Food for thought - come election time...

Food for thought - come election time for council newbies

Posted in the Colonial Beach Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Food-E

King George, VA

#1 May 3, 2012
http://www.westmorelandnews.net/... taken from this article

Town Manager Valerie Foulds let the committee know that she had received a request from Mary Ann Day to lower the lease on 108 Taylor Street from $3,300 to $1,000 for the year. This request is due to “The Dawg House” mobile food truck being located next to the other building.

Tommy Edwards said,“We made a grave mistake putting places so close together” in reference to the town writing the permit for The Dawg House next door to the other building. Ham reminded the council that this is competition and that any business can have competition move in next door. He also reminded them that they couldn’t deny a permit because they believe there is too little business to share.

It was decided that this issue had to go to Town Attorney Andrea Erard as it is very likely the property would have to be rebid upon, instead of the council just allowing the reduction in price. Jim Chiarello stated, several times, that the hot dog stand should be paying the same as Maryann Day. This is even though the town owns the building the Day’s plan on leasing, while The Dawg House is a self-contained unit.
VETNAM 2

Annandale, VA

#2 May 3, 2012
Food-E wrote:
http://www.westmorelandnews.ne t/?p=1928 taken from this article
Town Manager Valerie Foulds let the committee know that she had received a request from Mary Ann Day to lower the lease on 108 Taylor Street from $3,300 to $1,000 for the year. This request is due to “The Dawg House” mobile food truck being located next to the other building.
Tommy Edwards said,“We made a grave mistake putting places so close together” in reference to the town writing the permit for The Dawg House next door to the other building. Ham reminded the council that this is competition and that any business can have competition move in next door. He also reminded them that they couldn’t deny a permit because they believe there is too little business to share.
It was decided that this issue had to go to Town Attorney Andrea Erard as it is very likely the property would have to be rebid upon, instead of the council just allowing the reduction in price. Jim Chiarello stated, several times, that the hot dog stand should be paying the same as Maryann Day. This is even though the town owns the building the Day’s plan on leasing, while The Dawg House is a self-contained unit.
In hindsight, sounds like the space at Rankin's might have been less complicated.
CB Lover

Upper Marlboro, MD

#3 May 3, 2012
VETNAM 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
In hindsight, sounds like the space at Rankin's might have been less complicated.
Another mess by the council....
uiop

King William, VA

#4 May 3, 2012
CB Lover wrote:
<quoted text>Another mess by the council....
ditto to both of the above
Doo Da Day

Gloucester, VA

#5 May 3, 2012
Time for a clean sweep. Including Blevins and Murphy.
The Dawg House

King George, VA

#6 May 3, 2012
I told my self that I was not going to let Topix get to me anymore but I will Defend my Self and My Business. After Rumors and seeing this again concerning my Company Name. I have tried several times to meet with other Vendors that will be Selling the Same thing so that we can compare pricing and all be on the same page. But as I can see nobody wants to but people want to use Topix to Express their Self I am a Man and please feel free to Talk to me anytime. As far the Building I will submit my Aplication for the Building too. And as Far as a Self Contained Unit I Paid $20,000 for it MR. Chiarello I rather pay $3,300.00. Also Question Mr Edwards what is the Difference in mine and the Building? You Allow High Tides and River Boat close together ? And I was Ran out of Rankins Shopping. I Thank all my Customers again for your Support. Come on down you will Always get a Smile at the DAWG HOUSE..
outsider

AOL

#7 May 4, 2012
Dawg house you brought up the High Tdes and the Riverboat. Remember the riverboat is authorized by Charles County Md. Colonial beach has no say on what they do Get your facts straight first
BOAT-R

King George, VA

#8 May 4, 2012
outsider wrote:
Dawg house you brought up the High Tdes and the Riverboat. Remember the riverboat is authorized by Charles County Md. Colonial beach has no say on what they do Get your facts straight first
Do the ones that come by car park in the river?
The Dawg House

King George, VA

#9 May 4, 2012
Mr Outsider

My Name is Rick Davis and yours ? I am just Stating a Fact I am open for Conversation at the Dawg House anytime on the Board Walk come on down and try a BBQ on me... Business is Business and Friends are Friends.
Observer

