The Grand Marshal of the 2013 Potomac...

The Grand Marshal of the 2013 Potomac River Festival Grand Feature Parade is...

Posted in the Colonial Beach Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 6, 2013
I have received confirmation that Torrey Smith will be the Grand Marshal of the Grand Feature Parade on June 8, 2013.

Please pass the word so we can get a lot of new visitors in Town.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 6, 2013
OK, it's out there. Tweeted, Blogged and Facebooked.
Thank you to those who worked to make it happen.
pig willie

Hanover, VA

#3 Mar 6, 2013
big deal
dawg suporter

King George, VA

#4 Mar 6, 2013
Tim Curtin wrote:
I have received confirmation that Torrey Smith will be the Grand Marshal of the Grand Feature Parade on June 8, 2013.
Please pass the word so we can get a lot of new visitors in Town.
Might get a better crowd if you had the dawg as grand marshal after all its the year of the dawg
Tdj2011

Washington, DC

#5 Mar 6, 2013
I think its great that Torrey is willing to give his time to the town. I do have 1 question though, Who the hell is "dawg& abbey".?
Judge

Saluda, VA

#6 Mar 6, 2013
Tim Curtin -- How many times have you been told to stay off of Topixs? You are on Town Council and you should stay offffff TOPIXS. Torry is going to be the Grand Marshal of the Potomac River Festival. Where did you get Grand Feature Parade? Topix always slams people and it is a big joke to alot of people and there has already been trash put on this TOPIXS. The best place to put your info would be in the Westmoreland News and the Journal.

“Don't Drop Names”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

#7 Mar 6, 2013
Judge wrote:
Tim Curtin -- How many times have you been told to stay off of Topixs? You are on Town Council and you should stay offffff TOPIXS. Torry is going to be the Grand Marshal of the Potomac River Festival. Where did you get Grand Feature Parade? Topix always slams people and it is a big joke to alot of people and there has already been trash put on this TOPIXS. The best place to put your info would be in the Westmoreland News and the Journal.
Believe it or not, There is a sizeable audience here lookie Lous, registered users and a facebook contingent. Tim is registered and attempts to inform and guide the "information" posted here that relates to the town. Whoever is "telling him" to stay off TOPIX is a fool. He should use all the tools he has to comunicate. The best part is he will NEVER be mistaken for a dog or a hungry monkey :)

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;...
Shery Ashley

Colonial Beach, VA

#8 Mar 6, 2013
The theme of the Potomac River Festival "Grand Feature Parade" 2013 is "Hometown Heroes."

We are encouraging floats honoring hometown heros found in everyday life. The Teacher of the Year, our veterans young and old, the scouts, special volunteers, our first responders, and more.

If you have any ideas for parade entries reflecting the theme, please call the chamber and I will follow up on these suggestions.

You can get a copy of the parade participant application on the chamber website or call the chamber.

Shery Ashley
Parade Chairperson

Since: Jan 13

Colonial Beach, VA

#9 Mar 6, 2013
Judge wrote:
.......Where did you get Grand Feature Parade?
The name of the parade for the Potomac River Festival is the Grand Feature Parade. It has been so for a long time.

Shery Ashley
Parade Chairperson

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10 Mar 7, 2013
Very cool news. Glad to see Torrey as Grand Marshall.
John W

Aylett, VA

#11 Mar 7, 2013
Judge wrote:
Tim Curtin -- How many times have you been told to stay off of Topixs? You are on Town Council and you should stay offffff TOPIXS. Torry is going to be the Grand Marshal of the Potomac River Festival. Where did you get Grand Feature Parade? Topix always slams people and it is a big joke to alot of people and there has already been trash put on this TOPIXS. The best place to put your info would be in the Westmoreland News and the Journal.
You 7308sir are a Bu Head, You need to mind your own business until you know what you are talking about.
Thanks Tim for the info.

“Local Boy Done Good!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#12 Mar 7, 2013
Tim: That is great news! I hadnt heard that.

Shery: That is a real coups! Congrats! You are off to a great start!
dawg suporter

King George, VA

#13 Mar 7, 2013
Shery Ashley wrote:
The theme of the Potomac River Festival "Grand Feature Parade" 2013 is "Hometown Heroes."
We are encouraging floats honoring hometown heros found in everyday life. The Teacher of the Year, our veterans young and old, the scouts, special volunteers, our first responders, and more.
If you have any ideas for parade entries reflecting the theme, please call the chamber and I will follow up on these suggestions.
You can get a copy of the parade participant application on the chamber website or call the chamber.
Shery Ashley
Parade Chairperson
Thats why the Dawg should be in the Parade he is our Home Town Hero

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#14 Mar 7, 2013
Kudos to all that made this happen.
The Chamber of Commerce and Coach Steve Swope deserve our thanks.
dawg suporter

King George, VA

#15 Mar 7, 2013
Tim Curtin wrote:
Kudos to all that made this happen.
The Chamber of Commerce and Coach Steve Swope deserve our thanks.
yes and also he will be driving with the dawg in the new ice cream truck
Parade Planner

Alexandria, VA

#16 Mar 7, 2013
Knowing that the dawg is for the youth, why would the youth why wouldn't the coordinator reach out to him and get him involved in one way or another at a time where the town would be crowded? This is the type of things that would inspire other buisness to grow but at the same time it would benefit the community I just dont understand why the town would be not support the locals but allowbthese clowns to walk all over selling $20 horns and silly spray. Town council wake up support are local populous and stop sitting back and keeping on with the same ol nonsense. What exactly has the new committee done so far? Nows the time to start making changes
Nuts

Colonial Beach, VA

#17 Mar 7, 2013
Judge wrote:
Tim Curtin -- How many times have you been told to stay off of Topixs? You are on Town Council and you should stay offffff TOPIXS. Torry is going to be the Grand Marshal of the Potomac River Festival. Where did you get Grand Feature Parade? Topix always slams people and it is a big joke to alot of people and there has already been trash put on this TOPIXS. The best place to put your info would be in the Westmoreland News and the Journal.
Tim, welcome to the world of hate in this town. It doesn't matter how hard you work to try to make things right - it's just not good enough.

Since: Jan 13

Colonial Beach, VA

#18 Mar 7, 2013
CB Drifter 55 wrote:
Tim: That is great news! I hadnt heard that.
Shery: That is a real coups! Congrats! You are off to a great start!
The Chamber arranged this with the help of Coach Swope! Thanks to them!

“Local Boy Done Good!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#19 Mar 7, 2013
Lets hear it for Coach Swope and the Chamber of Commerce! Well-done!
Theme - Hometown Heroes

District Heights, MD

#20 Mar 8, 2013
Shery Ashley wrote:
The theme of the Potomac River Festival "Grand Feature Parade" 2013 is "Hometown Heroes."
We are encouraging floats honoring hometown heros found in everyday life. The Teacher of the Year, our veterans young and old, the scouts, special volunteers, our first responders, and more.
If you have any ideas for parade entries reflecting the theme, please call the chamber and I will follow up on these suggestions.
You can get a copy of the parade participant application on the chamber website or call the chamber.
Shery Ashley
Parade Chairperson
I am not sure the theme of the Parade "Hometown Heroes" is appropriate for a football player. There are many Heroes within Colonial Beach but to put that title on anyone other than a real hero does an injustice to the real ones. Maybe we can change the theme to Hometown Heros and celebrities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 2 hr Beach Girl 13,922
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 12 hr Beach Girl 1,509
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 12 hr Beach Girl 2,245
Out of towner 23 hr Rusty 1
Petition to keep Ms Gardner Sun Kursk 15
Blessed to be living in Colonial Beach Sun Leon 13
Police at church across from nursing home Sat Nosey 5
More from around the web

Colonial Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Colonial Beach Mortgages