Idea

Hayes, VA

#1 Dec 4, 2012
Before we waste gas and time running to Walmart, F'burg or the PX, consider our local merchants. Perhaps you can get a gift certificate for a local restaurant, Food Lion shopping cards, tools for your handyman at True Value, furniture at the Rankins furniture shop, frames/Christmas decorations/clothes at Family Dollar or Dollar General, original art and hand crafts at shops on Hawthorn (Visions by Shirl, Pottery by Hannah, Studio A, Jarrett Thor Fine Arts Gallery in the condo building, etc.), collectibles/ antiques/jewelry at Esco next to Visions by Shirl and Potomac Accents on Washington), jewelry and other gifts at Grandma's Jewelry Box on Colonial Ave., on and on. CB Discount has CB shirts, Beach stuff, etc. And nearby Cities on Rt. 205 N. and Rydell's just down from Halls" for antiques and collectibles. Perhaps coupons from Domino's Pizza,Papa John's or MacDonald's. How about a Savings Bond from one of the banks. So many local opportunities.
Dog days

Springfield, VA

#2 Dec 5, 2012
What about a gift certificate from Denson's or the Tides Inn Market? They may also be able to make up a gift bag or basket. How about a certificate to a local eating establishment?
Dog days

Springfield, VA

#3 Dec 5, 2012
Sorry, I posted twice by mistake. They also prepare party platters.
VETNAM 2

Falls Church, VA

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Idea wrote:
Before we waste gas and time running to Walmart, F'burg or the PX, consider our local merchants. Perhaps you can get a gift certificate for a local restaurant, Food Lion shopping cards, tools for your handyman at True Value, furniture at the Rankins furniture shop, frames/Christmas decorations/clothes at Family Dollar or Dollar General, original art and hand crafts at shops on Hawthorn (Visions by Shirl, Pottery by Hannah, Studio A, Jarrett Thor Fine Arts Gallery in the condo building, etc.), collectibles/ antiques/jewelry at Esco next to Visions by Shirl and Potomac Accents on Washington), jewelry and other gifts at Grandma's Jewelry Box on Colonial Ave., on and on. CB Discount has CB shirts, Beach stuff, etc. And nearby Cities on Rt. 205 N. and Rydell's just down from Halls" for antiques and collectibles. Perhaps coupons from Domino's Pizza,Papa John's or MacDonald's. How about a Savings Bond from one of the banks. So many local opportunities.
Idea.....

Totally agree. I officially, albeit accidently, started my Christmas shopping last month at Wishes & Dreams, when I ran across a serving platter I couldn't resist because it was a perfect match for the intended giftee. Their stock is constantly rotating and nicely displayed, AND their prices are reasonable.
Thank you

Hayes, VA

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Good information. Thanks for sharing.
Raggedy Ann

Bowling Green, VA

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Don't forget Raggs store by Rankin's and The Red Barn in Oak Grove. Also, Ingleside has a great gift shop as does Stratford Hall.
not new 2 beach

King George, VA

#7 Dec 6, 2012
The Beach Shop is really high price see they haven't been open for awhile,Discount has nice gift ideas.
Idea

Gloucester, VA

#8 Dec 12, 2012
This Friday, 6 to 9:00 is the monthly Art Walk, primarily on Hawthorn Street...plus Lala's Hair Salon and the Fisheries building.

GREAT GIFT OPPORTUNITIES, PLUS THEY SERVE REFRESHMENTS.
LocalShopper

King George, VA

#9 Jan 6, 2013
GREAT IDEAS SHOP LOCAL SO MANY GIFT IDEAS I DID SHOPPING AROUND TOWN GIFT CARDS LEDOS AND FOOD LION POTOMAC ACCENTS OFFERS GIFT CERT, GIFT BASKETS LOTS OF JEWERLY NINTENDO AND GAMES VERVA BRADLEY A VERY LARGE SUPPLY OF MANY DIFFERENT ITEMS AND CATS MEOW OFFERING 20% OFF SELECT ITEMS WINTER HOURS FRIDAY THUR SUNDAY 4 TO 6 CHECK IT OUT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED ALSO QUILTS
not new 2 beach

King George, VA

#10 Jan 7, 2013
cats meow is that acrossfrom Nancy?? The Beach Shop on the boardwalk is WAYYY 2 HIGH I think and rude.
HB Rules

United States

#11 Jan 7, 2013
locals only............it use to be a t-shirt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 3 hr Jake 1,361
Bikefest 3 hr wtcsret 3
Mold in town hall 4 hr Not 29
Ridge road 5 hr builder bob 8
Upcoming election 6 hr Surrounded by mayhem 3
tipsa (Jan '14) Tue wtcsret 81
Ethics Ethics Ethics Tue Ethics 5
Colonial Beach Dating
Find my Match

Colonial Beach Jobs