Posted in the Colonial Beach Forum

Cowboy

Alexandria, VA

#1 Feb 12, 2013
Beautiful water views!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Hunan, beers at Dockside, Rocky's oysters, playing the ponies at the 'Boat, riding around the point once a day, Festival weekend, (Although Labor Day is good too, when everyone packs up and leaves.. nice to have the sleepy town back after a long summer) Drifter sports, smell of salt water in the spring, Santa on the firetruck... great little town.
2centsworth

Columbia, MD

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Miles of waterfront walks/bike rides/golf cart rides, the sound of the waves, French/Thai food, friendly neighbors, fishing off the pier, relaxing on the boat/dock/pier. Like someone said last year-
Instead of the Ocean, Come to the Beach!
Big Island

Bronx, NY

#4 Feb 13, 2013
At least it's not the county.
Tdj2011

Suitland, MD

#5 Feb 14, 2013
Knowing my "roots" are here ase are my friends and family.
Good times

Nokesville, VA

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Getting a sandwich at fat Freda's , and eating at the beach.
Cowboy

Alexandria, VA

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Chedder biscuits at Densons
Fried chicken at Olas ( I miss her)
Pasta at Ledos
Friday shrimp at Fat Frieda's
Thanksgiving buffet at Wilkersons
Breakfast at Lennies,( oh I miss him)
Pizza at Dominos and Papas
Thai at both places
Cold brew at Dockside
Easter buffet at Hunan Diner
Chinese take out in the shopping center
And a take out dinner from Burley

Yum yum yum, I repeat YUM!
Margaret Dutton_Col_Ave

Alexandria, VA

#8 Feb 15, 2013
You are all so right!!!

We are very lucky!

Stop. I am an educated woman from one of the finest universities in the country.

You can't sell me this nonsense?

Listing fast food as a benefit of living here is like listing bubbling hot springs in a neighborhood in Love Canal.

Wait. Did you mention that we have a 7-11 that sells cardboard pizza? Did you mention that river smells like sewage on days?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Margaret Dutton_Col_Ave wrote:
You are all so right!!!
We are very lucky!
Stop. I am an educated woman from one of the finest universities in the country.
Listing fast food as a benefit of living here is like listing bubbling hot springs in a neighborhood in Love Canal.
Wait. Did you mention that we have a 7-11 that sells cardboard pizza? Did you mention that river smells like sewage on days?
I'm sure that you have your motivations for your angst towards CB.. however, please move. Do yourself, your family, your neighborhood and everyone else a favor and look for another place to live. Whatever "fine" university you attended should have offered an elective credit class or two in the study of happiness and joy, because it seems by your postings you have none. Your rantings make you look like the typical "you kids get off my lawn!" lunatic. While you may view many of us as uneducated or beneath your supposed "fine" university education, please spare us further comment. You offer nothing of substance as it seems that you are completely void of any happiness and the mere thought of anyone "enjoying" themselves in Colonial Beach makes you even angrier. In a world filled with crappiness, a simple ride around the point, a burger at Dockside, a beer with a friend, a day at the beach with kids and other things listed can keep us all happy or at least content... those little thing that I personally noted made life pretty good for me, and got me through tough times. Besides moving, another suggestion would be taking a step back and realizing that living in CB can be worthwhile or even fun, should you shake off the misery or hatred you have.
perplexed

Roanoke, VA

#10 Feb 15, 2013
smartassofficial wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that you have your motivations for your angst towards CB.. however, please move. Do yourself, your family, your neighborhood and everyone else a favor and look for another place to live. Whatever "fine" university you attended should have offered an elective credit class or two in the study of happiness and joy, because it seems by your postings you have none. Your rantings make you look like the typical "you kids get off my lawn!" lunatic. While you may view many of us as uneducated or beneath your supposed "fine" university education, please spare us further comment. You offer nothing of substance as it seems that you are completely void of any happiness and the mere thought of anyone "enjoying" themselves in Colonial Beach makes you even angrier. In a world filled with crappiness, a simple ride around the point, a burger at Dockside, a beer with a friend, a day at the beach with kids and other things listed can keep us all happy or at least content... those little thing that I personally noted made life pretty good for me, and got me through tough times. Besides moving, another suggestion would be taking a step back and realizing that living in CB can be worthwhile or even fun, should you shake off the misery or hatred you have.
I agree with you. Small things in life can make for the happiest times. Going to lunch at the various mentioned locations, sitting with friends and enjoying a good meal are part of the joys of life. Frances Karn (whom I'm sure some of you remember) used to say that "once you got the sand of Colonial Beach between your toes, you would never want to move away". This is a small town which has had it's issues, but the people make it what it is. Ms. Margaret, you need to stop looking down your nose at everyone, smile and join the fun.
HB Rules

United States

#11 Feb 15, 2013
this guy
Clueless

Falls Church, VA

#12 Feb 15, 2013
HB Rules wrote:
this guy
Scuse me?
Cowboy

Alexandria, VA

#13 Feb 15, 2013
Margaret Dutton_Col_Ave wrote:
You are all so right!!!
We are very lucky!
U poor unhappy thing... Y not just stop and smell the roses. If u think the river stinks y on earth r u living here?
Didn't your high fauluting university education teach u to live where u r happiest? Seems u need a refund on your tuition! U got took.
Abby Walcher

Springfield, VA

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Lets not pile on her.

Everyone has the right to express their thoughts.

This is America.

Abby
Observer

White Stone, VA

#15 Feb 15, 2013
Margaret there are a lot of University grads here, and several Masters, and probably some Phd. With your negative attitude I see why you dont fit in here. I fell sorry for you that you cant leave. Ifeel sorry for us that you have to stay.
2centsworth

Columbia, MD

#16 Feb 17, 2013
Let's get back to the original topic Please.
Colonial Beach is a great place to live
because of the beach and all the water activities the Potomac has to offer! It's proximity to multiple historic monuments and homes also makes it a great vacation spot. Plus it's close enough to Washington D.C. and to Richmond to be the perfect weekend getaway! Instead of the Ocean,
Come to the Beach!
Cowboy

Alexandria, VA

#17 Feb 17, 2013
Yes come to the beach, summer is just around the corner!

Since: Feb 13

Columbia, MD

#18 Feb 18, 2013
Love visiting Colonial beach both during the off winter season and summer season. Winters are quiet and relaxing while the summers are quite lively for the small town!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 35 min WTCSRET 1,139
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 42 min WTCSRET 2,000
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 44 min WTCSRET 13,519
High Tides 4 Sale 15 hr Condo King 37
docs Sun Dr Victor Troyan 8
New Chief Interviews going on next week Sun wtcsret 34
Eye Sore At Old Happy Clam Lot Sun Johnny Jones 13
More from around the web

Colonial Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE