Reedville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

Has anyone driven down Bryant this weekend and seen the lovely "redneck" fence on Joyce's propery? Who the heck approved that? Don't you need approval to put up a fence? It is the ugliest thing I have seen in a long time. I can not believe people like this decor. What's next? A car put up on blocks! Can't wait.
loveCB

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Just rode past this ugly fence. What was she thinking? I guess if you know the right people you can do whatever you want. Joyce, please remove this piece of s---!
anne fan

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

She has been hanging out with Anne too much, what do you expect from the town slumlord
whoarewe

Suffolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

I thought we were trying to improve this town. Another house on Bryant has cut down part of a tree and removed all the shrubs and bushes. Two lovely additions to the neighborhood.
Lucy

Kilmarnock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Wardman bought the house that had all the shrubs and tree cut down. Maybe he will explain what he is doing with the property.
What can I say about Joyce, she is the typical Redneck woman. Money does not buy style or class.
Connie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

anne fan wrote:
She has been hanging out with Anne too much, what do you expect from the town slumlord
You people are mean!!!
good ole boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

looks good I am with you,you know if you take and old car tire turn it inside out and paint it it makes a nice planter also a old Ford Fairlane up on cynder blocks with the wheels and hood off is always a nice touch I think its artistic keep up it keeps things interesting in hard political times like this a great mental diversion
TownResident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

I think Joyce got a new puppy and is trying to keep it from running in the road with the fence. Maybe a car on blocks realy would be something we could use here. God knows too few people around here talk about anything important, just busybodies and mindless gossip like havetoknow.
livefree

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

Did she get a permit for this lovely fence? No one is being mean. People are only voicing their opinions. Puppy or no puppy, this fence is offensive. If she wants to keep the puppy safe, she should have made a better choice in fencing.
LIVE AND LET LIVE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

diversity is what has made this town appealing AND QUIRKY ,DO WE REALLY WANT IT LIKE A HOME OWNERS ASSOC. IN NORTHERN VA WHERE EVERYTHING DONE TO YOR HOUSE HAS TO BE APPROVED BY A PANEL OF NEIGHBORS .BE HUMAN CELEBRATE OUR DIFFERENCE IN TASTES LET HER FINISH HER PROJECT THE WAY SHE SEES IT,ITS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS.WHEM YOU FIRST CAME TO TOWN THE SMAL TOWN FEELING IS WHAT YOU LIKED STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THT MENTALITY, PEOPLE LIKED EACH OTHER AND THEIR PROPERTY EXPRESSED THE
Get a clue

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

No diversity is what got the town here, falling apart and broke! small town does not = trashy
HB Rules

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

omg..........this town if full of diversity to the point of being a detriment!!!!!!!!
CB Clean UP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

If ever a town needed a homeowners association it's this one. We pay a Resort Tax to the County annually and I'm still looking for the Resort !!! Maybe someone burried it under our waterfront trailor park. That would explain a lot. Many of our residents take pride in their property and there is just as many residents that don't. This has been tolerated for so many years that everyone just looks the other way now. What have we done to our property values ??????????
Joyce Gunderson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

Hello, my name is Joyce Gunderson. I want to identify myself, unlike most of the 'spineless' people who I've heard chat on Topix. What a compliment it is to me to have so many people take an interest in my home. Yes, I have a new puppy and I invite you all to stop by and meet him. No gifts please, I'm sure that just having you here in person will be more than enough. By the way, please leave me some suggestions for my front door. You should take time to be creative instead of wanting to tear down everyone and everything in town. Sincerely Yours, the largest taxpaying slumlord at Colonial Beach.
justinterested

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Does anyone know if you need a permit to build a fence? Maybe she can put up anything she wants. I mean, look at some of the lots around here.
Just a question

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

As the largest taxpayer for rental units does this include the lodging tax that B&B and hotels pay the town?
Lucy

Kilmarnock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Judged:

Joyce, have you ever heard of the invisible fence.
They work very well.
I believe Mr. Wardman has one. And several other people on the beach.
Do you pay tax on the business you run out of one of your houses.
Thinking out Loud

Saluda, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Judged:

Go to Town Hall and see if it is a code violation. If it is, go see Joyce and tell her yourself what you find wrong with her property. If it isn't a code violation then leave her alone. It is her property, HERS not yours. She has the right to do whatever she wants to HER property, as long as laws aren't broken. If you think she shouldn't do what she wants...then change the laws.
Just Asking

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Judged:

leave the beautiful lady alone!
Connie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Judged:

Just Asking wrote:
leave the beautiful lady alone!
That's right....leave her alone. These people are so jealous of her it is ridiculous
I'm glad that you stood up for yourself Joyce.All cowards, that's what they are, will not post their names.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of93
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Colonial Beach Forum right now

Search the Colonial Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Favorite TV Shows 4 min Easter Ham 5
A to Z: your thoughts 5 min Easter Ham 81
The Famous Name Game 8 min Easter Ham 16
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 10 min Easter Ham 1,197
A to Z of Cars/Car Parts 12 min Easter Ham 96
A to Z: things that fit inside a matchbox 14 min Easter Ham 103
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 15 min Easter Ham 12,554
•••
•••