American Legion Loyalty
Joy Morris

Aylett, VA

#1 Apr 14, 2013
This is my very first time on this website and it will be the last. I am a very proud member of Post #148 Auxiliary thanks to my Dad who served our country well. I have been a Karaoke DJ at the Legion for the last two year and for the rumormill around town was not fired, but resigned playing on Friday nights. My reason? I have peace in my life and within. When my peace is jeapardized I elinate the negativity from my life. I was going to fulfill my obligation to play for the EOD event on April 20th, but due to a miscommunication, another DJ is playing. I am fine with that as I just did not want anything to go wrong with the EOD event. I will gladly volunteer my time for any worthy cause. I have made many friends at the American Legion and will continue to support the Post. For those caught up in the drama, just remember to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Anyone who is not directly involved,please keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself. If we cannot function among ouselves, how can we support our troops/veterans?
as i see it

King George, VA

#2 Apr 14, 2013
who cares you were fired opps quit and why whine about it makes you look like a spoiled kid or a crazey DRUNK
old school

King George, VA

#3 Apr 14, 2013
hey!!! as i see it !! your a real piece of garbage!!
rob irvine

King George, VA

#4 Apr 14, 2013
joy you are a great person!!! dont let this negative comments affect you!!! bottom line.
Amused

Aylett, VA

#5 Apr 17, 2013
as i see it and old school need to get a life!
Amused

Aylett, VA

#7 Apr 17, 2013
old school and as i see it need to get a life!
outsider

Alexandria, VA

#8 Apr 18, 2013
I HOPE THE AMERICAN LEGION GETS A REAL MANAGER. THE PROBLEM WITH ALL OF THE PAST MANAGERS IS THAT THEY HAVE NO REAL EXPERIENCE. MY SUGGESTION IS THE E BOARD NEEDS TO PAY A DECENT SALARY AND GET A REAL MANAGER. THIS ORGANIZATION HANDLES ALOT OF MONEY. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. QUIT TREATING THIS JOB AS A PART TIME JOB. JUST THINK THE BARTENDERS MAKE MORE THAN THEIR MANAGER.. THIS IS UNREAL. WISE UP AND ADVERTISE THE POSITION, WITH A REAL SALARY. GET AWAY FROM THE GOOD OLD BOY SYNDROME. WAKE UP. A GOOD MANAGER MAY IMPROVE CUSTOMER BASE AND AT ATTRACT SOME NEW MEMBERS. ITS WORTH A TRY BECAUSE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE IN THE PAST HAS PROVEN THAT IT HASNT WORKED. WAKE UP AND MAKE A REAL DECISION FOR OUR POST. SHOW THAT THERE IS SOME LEADERSHIP ON THE BOARD. REMEMBER YOU LEAD BY EXAMPLE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z: names of cities, towns, states, places ... (Apr '14) 28 min Honest Babe 208
paris cowboy =music (Apr '14) 31 min Honest Babe 609
A to Z: names of music artists (Apr '14) 37 min Honest Babe 630
The Famous Name Game (Apr '14) 40 min Honest Babe 153
Song Title Game (Apr '14) 42 min Honest Babe 526
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 46 min Honest Babe 4,556
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 51 min Honest Babe 5,072

Colonial Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colonial Beach Mortgages