How was the meeting? Did anyone go?
Joke

Aylett, VA

#2 Mar 15, 2013
Ever been to a circus? Very similar
NO NO NO

Charlotte, NC

#3 Mar 15, 2013
A circus you can approach and speak with, ask questions, or get information. According to Wanda, council members should be left alone, not approached with ideas, or questions, espcially in public. I believe you would get more out of a circus.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 16, 2013
2013 Council meeting highlights:

January - Chief Blevins "resigns".
February - consultants hired.
March - nothing at all happens??
Maybe

Fredericksburg, VA

#5 Mar 16, 2013
NO NO NO wrote:
A circus you can approach and speak with, ask questions, or get information. According to Wanda, council members should be left alone, not approached with ideas, or questions, espcially in public. I believe you would get more out of a circus.
Wanda is a one person Circus and a belligerent know it all. Ask her why she refused to register her vehicles in Town for a number of years cheating the Town out of revenue, but having as many as 5 cars parked in her yard.
JUST KNOW

Saluda, VA

#6 Mar 16, 2013
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>Wanda is a one person Circus and a belligerent know it all. Ask her why she refused to register her vehicles in Town for a number of years cheating the Town out of revenue, but having as many as 5 cars parked in her yard.
Truer words were never spoken.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#7 Mar 17, 2013
Clean Up Your Town wrote:
On March, I would beg to differ.
1-We approved the final multi-million dollar loan package for the water-sewer project, the first long-term improvement of that system in decades.
2-We began the process to replace the Robin Grove water tower that has failed beyond repair.
2-We conferred with our county supervisor about having a joint meeting.
For the first time in years (possibly ever) there is an effort to have the Board of Supervisors, Town Council, Chief of Police, Sheriff, Town Manager and County administrator all together in the same place at the same time to discuss ways to work together for our mutual benefit.
3-A resident gave us the results of research he did on his own time that will help put to rest for good the issue of ownership of the boardwalk north of Washington Avenue.

A pretty good night's work, if you ask me.
John W

King William, VA

#8 Mar 17, 2013
Thanks Tim, keep the FACTs coming.
A lot of us cant make the meetings.
just me

King George, VA

#9 Mar 17, 2013
Tim Curtin wrote:
<quoted text>
1-We approved the final multi-million dollar loan package for the water-sewer project, the first long-term improvement of that system in decades.
2-We began the process to replace the Robin Grove water tower that has failed beyond repair.
For the first time in years (possibly ever) there is an effort to have the Board of Supervisors, Town Council, Chief of Police, Sheriff, Town Manager and County administrator all together in the same place at the same time to discuss ways to work together for our mutual benefit.
3-A resident gave us the results of research he did on his own time that will help put to rest for good the issue of ownership of the boardwalk north of Washington Avenue.
So, you are now an expert on local political events? So you are saying that all of the above offices have never collaboerated or worked together very little in over 100 years? I dont know how we all survived all these years before you and this council took office. I see you are the dominant one in attempting to destroy a part of the police department that has been operating just fine for well over 50 years. Way to go Mr. Councilman!!!
WILD ROSE

Richmond, VA

#10 Mar 17, 2013
MAYBE ,JUST MAYBE I'll bet that you have never talked to Wanda face to face . (About her auto's) I bet she would be glad to explain it to you. You must be one miserable soul if you have never had five vehicles in your yard at one time.
Jay J

Clearwater, FL

#11 Mar 17, 2013
Thanks Tim for the summary of the Council Meeting. 1863

“C. Green”

Since: Sep 12

Colonial Beach

#12 Mar 17, 2013
Tim would not be a happy camper in 1863. What with the Union Blockade, any and all livestock would have been liberated and Union raids a common event.

MARCH 25-29, 1863.- Expedition from Belle Plain into Westmoreland County, Va.

Abstract from "Record of Events," Fourth Brigade, First Division, First Army Corps, Brigadier General Solomon Meredith, U. S. Army commanding.

In compliance with orders from General Wadsworth, commanding First Division, an expedition, composed of nearly the available strength of the Second Regiment Wisconsin Volunteers to wit 26, commissioned officers and 241 enlisted men, with a squad of 20 cavalry, all under the command of Colonel Fairchild, of the Second Wisconsin, embarked on board the steamer W. W. Frasier, at Belle Plain Landing, at 4 p.m. of March 25.