Urbanna, VA

#10 May 4, 2012
If you are afraid of competition you have a problem.
Food Bad? To expensive? Not customer friendly?
No varity?
If you have the best food at a good price, people will flock to you this summer. Customers and business will do a better job.
Food at the Riverboat and Tides are both bad and the prices are so high.
They make their money on booxe and beer. Not food.
So give me a good hot dog
Good luck to all of you trying to get a business gong in this economy.
John G

United States

#11 May 4, 2012
Put it up for rebid
I'll lease it for as high as $3500 just to give the Dawg House a fair shake. Hell I'll even let him use 108 Taylor Street for free as long as he maintains it and keeps his permits in good standings. Suck it Colonial Beach Town Council!
glenda

Warsaw, VA

#12 May 4, 2012
Where else in the united states could you lease boardwalk /waterfront property for only $3300 a year!!! Not a month, but a year!!!

Since: May 08

Colonial Beach, VA

#13 May 4, 2012
The Dawg House wrote:
As far the Building I will submit my Aplication for the Building too. And as Far as a Self Contained Unit I Paid $20,000 for it MR. Chiarello I rather pay $3,300.00.
At the meeting you stated 12,000 for the unit. I do not agree with Chiarello and you paying the same fee as you are not renting a building but a space. Nor do I agree with the Day's paying less than they already are.

There are a total of five spaces, on the boardwalk, for units like this according to Rummage, where else should The Dawg House go? It has permits in place and the spot is chosen. Competition is a good thing, y'all!
The Dawg House

King George, VA

#14 May 5, 2012
I will be putting in a Bid on 108 Taylor and call it the DAWG POUND. Thank you Mr. Chiarello and Mr Edwards for your Support.I see as I watched the Meeting on Tape very nice Business Friendly Council Members you are.(SMH) One has to be thinking I am a Elected and Business is Business and Friends are Friends.Does anyone know how I can contact Colonial Beach Finest ?. I was wondering if I could get them to do a Gig with the DAWG HOUSE.
Observer

Urbanna, VA

#15 May 5, 2012
Was Dog Pound the name of the Gang at the Beach a couple of years ago.??
Might want to get another name.
Rick Davis aka Dawg House

King George, VA

#16 May 5, 2012
Observer wrote:
Was Dog Pound the name of the Gang at the Beach a couple of years ago.??
Might want to get another name.
First of all if you know the History of Colonial Beach it was called Pound Property. I have been coming to this area for 40 years and have Lived in Colonial Beach for 15 years and have always supported everything with the Beach. Come on down and have a Dawg and Support the Youth of Colonial Beach.......

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#17 May 6, 2012
At no time in any reading, research or within hearing have I heard CB called Pound Property. CB was originally White Point Farm, even Cow Town. Beachgate came from the wooden gate; Luskey's Bottom [Third St. area]; Classic Shores; and 'The Point'.
The ONLY reference anywhere found pertaining to Pound Property ...are the 11 defendants who were members of a Colonial Beach gang called Pound Property [per the FBI]
Observer

Urbanna, VA

#18 May 6, 2012
Please go nack and read # 15. I asked a question.
You are over researched.
Simple question required a simple answer.

“We Should Worry!”

Since: Dec 08

Colonial Beach

#19 May 6, 2012
Observer wrote:
Please go nack and read # 15. I asked a question. You are over researched. Simple question required a simple answer.
I do believe this was directed to the following statement: "...First of all if you know the History of Colonial Beach it was called Pound Property...." NOT at your question. Jeebus Observer, you are NOT the only one in this thread, but, perhaps in your own head?
cbvirginian

King George, VA

#20 May 6, 2012
John G wrote:
Put it up for rebid
I'll lease it for as high as $3500 just to give the Dawg House a fair shake. Hell I'll even let him use 108 Taylor Street for free as long as he maintains it and keeps his permits in good standings. Suck it Colonial Beach Town Council!
Good idea, except as far as I can find, it wasn't put up for bid this year. Check the newspapers and let me know if I'm wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Five new restaurants coming to Colonial Beach! 13 hr Trumpet 4
Water Meters Wed wtcsret 3
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) Wed Princess Hey 6,516
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) Wed Princess Hey 17,963
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) Wed Princess Hey 5,636
Donald Trump needs to go to colonial Beach!!!! Mar 19 Trumpet 3
Dock side. Mar 18 Labron James 23 4

Colonial Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance