Potomac-Westmoreland Shores golf cart thefts

Posted in the Colonial Beach Forum

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Aug 25, 2012

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 23, 2012
 
Word is that 4 or 5 residents had their golf carts stolen last night in the area as well as cars broken in to. Just a word of caution to be alert!
Observer

Irvington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have been there. My thief got caught and we were going to court They were charged for grand larceny. The night before the trial it was called off. We have never been informed why it was cancelled...I can only hope you had Insurance. Depend on your self, our police dept su*ks
Every household needs to get cameras. Or a machine gune to protect your rights.
John G

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 23, 2012
 
camera and motion activated lights. Steve the Locksmith had a few good posts on security

Since: Nov 09

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

These are just a few. Proper security of the carts (inside a locked garage or building) is the best. Sometimes you have to look at your property as a criminal does and ask IF WANT TO DO SOMETHING HOW WOULD I DO IT?

Security Tips for Home & Office:

1. Make sure there is ample lighting on the inside and outside of your home and business.
2. Frequently cut back bushes and shrubs from walkways, doors and windows.
3. Do not let newspapers or mail pile up while you are away.
4. Ladders and other items should be stored away to prevent access to a second story.
5. Ask your neighbors to keep an eye out for strange activity while you are away and offer to do the same for them.
6. Are you a creature of HABIT? Try to change your daily activity. Donít always park in the same spot, and try to vary your departure and arrival times. Carry items close to your body.
7. Never leave your vehicle running and unattended.
8. Never leave valuables in plain sight.
9. Keep a watchful eye on strange vehicles in your neighborhood.
10. Do not leave packages out where they can be seen from the street.
LOL

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Observer wrote:
I have been there. My thief got caught and we were going to court They were charged for grand larceny. The night before the trial it was called off. We have never been informed why it was cancelled...I can only hope you had Insurance. Depend on your self, our police dept su*ks
Every household needs to get cameras. Or a machine gune to protect your rights.
Sounds like the police did thier job but the CA dropped the ball with court. Why blame the police for the CA dropping case?
Dumbass

White Stone, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Steves Locksmith wrote:
These are just a few. Proper security of the carts (inside a locked garage or building) is the best. Sometimes you have to look at your property as a criminal does and ask IF WANT TO DO SOMETHING HOW WOULD I DO IT?
Security Tips for Home & Office:
1. Make sure there is ample lighting on the inside and outside of your home and business.
2. Frequently cut back bushes and shrubs from walkways, doors and windows.
3. Do not let newspapers or mail pile up while you are away.
4. Ladders and other items should be stored away to prevent access to a second story.
5. Ask your neighbors to keep an eye out for strange activity while you are away and offer to do the same for them.
6. Are you a creature of HABIT? Try to change your daily activity. Donít always park in the same spot, and try to vary your departure and arrival times. Carry items close to your body.
7. Never leave your vehicle running and unattended.
8. Never leave valuables in plain sight.
9. Keep a watchful eye on strange vehicles in your neighborhood.
10. Do not leave packages out where they can be seen from the street.
You are complete tool bag go play with some door knobs or something, your a weird individual.

Since: Nov 09

Bealeton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dumbass wrote:
<quoted text>You are complete tool bag go play with some door knobs or something, your a weird individual.
Thank you for your comment and input. This is coming from a person with a name of "Dumbass". DAH.
Mudd Butt

Marbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Dumbass are u that much of a moron that u would call him a weirdo. WTF was wrong with a little reminder of how to secure your belongings

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dockside Restaurant and Tiki Bar 1 hr Catherine G 7
olonial Beach Police Department 2 hr C Ya 49
Babysitters 6 hr Han 12
Welcoming Our Service Members Home...! 6 hr Mjolnir 3
Ray Wells 6 hr Boo yah 3
old papa johns building 7 hr Solidude 15
Beachgate motel 8 hr Solidude 15
•••
•••
•••

Colonial Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Colonial Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Colonial Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Colonial Beach
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••