Steamed down the Potomac about 60 miles, and came to anchor at daylight of the 26t. Disembarked the troops in Westmoreland County, Virginia. Remained near the placed of debarkation about three hours,
Don Johnson

Tappahannock, VA

#13 Mar 17, 2013
Clean Up Your Town wrote:
seems like u think u could do a better job, so y haven't u run for office?
yea right

King William, VA

#14 Mar 17, 2013
Tim don't hurt your hand patting ourself on the back. There has been at least three muilt-million dollar projects done in the last 15 years, last one upgrade of Plant just prior to Mayor Rummage coming in office. None other during his and that council term to include those appointed til now.

Second Robin Grove is inground storage tanks not water tower.

Third Town and County have met several times, School Funding, Boundry Adjustment for Potomac Landing and Monroe Point, golf cart approval in Colonial Beach as a few.

While current Council is doing a good job don't be-grade the ones prior to you and pledge "Big I little you" it's not becomming.
Maybe

Fredericksburg, VA

#15 Mar 18, 2013
yea right wrote:
Tim don't hurt your hand patting ourself on the back. There has been at least three muilt-million dollar projects done in the last 15 years, last one upgrade of Plant just prior to Mayor Rummage coming in office. None other during his and that council term to include those appointed til now.
Second Robin Grove is inground storage tanks not water tower.
Third Town and County have met several times, School Funding, Boundry Adjustment for Potomac Landing and Monroe Point, golf cart approval in Colonial Beach as a few.
While current Council is doing a good job don't be-grade the ones prior to you and pledge "Big I little you" it's not becomming.
This comes from the same man(Tim) that called the people that proudly served for the last 20 years dysfunctional

“Tidewater 2916661”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

#16 Mar 18, 2013
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>This comes from the same man(Tim) that called the people that proudly served for the last 20 years dysfunctional
When you are working in a limited field you must let losers win once in awhile.(They might take the ball and go home) Your monuments to that era scream one word. Question of the day, What are the two prominent monuments I speak of?:)
Boardwalks End

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Mar 18, 2013

Tim I saw in the newspaper and received an email from the TM Val Foulds that the CB Attorney had been tasked to do this research. AND now you say that a resident has given you the results. I have a vested interest in this outcome, so when or how will the Boardwalk homeowners be notified and actually be able to see these findings? Thanks

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#18 Mar 18, 2013
Tim Curtin wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up the good work Tim! It is not your fault that some folks prefer a controversial, polarizing issue to get pissed off about...
And yes, the town and county have rarely worked on projects together.. with the exception of the school funding formula, I can think of none, other than the country trying to stick it to the town in some way.

“Tidewater 2916661”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

#19 Mar 18, 2013
smartassofficial wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up the good work Tim! It is not your fault that some folks prefer a controversial, polarizing issue to get pissed off about...
And yes, the town and county have rarely worked on projects together.. with the exception of the school funding formula, I can think of none, other than the country trying to stick it to the town in some way.
Look at both long term plans, part of the VPD concept is mesh so include NNPDC overall efforts. Drill down to the mesh points, you may be surprised :)
stupid

Gloucester, VA

#20 Mar 19, 2013
Tim Curtin wrote:
<quoted text>

Well, if you ask me, it was a horrible night's work. First, why are you taking credit for a resident's research he did on his own time? Second, it is not the first time the town has coordinated with the County. Third, it is highway robbery for the town to redo Robin Grove well (no, not the water tower, dummy) just because the idiots don't know how to run it. That's the only problem - hire someone who knows how to do the job. Millions of taxpayer dollars wasted because of Val's ego.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 1 hr -Prince- 4,900
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr -Prince- 4,381
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 1 hr -Prince- 16,702
A to Z of song titles (Apr '14) 2 hr WTCSRET 509
A to Z: names of music artists (Apr '14) 2 hr WTCSRET 560
Song Title Game (Apr '14) 5 hr WTCSRET 464
paris cowboy =music (Apr '14) 5 hr WTCSRET 531
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colonial Beach Mortgages