noclue

Midlothian, VA

#81 Feb 2, 2013
yea right wrote:
I still submit that Val can only do what council allows. That being said it doesn't appear that (1) they do their homework and information goes over their heads (2) information is not being provided and when they not asking the questions on What,when,why when issues come up,(3) they are satisfied with her performance. Or they are addressing the issues and not providing information to the public. It does seem all issues, ie, Police,Public Works, Staff, etc all have one center core that keeps coming forth (Val).
Wow! You should have run for council. But why you didn't because you just like to complain. You are one of the talkers and do nothing people! You should come to one of the meetings, but no you just want to complain and complain on topix. Get alife and go away! we are tired of you being part of the problem and not part of the solution. Get involved and do something just once, go to the meetings. Dead beat! You just bad mouth others without cause, and are not willing to do anything. Put in some real time to solve the problem you are talking about, get off your butt! Have a great day.
yea right

Colonial Beach, VA

#82 Feb 2, 2013
not sure where your coming from "NOCLUE" you must be to close to the issue. If you read I made a observation not a complaint. By the way I do go to the meetings and they seem to be trying to be more citizen friendly but there's only been one under the current council as a whole.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#83 Feb 2, 2013
noclue wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You should have run for council. But why you didn't because you just like to complain. You are one of the talkers and do nothing people! You should come to one of the meetings, but no you just want to complain and complain on topix. Get alife and go away! we are tired of you being part of the problem and not part of the solution. Get involved and do something just once, go to the meetings. Dead beat! You just bad mouth others without cause, and are not willing to do anything. Put in some real time to solve the problem you are talking about, get off your butt! Have a great day.
Noclue -- no disrespect, but clearly you have chosen an appropriate name for yourself. Until last month when the new council took over, this town has been more like the old Soviet Union than anything in the United States. A few lunatics ran the asylum and there was nothing anybody could or was willing to do about it. You had an abusive, angry mayor, an ethically challenged town lawyer, a town manager with too many faults to even start listing here, a police department with no regard for the US Constitution, a few department managers that consistently abused employees and lashed out at citizens. The old town council just sat back and watched. The few council members that wanted to do the right thing quickly realized that they were outnumbered and left. Hence the mass exodus and parade of appointed new members. When one council member, Jim Chiarello, proposed ethics reform, he was retaliated against by the ridiculous powers that were.

Are things finally changing? We will see. It can't happen quick enough. We need a clean sweep. Get rid of them all. Foulds, Erard, Yeagley, Tighe, Murphy, Seay, Mitchell, Davis. Only then can this town start to turn around.

“Time for a change.”

Since: Sep 12

Colonial Beach

#84 Feb 2, 2013
How entertaining! I can always look forward to an interesting posting on this site. Lets see if I got this right.

First of all, you can say I am as clueless as noclue. Who would have know those tanks with the red star on them, were Soviets. Guess I got confused because the solders were not carry weapons, but were armed with butterfly nets (better to catch those lunatics). Guess that explains why the former mayor was so angry. It is tough work being a totalitarian. which also goes a long way in explaining the problems with the town attorney and town manager. On top of all of that the town council not only sat back and watched, they jumped the wall, when the Boarder Guards were not watching. The only answer total elimination! All I can say is thank you for clearing that up for me.
Gotaclue

Midlothian, VA

#86 Feb 2, 2013
Clean Up Your Town wrote:
<quoted text>
Noclue -- no disrespect, but clearly you have chosen an appropriate name for yourself. Until last month when the new council took over, this town has been more like the old Soviet Union than anything in the United States. A few lunatics ran the asylum and there was nothing anybody could or was willing to do about it. You had an abusive, angry mayor, an ethically challenged town lawyer, a town manager with too many faults to even start listing here, a police department with no regard for the US Constitution, a few department managers that consistently abused employees and lashed out at citizens. The old town council just sat back and watched. The few council members that wanted to do the right thing quickly realized that they were outnumbered and left. Hence the mass exodus and parade of appointed new members. When one council member, Jim Chiarello, proposed ethics reform, he was retaliated against by the ridiculous powers that were.
Are things finally changing? We will see. It can't happen quick enough. We need a clean sweep. Get rid of them all. Foulds, Erard, Yeagley, Tighe, Murphy, Seay, Mitchell, Davis. Only then can this town start to turn around.
None taken. Just want to say this one more time. Nothing, nothing will get done by any thing said on topix, no action will be taken by anyone on topix. Prove me wrong... get involved. As the say you are either part of the problem or part of the solution. I see non solutions here, Just hot air....Again prove me wrong say something that will really make someone think!!!You all can be a positive player but your not. Just negative bull. Action action, Action... speeks louder then words...Let's see the action!!! An I pissing you all off yet! Good! Get off you butts! Get something done.
tistis

