Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 13, 2013
Someone made this terrific video featuring a dear friend of mine since childhood.
Mrs. Ellie Caruthers is truly a treasure.
Watch and enjoy.

BGBungalow

Tappahannock, VA

#2 Jan 13, 2013
Absolutely wonderful! I'm a cottage owner in CB and I can relate to Ellie and the relationships you develop with the repeat families who come to Colonial Beach to vacation. We have such a wonderful little town to share with others. I wish I had a nickle for every family that told me how much they enjoyed their stay here and wished they didn't have to leave. These are the type of things that need to be on the town and chamber website. Sharing the "stories and history" here in CB. No matter whether you are a full time/seasonal resident or a frequent visitor, it all begins with your first visit to CB, just as Ellie's did. Thank you Tim for sharing and thank you Ellie (and Doc) for your wonderful contribution to the town!

“Don't Drop Names”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

#3 Jan 13, 2013
There's a LOT there, but you have to be OLD enough to pick it out. I hope if I reach that milestone that I retain my facilities as well as she has!
I did not miss the If-then loop for burial :)
I believe humor MAY be a key ingredient to a long life :)
I could be wrong :)
That would be a GOOD start for a master DVD of CB Culture or NN culture your call!
How did you run across it and is there more out there?
Family

King George, VA

#4 Jan 13, 2013
Topix is such a mean and hateful place. Please do not slander Ellie, she has done nothing but good things for people and this town. I truely hope this thread goes away quickly

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 13, 2013
WTCSRET wrote:
There's a LOT there, but you have to be OLD enough to pick it out. I hope if I reach that milestone that I retain my facilities as well as she has!
I did not miss the If-then loop for burial :)
I believe humor MAY be a key ingredient to a long life :)
I could be wrong :)
That would be a GOOD start for a master DVD of CB Culture or NN culture your call!
How did you run across it and is there more out there?
The video was posted on facebook. I'm trying to establish contact with the creators to see if they are interested in doing more of this type.
Docs Fan

Alexandria, VA

#6 Jan 13, 2013
The video was moving and warmed my heart. Thank for for sharing Miss Ellie's story with us. I am grateful.
SWCPO

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 13, 2013
I personally know Ellie Caruthers and there is not a finer person in Colonial Beach, VA. I spent many nights in Doc's Motor Court before the wife and I eventually bought our own cottage in town. She is trully a great Lady and one of Colonial Beaches treasures.

“Local Boy Done Good!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 13, 2013
If you ever have time, stop in and ask her about old times. She has a vast amount of historical knowledge in her head.

Hysterical knowledge too. Some of the stories she can tell will make your sides hurt.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 14, 2013
Tim Curtin wrote:
<quoted text>
The video was posted on facebook. I'm trying to establish contact with the creators to see if they are interested in doing more of this type.
Great video.. brings back a lot of nice memories. For those of us who often (sometimes too often) post to Topix, we do so mainly out of love of the town and wanting to see it improve. A video like this reminds us of why we do in fact love the town so much. Those of us who are lucky to have been born and raised there will always treasure places like Doc's.
Tdj2011

Baltimore, MD

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Saw Ms. Ellie at Foodlion yesterday. I asked if she was the "star" of a video I saw. She saidL I guess so. Didn,t even know he was taping" Just a sweet woman! She is 1 of the nice things about our town!
Luv the beach

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Speaks to the heart of our great little town!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr WTCSRET 1,286
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 4 hr WTCSRET 13,676
Ray Wells 4 hr who cares 14
Olas or 7/11 (Apr '09) 5 hr Agreed 36
tipsa (Jan '14) 17 hr WTCSRET 128
cbvrs Thu Absolutely 11
Agitators Thu Jeepers Creepers 3
More from around the web

Colonial Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE