Burglary on Weems on Point
Posted in the Colonial Beach Forum
#1 Nov 11, 2012
Our House was broken into last week on Weems Street on the point. My Son's Red Razz Yamaha Scooter was stolen in addition to other items. Talking to others, it sounds like there has been a rash of other burglaries in CB.
#2 Nov 12, 2012
Neighbors and outdoor lights are best deterrents for burglars. Let's all pay attention to our neighbor's unoccupied homes. It doesn't hurt to even keep an eye open when they are home, as we have many elderly neighbors.
#3 Nov 12, 2012
That's why I check to make sure your lights are on every time I pass by.:)
Since: Nov 09
#4 Nov 12, 2012
Sound as maybe this is a little late but maybe it will help in time to come.
Security Tips for Home & Office:
1. Make sure there is ample lighting on the inside and outside of your home and business.
2. Frequently cut back bushes and shrubs from walkways, doors and windows.
3. Do not let newspapers or mail pile up while you are away.
4. Ladders and other items should be stored away to prevent access to a second story.
5. Ask your neighbors to keep an eye out for strange activity while you are away and offer to do the same for them.
6. Are you a creature of HABIT? Try to change your daily activity. Donít always park in the same spot, and try to vary your departure and arrival times. Carry items close to your body.
7. Never leave your vehicle running and unattended.
8. Never leave valuables in plain sight.
9. Keep a watchful eye on strange vehicles in your neighborhood.
10. Do not leave packages out where they can be seen from the street.
#5 Nov 12, 2012
#6 Nov 13, 2012
A thief will be a thief,however We have discovered that our home security system serves as good protection. We use Protect America, a wireless system, very easy to install. (no installation fee, no hardware fee) Interested homeowners can call 1 800 713 0139 give this # to the salesman L452792
#7 Dec 20, 2012
The majority of the point stays DARK at night. Not many lights on. Turn your lights on at night! Is the extra $2/month for electricity for that one light to be on for a few hours worth NOT paying when you'll end up losing hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars worth of personal property? Stop and think...the extra $2/month for that light will save you so much in the long run! I have a $1.79 bullet in the chamber that will prevent further burglaries if someone steps foot into my house UN-invited at night!
#8 Dec 20, 2012
We do use that law. If we ever catch one amd get them to court, Our wise judges throw the book at them. 150 years hard labor. All suspended and 1 month probation, and a promise they will never do it again. That is a slap on the hand.
Get a Camera, and motion lights.
Add your comments below
|2sips for town manager (Feb '13)||Sat||2sips||14|
|Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13)||May 25||Princess Hey||6,549|
|Last Post Winz (Apr '14)||May 25||Princess Hey||350|
|paris cowboy =music (Apr '14)||May 23||texas pete||956|
|add a word, drop a word (Apr '11)||May 21||Princess Hey||17,991|
|add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12)||May 21||Princess Hey||5,650|
|Why Colonial Beach is awful! (Jul '12)||May 8||Democrat Dan||98|
Find what you want!
Search Colonial Beach Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC