employee

King George, VA

#61 Jan 27, 2013
Woot Owl wrote:
Anyone standing on the outside reading this crap is clueless. The Public Works department is run as efficient as possible. They have to beg and struggle to get every dime to run that department. Only when the crap hits the fan do the powers really listen. There are and have been people in place that are really dedicated to the daily "get ur done" tasks that not only are taken for granted but are out of site and out of mind! You turn on your water, it flows. You flush your toilet and it goes somewhere....these are highly educated, professional personnel which everyone seems to think are being paid TOO much money. Take a look around folks! Don't forget the Refuse personnel! The PW employees in the Beach are some of the the lowest paid according to the surrounding salaries. Progress is being made and they remain due to their dedication. Don't forget, the PW is the heart of why Colonial Beach exists! Without these personnel, their talents and education, you wouldn't have a town! No water, No sewer....just close down the town and everyone move! How many days did they give the folks at the Beach Gate???
finally, something positive
Just saying

Bowling Green, VA

#62 Jan 28, 2013
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
rob complain and hide? Seriously? What does he complain about other than getting railroaded for things beyond his control. The incompetents are the women below him setting him up to fail, and the woman above him who has no clue how to run a town. The infrastructure you brought up, do you even know what that consists of? Probably not. This town is in much better shape now that the new guys have teamed up, under robs supervision, and have slowly brought this town back from the mess the no count drug addict that used to "maintain" the infrustructure. Just because you don't see things happening doesn't mean things aren't getting done. The women, who jump up and down screaming "look at me" are the ones who need to be reprimanded or let go for running the town and wastewater plant into ground
Holy cow. You must be smoking crack!!! The reason one of those managers was hired was because Rob couldn't or wouldn't do his job!!! The beach front NOW looks better and things are getting done CORRECTLY!!! Agreed. Some folks can't make the grade and need to GO!!! I walk the beach every day. I know who's out there at 8 am. And it ain't ROB!!!
rob hater

Urbanna, VA

#63 Jan 28, 2013
i heard rob was given bjs at the eagles also ask cliff foster
The Problem

Saluda, VA

#64 Jan 28, 2013
The main problem has been Val Foulds and Her closed door policy any employee that has a suggestion or complaint gets thrown under the bus.She has no knowledge of WWTP and Public works operations and how to oversee them.She claims to want to build a team but has alienated the employees and continues to manage with a strong arm style anarcky mentality.There also is a spoken claim by the woman in charge that it is a womens world and get use to it.Val has had the Town employee handbook redone by Andrea and in it it states that the Town Manager can over ride any part of it.She also creates new job positions and salaries without Councils approval. There are too many managers in the public works building and no command structure.
ggg

King George, VA

#65 Jan 28, 2013
rob hater wrote:
why do you hate rob so much?
Nuts

Saluda, VA

#66 Jan 28, 2013
ggg wrote:
<quoted text> why do you hate rob so much?
Because he deserves it. Spineless, only worried about himself.
Staffer

Saluda, VA

#67 Jan 31, 2013
So did all town employees have to sign away all their rights with the new disciplinary policy, or just those at public works? Did council approve this action? What I do after hours is nobody business.
Beach Goddess

Warsaw, VA

#68 Jan 31, 2013
What policy is that, Staffer? Do you have a copy of it? I'm sure we'd all like to see it.(seriously, if you have a copy post it.)
employee

King George, VA

#69 Jan 31, 2013
Beach Goddess wrote:
What policy is that, Staffer? Do you have a copy of it? I'm sure we'd all like to see it.(seriously, if you have a copy post it.)
instead of posting it, take it to town hall and ask val if she is aware of it
Staffer

Saluda, VA

#70 Jan 31, 2013
Beach Goddess wrote:
I'm told that one staff member took it to a council member, who had never seen it before. Trying to get more details.
Town crier

King George, VA

#71 Jan 31, 2013
Staffer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm told that one staff member took it to a council member, who had never seen it before. Trying to get more details.
Why just one? Which one?
Staffer

King William, VA

#72 Feb 1, 2013
Not sure how to post since I just have a printed copy. It's nearly 3 pages long.
Clyde

King George, VA

#73 Feb 1, 2013
Staffer wrote:
Not sure how to post since I just have a printed copy. It's nearly 3 pages long.
Scan it and send it to your email address, then you can send it anywhere.
no way

Reisterstown, MD

#74 Feb 1, 2013
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow. You must be smoking crack!!! The reason one of those managers was hired was because Rob couldn't or wouldn't do his job!!! The beach front NOW looks better and things are getting done CORRECTLY!!! Agreed. Some folks can't make the grade and need to GO!!! I walk the beach every day. I know who's out there at 8 am. And it ain't ROB!!!
nope, no crack for me. The original plan for the "new manager" might have been because of rob, but that has changed over time. I agree she has done some nice work around town, but at the expense of abuse towards her employees. Now, I hear she assaulted a citizen, physically put her hands on someone who just used the public restroom, after she cleaned it. A town employee was there who witnessed her putting her hands on this citizen. Unacceptable, in my opinion
think

Reisterstown, MD

#75 Feb 1, 2013
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, no crack for me. The original plan for the "new manager" might have been because of rob, but that has changed over time. I agree she has done some nice work around town, but at the expense of abuse towards her employees. Now, I hear she assaulted a citizen, physically put her hands on someone who just used the public restroom, after she cleaned it. A town employee was there who witnessed her putting her hands on this citizen. Unacceptable, in my opinion
if you want that employee to talk, try bribing him with a taco
Silly me

Colonial Beach, VA

#76 Feb 1, 2013
rob hater wrote:
ask cliff foster WHAT ??
4real

King George, VA

#77 Feb 1, 2013
employee wrote:
<quoted text>
instead of posting it, take it to town hall and ask val if she is aware of it
why not send a copy to all council members I'm sure each would like to see what you have.
More Money tossed

Saluda, VA

#78 Feb 2, 2013
4real wrote:
<quoted text>
why not send a copy to all council members I'm sure each would like to see what you have.
Val likes to operate in secrecy.That allows Her to apply Her unethical,untruthful,backhande d and just plain wrong and unfair style of treatment to employees so She can make Her $100.000 plus salary as easy as possible without Council knowlede or oversite.She has the Town Lawyer in Her pocket to rewrite the Handbook and if anyone has seen it lately they would see that She can override everything in the employee handbook.She also creates jobs without Council approval.Employees do not had approved job discriptions or a manual with fair and equal guidelines.Val has become or has always been hateful and vandictive towards Council,Employees and Citizens.Time for a change from Managers to Dept heads and get the salarys in line with the job and not what local areas are getting.The Town is not comparible to them.Their is only a small area and one Wastewater plant and water system to direct.Why so many hi paid managers and depatment heads?
yea right

Tappahannock, VA

#79 Feb 2, 2013
I still submit that Val can only do what council allows. That being said it doesn't appear that (1) they do their homework and information goes over their heads (2) information is not being provided and when they not asking the questions on What,when,why when issues come up, (3) they are satisfied with her performance. Or they are addressing the issues and not providing information to the public. It does seem all issues, ie, Police,Public Works, Staff, etc all have one center core that keeps coming forth (Val).
Rejoice

King George, VA

#80 Feb 2, 2013
yea right wrote:
I still submit that Val can only do what council allows. That being said it doesn't appear that (1) they do their homework and information goes over their heads (2) information is not being provided and when they not asking the questions on What,when,why when issues come up,(3) they are satisfied with her performance. Or they are addressing the issues and not providing information to the public. It does seem all issues, ie, Police,Public Works, Staff, etc all have one center core that keeps coming forth (Val).
Very astute observation. They are not stupid...anymore. Give them time and have faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z: names of music artists (Apr '14) 1 hr Honest Babe 802
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Honest Babe 4,859
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 1 hr Honest Babe 17,186
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 1 hr Honest Babe 5,374
Now that Rob Murphy is arrested with a dui who ... 5 hr cbcc249 32
Getting married (Nov '15) 7 hr Maverick 808 17
paris cowboy =music (Apr '14) 9 hr Honest Babe 763

Colonial Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance