Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

There is so much hateful commentary on Topix, let's do something positive. What is your favorite Christmas tradition in your family? Mine is putting up the Christmas tree while watching "White Christmas". I still get teary eyed at that movie.
no one

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

watching the faces of my grandchildren as they open their gifts
Carolyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Karen wrote:
There is so much hateful commentary on Topix, let's do something positive. What is your favorite Christmas tradition in your family? Mine is putting up the Christmas tree while watching "White Christmas". I still get teary eyed at that movie.
My husband and I get up early on Christmas Day morning and light a candle for blessings for family and friends. Then we get busy and make homemade noodles to make chicken and noodles for the whole family. After a big lunch we watch our children and granchilden open gifts. We have done this every Christmas for 36 years.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

The exact time and order varies from year to year, but there's always some key things that happen in our house.
We read from scripture about Christ's birth.
We take turns opening presents.
And we always watch "A Christmas Story" during the marathon every year om TBS.
Cindy Lou Who

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband and I get up early on Christmas Day morning and light a candle for blessings for family and friends. Then we get busy and make homemade noodles to make chicken and noodles for the whole family. After a big lunch we watch our children and granchilden open gifts. We have done this every Christmas for 36 years.
Carolyn...are you from the midwest? We make noodles too (we call them nana noodles, because we learned this trasition from our Nana). I never heard of anyone else doing this unless they were from the midwest. we are from Indiana.
Carolyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Cindy Lou Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Carolyn...are you from the midwest? We make noodles too (we call them nana noodles, because we learned this trasition from our Nana). I never heard of anyone else doing this unless they were from the midwest. we are from Indiana.
My Grandmother taught me how to make the noodles the same way her mother taught her. All the noodles were and are made and cut by hand. She said it was from love that made them so good. I am from Iowa.
Merry Christmas and God Bless.
Cindy Lou Who

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>
My Grandmother taught me how to make the noodles the same way her mother taught her. All the noodles were and are made and cut by hand. She said it was from love that made them so good. I am from Iowa.
Merry Christmas and God Bless.
I knew it! Same noodles and process...all passed down from generation to generation.
Sue Romero

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Just got back from Indiana and we also do the homemade chicken and noodles that Grandmother made. Also had my breaded tenderloin and the best cottage cheese anywhere. Our Christmas tradition is candy making and caramel corn. Both Grandmother's tradition! With 13 grands, soon to be 15, we do Christmas stockings. Go Hoosiers! PS. Did I forget to mention Hoosier Ham Salad and a congeald salad!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Family gets together, decorates the tree with beads and ornaments, attends Christmas Eve services at Church, head home while watching for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer's glow in the sky, kids head for bed, Mom and Dad set out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots and celery for reindeer. Next morning children up at the crack of dawn… Yawn! Short night for Mom and Dad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Colonial Beach Forum right now

Search the Colonial Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Colonial Beach Town Council passes 2015 budget 57 min NotReally 21
Chief Legg 1 hr Concerned citizen 6
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 2 hr Hoolio 2,539
Election 6 hr Tim Curtin 40
Who is cutting grass at Eleanore Park? 12 hr WTCSRET 27
9th street paving 15 hr Mentalist 7
Ms. Beane 15 hr Had to work with her 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Colonial Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••