King George, VA

#92 Feb 5, 2013
omg...omg...what next!
green grass

Springfield, VA

#93 Feb 5, 2013
OMG....What happened?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#94 Feb 9, 2013
tistis wrote:
omg...omg...what next!
Can someone please enlighten us taxpayers about what's going on over there? I could care less about all the drama. I just want to know who's still drawing a paycheck out of my tax dollars and what they're doing to earn it. Who's managing public works? Who's been demoted but still getting paid? It seems like a 3 ring circus over there. Thanks.
Taxpayer

King George, VA

#95 Feb 9, 2013
Somebody overthere works, I saw several trucks and a backhoe on first street this afternoon fixing a water leak or something.
Beach guy

United States

#96 Feb 11, 2013
Clean Up Your Town wrote:
<quoted text>
Can someone please enlighten us taxpayers about what's going on over there? I could care less about all the drama. I just want to know who's still drawing a paycheck out of my tax dollars and what they're doing to earn it. Who's managing public works? Who's been demoted but still getting paid? It seems like a 3 ring circus over there. Thanks.
I heard jeans working for val now. Whats the story?
not sure

King George, VA

#97 Feb 11, 2013
Beach guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard jeans working for val now. Whats the story?
val put jean in "time out" so she can calm down til her meds kick in before she goes to court. she better send wanda and jim c. some roses for valentines day before her court date. if jose tells the truth in court about her physically grabbing that guy some time back, then she might as well sell her house and move to florida with tim payne. hopefully, the consultant will talk to EVERYONE at PW
the dawg

Alexandria, VA

#98 Feb 11, 2013
Where do I apply ?
Cowboy

Alexandria, VA

#99 Feb 11, 2013
not sure wrote:
<quoted text>
val put jean in "time out" so she can calm down til her meds kick in before she goes to court. she better send wanda and jim c. some roses for valentines day before her court date. if jose tells the truth in court about her physically grabbing that guy some time back, then she might as well sell her house and move to florida with tim payne. hopefully, the consultant will talk to EVERYONE at PW
So, who is Jose, and what happened, and what is the court date about?

“Time for a change.”

Colonial Beach

#100 Feb 11, 2013
Now might be the time to suggest to our new Council, and I may be behind the curve on my comments, because they are considering a change to the employee handbook, but they may want to add the following.

If an employee of Colonial Beach is arrested for any reason, they will be placed on administrative leave. If found guilty, they will be fired.

The only exception that I can think of is substance abuse, which is a medical issue and some allowance should be offered, with the condition, the employee seek counseling.
John G

Ashland, VA

#101 Feb 11, 2013
Bad Penny wrote:
The only exception that I can think of is substance abuse, which is a medical issue and some allowance should be offered, with the condition, the employee seek counseling.
Care to elaborate on why substance abuse gets a feee pass?

“Time for a change.”

Colonial Beach

#102 Feb 11, 2013
John G wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to elaborate on why substance abuse gets a feee pass?

Fair question. If it is medical, most organizations will allow some allowances, with conditions. Of course, we are talking first offense. An employee, that takes a second bite at that apple, should be dismissed. But I do understand the question. Most people work very hard on maintaining "good will", especially if you own a company or in this case, our fair town. All it takes is one lose cannon to reverse a lot of hard work.
Cowboy

Alexandria, VA

#103 Feb 11, 2013
Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, who is Jose, and what happened, and what is the court date about?
Yes, clueless is correct, so what happened?
not sure

King George, VA

#104 Feb 11, 2013
Bad Penny wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair question. If it is medical, most organizations will allow some allowances, with conditions. Of course, we are talking first offense. An employee, that takes a second bite at that apple, should be dismissed. But I do understand the question. Most people work very hard on maintaining "good will", especially if you own a company or in this case, our fair town. All it takes is one lose cannon to reverse a lot of hard work.
are you talking about legal prescriptions as well as illegal substances?
sad

Colonial Beach, VA

#105 Feb 11, 2013
Court date Feb 26, in Montross
Yeagley vs. Gordman
Check the docket.
Wowwy

Gloucester, VA

#106 Feb 11, 2013
sad wrote:
Court date Feb 26, in Montross
Yeagley vs. Gordman
Check the docket.
Holy Cow. You guys are unreal. You must watch to much TV. These charges are the Common Wealth against Gordman. Jeanne and Jose are 2 of the witnesses for the state. Before you make statements know how the law works. This is not a civil case it's a criminal charge CB police brought against Gordman for disorderly conduct. If your gonna state something get it right for god sake!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Eats in CB! 46 min Wildflower 29
Setting the record straight on some campaign is... 1 hr Nordberg 5
tipsa (Jan '14) 2 hr wtcsret 88
Election debates 5 hr seekbeauty 13
Kevin Stees for general election write-in 8 hr Interested 11
dockside 8 hr local 4
Wayne DiRosario 18 hr nothing to lose 11
Colonial Beach Dating
Find my Match

Colonial Beach Jobs