adam and unless you have a dog in this fight you should not be judging others.
Just Asking

United States

#29 Nov 30, 2009
<quoted text>
Yep, as I said, what goes around comes around. His screwing people will result in his own self getting screwed. He'll lose his 1.4 million dollar home and that to me makes up for the loss I'll take. Haha!
My question back to you is who are you to judge whether I am a long way from peace with this or not? You don't know me from Adam and unless you have a dog in this fight you should not be judging others.
I would call it an observation. Clearly there is anger in your writing. If this is the last time you lose 3k or 4k in your life then I would say you will be just fine. However, your responses tell me you are motivated by feelings and not thought. I suspect you have come up on the short end of deals before.

Just try to learn something from this and have yourself a Merry Christmas!
Dr Phil

Olney, MD

#30 Nov 30, 2009
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
I would call it an observation. Clearly there is anger in your writing. If this is the last time you lose 3k or 4k in your life then I would say you will be just fine. However, your responses tell me you are motivated by feelings and not thought. I suspect you have come up on the short end of deals before.
Bingo.
disgruntled customer

Owings, MD

#31 Nov 30, 2009
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, we have all learned something from this...don't trust the "little man"...buy all your stuff from big box stores and put the little man out of business. The fact is, my losing a thousand or so dollars is nothing compared to those who have nothing and bought from this jerk. For all I know, you may be a relative not liking the comments being made.

If there is anger in my writing that is my business...at least I have the guts to say things rather than keep it to myself. It is a free world. Do I have the right to be angry, of course I do...as do all the other people who were ripped off by this crook.

Don't worry about me having a nice Christmas as I intend to...I'm rich in family and friends and a new sofa can't change that.
Just Asking

United States

#32 Nov 30, 2009
<quoted text>
Yep, we have all learned something from this...don't trust the "little man"...buy all your stuff from big box stores and put the little man out of business. The fact is, my losing a thousand or so dollars is nothing compared to those who have nothing and bought from this jerk. For all I know, you may be a relative not liking the comments being made.
If there is anger in my writing that is my business...at least I have the guts to say things rather than keep it to myself. It is a free world. Do I have the right to be angry, of course I do...as do all the other people who were ripped off by this crook.
Don't worry about me having a nice Christmas as I intend to...I'm rich in family and friends and a new sofa can't change that.
The anger in your writings were your business until you posted them here in a public forum. Focus on family and friends and stop agonizing over a couple of thousand dollars. Your days will be much more productive and happier once you move past this and come to terms with it. At some point or another most likely everyone on here has been taking advantage of and lost some money. That includes myself. If you lose your house get mad, if you lose some spending cash move on and learn from the mistake and have a happy life. Chances are your loss of money will not equal what the owner of that business is facing, and no I am not a friend or relative. So in the end be happy knowing your in the better spot!
Teddy

Falls Church, VA

#33 Dec 1, 2009
I have known the Trivett's all my life. Jeff has always been a crook. Rumor is he was involved in stealing a safe in CB. He and others were rumored to be involved but police could never prove it. So once a crook always a crook.
Questioning

Colonial Beach, VA

#34 Dec 1, 2009
Don't they own Trivett's Furniture in Fredericksburg? Is that place going out too?
Mad As Hell

Falls Church, VA

#35 Dec 1, 2009
We got screwed big time today! I just came from the King George County Courthouse and was very surprised to see that Jeff showed up in court. The judge said that Jeff had filed bankruptcy yesterday and because of that all civil cases were now out of their jurisdiction and had to be filed in Federal Bankruptcy Court. Any cases against Jeff personally were dismissed because the furniture store is a corporation and he is not liable for anything. Isn't that nice? So when he sells his store and his waterfront home he'll get to keep all the money.
Badbad

Newport News, VA

#36 Dec 1, 2009
Well sorry to hear that things have turned out this way for those that lost money. File your claims against the business and hope that there is something left for the customer's that lost money to get. I'm sure there is a long list of big money that will be in line first. Good luck and hope little people get some refunds.
just another story

Gloucester, VA

#37 Dec 1, 2009
I heard today that Michael Trivett was attempting to make good on the orders that peple had placed. Has anyone else heard such?
Also on another note... Someone's past is there past.... I have known this family my entire life. They all have pasts..... just like all the rest of us.
I understand people are upset and with good cause, but dont drag up what people or their family did years ago...
Another Customer

Owings, MD

#38 Dec 1, 2009
Michael Trivett is not making good on these orders. The two businesses are separate. What he told some was that he would sell them furniture for cost. That is not making good on it and he is not liable so why should he.

This is a total sham that a person can set up a business, screw people, and then get away with it. I hope he has nothing left for himself when this is done and has to beg for help. Just another loser...
HB Rules

United States

#39 Dec 1, 2009
Mad As Hell wrote:
We got screwed big time today! I just came from the King George County Courthouse and was very surprised to see that Jeff showed up in court. The judge said that Jeff had filed bankruptcy yesterday and because of that all civil cases were now out of their jurisdiction and had to be filed in Federal Bankruptcy Court. Any cases against Jeff personally were dismissed because the furniture store is a corporation and he is not liable for anything. Isn't that nice? So when he sells his store and his waterfront home he'll get to keep all the money.
proceeds from the sale of corporation assets will go to creditors who have filed, proceeds from the sale of personal properity cant be touched. Its been that way for a long time and that is why many businesses are set up as corporations. that protection is there to foster an invironment where people will take a chance and start a business without the fear that they may lose the home they live in.
HB Rules

Little Valley, NY

#40 Dec 1, 2009
Another Customer wrote:
Michael Trivett is not making good on these orders. The two businesses are separate. What he told some was that he would sell them furniture for cost. That is not making good on it and he is not liable so why should he.
This is a total sham that a person can set up a business, screw people, and then get away with it. I hope he has nothing left for himself when this is done and has to beg for help. Just another loser...
i got another shocker for you, read your social security statement very carefully and the fine print. Its a ponzi scheme, illegal for anybody else to do it except the government. Also, make note that is only about 70% funded. Meaning you aint getting what they are advertising.
Ace

AOL

#41 Dec 2, 2009
Yep...I got taken for $890.40 for a sofa and loveseat I ordered back in August 2009.

I'll be calling my credit card company to dispute the charges, but I am not holding out any hope of ever seeing any of that money returned back to me.

Thieves. They knew full well in August that the company was in trouble, yet they still took my money. I am furious.
Another Customer

Owings, MD

#42 Dec 2, 2009
My credit card company said the charge is outside the window for dispute. It had already been paid and there is no way they can get the money back.
Just another story

Gloucester, VA

#43 Dec 2, 2009
As I said " I hear" Michael was trying to make good on these issues. I was asking if anyone else had information.

The reason he MIGHT do such a thing is because Jeff is his brother. There are plenty of people in the world that have to deal with a "black sheep" in the family. Do not group an entire family because of the actions of one. I am sure there are alot of people out there that would not wish to carry the brunt of what a family member as done....
Mad As Hell

Falls Church, VA

#44 Dec 2, 2009
FYI - Detective Monty Clift of the King George County Sheriff's Department is still taking complaints from customers for his investigation so if you haven't called him yet, please do it today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 2 hr KitKaboodle 6,576
Last Post Winz (Apr '14) Sep 13 Princess Hey 353
Vice Mayor antics, here we go again Sep 13 Beachlover 3
Poll Who was the Greatest Colonial Beach Character? (May '08) Sep 10 Swag 68
Grass cutting Sep 10 Crab Cake 2
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) Sep 2 Princess Hey 17,999
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) Sep 2 Princess Hey 5,655

Colonial Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance