Friends of Scouting 2009 - Keynote Speaker, Captain James Lovell, Distinguished Eagle Scout,

Jan 9, 2009 Full story: hovbsa.org 6

Written by Todd Martin, Heart of Virginia Council
Posted to TPOIX by Scoutmaster Frank A. Alger, Jr., Vice-Chairman Rivers District, Heart of Virginia Council, Boy Scouts of America

Keynote Speaker Just Announced...

Captain James Lovell, Distinguished Eagle Scout, Career Astronaut and Commander of Apollo 13

Friends of Scouting Dinner - Thursday, February 26, 2009 at the Greater Richmond Convention Center.

The guest speaker will be Alan Townley, author of Legacy of Honor, a book about the contributions of many Eagle Scouts to our nation, including Mr. Lovell.

BB&T/Scott & Stringfellow is serving as the lead sponsor. CEO Walter S. Robertson, III and Chairman S. Buford Scott will serve as Master of Ceremonies and Honorary Dinner Chairman, respectively.

[To request an invitation contact Rivers District Chairman Tim Gaylord at frogprince@hughes.net, or (804)204-2613 and mention you are from the Rivers District area.]

The Friends of Scouting dinner is the signature event of the Heart of Virginia Council's Friends of Scouting annual giving campaign.

Friends of Scouting is Scouting's largest and most important source of funding. The strength of the campaign, and in Scouting in general, lies with individuals who give their time, talent and resources to keep this great movement going.

Scouting truly is a movement of individuals and organizations who believe in how we develop character, citizenship and leadership skills in youth.

Thank You for Your Time - Scoutmaster Frank A. Alger, Jr.
troop258cbva@msn.com

Full Story
Uncle Bruce

Annapolis, MD

#1 Jan 10, 2009
Way to go, Brendan! You are an exemplary young man, and an inspiration to us all. We are so, so proud of you. Congratulations on your success. Lots of love from us all,
Bruce (YFU)
Selena

Annapolis, MD

#2 Jan 10, 2009
You rock, Brendan!
Marisa

Annapolis, MD

#3 Jan 10, 2009
Great job, Brendan! I'm so proud of you.
Robin

Annapolis, MD

#4 Jan 10, 2009
Amazing, Mr. Eagle! Can I get your autograph?
Neighbor

White Stone, VA

#5 Jan 10, 2009
Congrats Brendan. You not only made yourself proud, but you made Colonial Beach proud. Everytime someone achieves an award or honor in CB, we all think we are part of it. You make us all proud.
NAMVET 2

Washington, DC

#6 Jan 10, 2009
Neighbor wrote:
Congrats Brendan. You not only made yourself proud, but you made Colonial Beach proud. Everytime someone achieves an award or honor in CB, we all think we are part of it. You make us all proud.
Right on, Brendan. I may not be your favorite uncle, but by golly, I still feel proud or your accomplishments!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Council AXES Police Vehicles 6 hr Scrooge 32
what would you like to see at Kelseas Kitchen 12 hr Karma 16
County Supervisor Overheard 12 hr Osprey Annie 26
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 15 hr Great White 1,530
Medical Center Fri BeachGoer 19
Colonial Beach School of Rock Concert Thu Ugh 5
who is the biggest drunk in colonial beach Thu Ugh 1
Colonial Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web