United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Judged:

I don't if many of you know but they just started a Jr Cadet Program through the Police Department for 13 yr old to 20 years. And i really think this can help with the teens being occupied this summer and staying out of trouble. They will be helping with the parade and other events and they will be doing different things to make money for this program. Like car washes bake sales and so on and keep in mind this is a non profit organization and all donation are helpful for the kids. This will also help there career later in life.And from what i hear there are 2 girls also on the squad i really think this is great for our cummunity. I as a long time Beach Resident with no children think this is wonderful thing they got started. And i will give a donation and i am sure there is alot of you would like to donate to something like this. Thanks for listening.
Wonderful Idea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Judged:

I think it is an awsome Idea. I Think this is the best thing CB Has going for it's Town. Do we go to the police station to make the donations or to Town Hall.I hope the police station from what i hear the town has a hard time with their own money. But Nextgeneration can you let me know thank you.
About Time

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Good job CB. This is a great Idea I am really Empressed. And with our Newly elected Tim Trivett likes to help with things like this for the children. If we can get the community to help with programs like this.Like they do bashing people on the forums this program would have plenty of money. GOOD LUCK TO THE JR POLICE CADETS.
Nextgeneration

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

who="Wonderful Idea"]I think it is an awsome Idea. I Think this is the best thing CB Has going for it's Town. Do we go to the police station to make the donations or to Town Hall.I hope the police station from what i hear the town has a hard time with their own money. But Nextgeneration can you let me know thank you.
Yes (Wonderful Idea) Kenny Blevins Jr is the cordinator of the programs so i would think you take it to the police station and ask him and thanks for your donation and support.
Abdul Jabar

Kilmarnock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Can the kids write tickets as well? That would be quite interesting as most reckless drivers drive recklessly around them...I think this would be a great opportunity for the kids to have a say in things...under supervision of course.

Since: May 08

Colonial Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Years ago there was an Police Explorer troop that many of the young men, and a few young women, were involved in.
summerlivingincb

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

The cadets were so cute at the 4th of july. The Young lady cadet working on the board walk and the young men They were very respectful and helpful. The young lady showed me and my husband where to park and go. This program is great.
summerlivingincb

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

And we Would definitly like to donate to this prgram.
Kenny Blevins Jr

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Judged:

I am Det. Kenny Blevisn Jr with the Colonial Beach Police Department.I would like to thank everyone for their comments on the cadet program. The young men and women of the program have worked very hard to get were they are. I started this program to give all teens the opprotunity that I had in Stafford County Sheriff Office, to be able to learn about law enforcement and what we do, grow within them selves, the community and within the department, give the young adults something to strive for and find something that they can beleive in and also people that beleive in them. I had the fortunate ability to start this program in the Colonial Beach Area and I hope with the help of the community we can assist in the development of the youth today. This group of young individuals are the best group of young adults i have had the pleasure of being in contact with. Myself and my advisors of the program thank all of you for the community's support and everything you have said and done for this program. For the ones who wish to make donations you can contact me at the police department and we can discuss how and what you can do. thank you again.
Just Asking

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

great idea !!!!!!
Supporter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Mr Blevins this is great for you to be able to get this going. And the other officer that are involved it helps the young stay off the street and learn what you all have to do to keep the streets clean. Keep doing what you are doing i think it is wonderful. Thanks
trying

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

I was a c adet in college and I loved the experience! As a side note, we couldn't write tickets, but we called dispatch when we noticed things that were deserving of a ticket, and they sent an officer. I am greatful that I had that experience, and i hope it is still here for my son when he is old enough!
Thisis4allhaters

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Blevins you are a great person for doing what you do and this goes for cheif and all the others.It would be wonderful if we had people donate to this cadet program aleast it would be used for the program. Unlike the School board So donate to the cadet Program and i hear there is a girl on it. Wonderful She might be the Challenger for the boys. Keep up the good work!
not new to cb

Topping, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

yes this is a good program keep up the GOOD work, do you have monthly meetings how do you keep track with cadets and what they are doing. i'm not complaining but i have seen a few not doing what they are out there for. (skate boarding in middle of st.)riding bike in middle also.. THIS is a good program KEEP up the good work, lets not mess this up we do need them, they are our eyes in the future
CB_TRAIN_WRECK

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2009

Judged:

Are they cadets gonna be doing more in the Summer.It would be nice to see them more working the board walk and other areas and helping out for the trash pickup. That would be a good credit for the cadets to help pick up trash around town.I think this program is great also having the Cadets.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Colonial Beach Forum right now

Search the Colonial Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Election 1 hr Babbit Ishkabibble 37
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 7 hr WTCSRET 13,005
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 7 hr WTCSRET 1,483
Teresa Davis Needs To Go 10 hr Maggie Reed Jones 5
Ms. Beane 15 hr bubba 9
Fracking 16 hr FrackOff 61
Colonial Beach Town Council passes 2015 budget 20 hr LOOK OUT 14
•••
•••