High Tides Owners and Investors

Posted in the Colonial Beach Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sound Detective

King George, VA

#1 Sep 1, 2012
They have been giving everything to them for a over priced resteruant and trashy bar. Now they want nobody infront of thier Hut.

If you want to talk about Ordinance how about you turn your Music way down because I am sure the Decibels are more than town allows so I will be checking and turning you into the Policia.

Make sure your music is down to the Ordinance that town allows and move your travel trailer away from board walk who's pocket did you feed for that ?

Can you please do something with the trash I as I walk my daily route I see all the west va state birds hanging arround looks awful I dont know if its your food or your patrons pissing in parking lot or good be the shop next to you.
drifter who

Ardsley, NY

#2 Sep 1, 2012
Sound Detective wrote:
They have been giving everything to them for a over priced resteruant and trashy bar. Now they want nobody infront of thier Hut.
If you want to talk about Ordinance how about you turn your Music way down because I am sure the Decibels are more than town allows so I will be checking and turning you into the Policia.
Make sure your music is down to the Ordinance that town allows and move your travel trailer away from board walk who's pocket did you feed for that ?
Can you please do something with the trash I as I walk my daily route I see all the west va state birds hanging arround looks awful I dont know if its your food or your patrons pissing in parking lot or good be the shop next to you.
Yea right the police will not do nothing about noise from high tides where are they goning to eat for free.Double standards town come on Val fair is fair...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Sep 1, 2012
I think High Tides has been good for the town. There is always a big crowd, and whenever I go there, I feel that at the very least, I'm in a "beach" setting. Go to any other place, OC or VA Beach, and the same barfly's will be around. Having said that, the idea of "no tresspassing" is incredibly stupid. How do you enforce it? Do ou park an officer there during times of music playing? Ain't gonna happen. It is the price you pay for having live music in front of a public beach.
drifter who

Ardsley, NY

#4 Sep 1, 2012
smartassofficial wrote:
I think High Tides has been good for the town. There is always a big crowd, and whenever I go there, I feel that at the very least, I'm in a "beach" setting. Go to any other place, OC or VA Beach, and the same barfly's will be around. Having said that, the idea of "no tresspassing" is incredibly stupid. How do you enforce it? Do ou park an officer there during times of music playing? Ain't gonna happen. It is the price you pay for having live music in front of a public beach.
I am just saying brain and vicky cry and this down jumps.
Tom Flanagan did more for this town then anyone and they always gave him hard time. Brain and Vicky dont even pay tax on thier cars.

I hope everyone just stands out front and moons them ( blue moon )
Low Tide

Newport News, VA

#6 Sep 1, 2012
I think the beach shop is selling the owner the weed pipes they sell in there because they're definitely smoking something
Low Tide

Newport News, VA

#7 Sep 1, 2012
One ladt thing the disco music coming from the yellow trailer and the moans and soinds of.skinn slapping should be addressed as well
Wake Up

Gloucester, VA

#8 Sep 1, 2012
Low Tide wrote:
One ladt thing the disco music coming from the yellow trailer and the moans and soinds of.skinn slapping should be addressed as well
Music and loud trailers are what made this place the plaground of the Potomac.By the way where is this trailer,I might join in.
Low Tide

Washington, DC

#9 Sep 1, 2012
U can probably get a free sno job if u catch my drift
Tides

Wicomico, VA

#10 Sep 2, 2012
HighTides and the Tiki Bar bring lots of folks to the boardwalk which is terrific. Have been there many times myself. I will say many of the bands are too loud and as for the owners trying to stop people from "loitering" in front of their establishment is total nonsense. The owners knew they were building inches from the boardwalk; there are many benches for people to sit/relax and gaze out over the water, or, "people watch" along the front. Next we will have property owners along Irving Avenue saying they don't want visitors "loitering" on the sand in front of their homes because the owners pay real estate taxes and feel they have claim to the view - and beyond. Let's get real people.
disgusted with dese fools

King George, VA

#11 Sep 2, 2012
I notice that no one is complaining about the world class music they can see and hear for free - Johnny Winter, The Embers, The Tams, The Derailers, Bill Kirchen. And you don't hear the High Tides' owners complaining that those watching outside the venue refuse to donate to the charity which so many of these shows are put on to support!
OMG

Tappahannock, VA

#12 Sep 2, 2012
disgustThed with dese fools wrote:
I notice that no one is complaining about the world class music they can see and hear for free - Johnny Winter, The Embers, The Tams, The Derailers, Bill Kirchen. And you don't hear the High Tides' owners complaining that those watching outside the venue refuse to donate to the charity which so many of these shows are put on to support!
That's why this whole thing has started. High Tides is upset about people on a PUBLIC BEACH listening to music for free. The PUBLIC BEACH was here first. Move High tides. What a joke!!!!
John G

Gloucester, VA

#13 Sep 2, 2012
OMG

Colonial Beach, VA

#14 Sep 2, 2012
Ihave a great idea. Lets build an outdoor Tiki Bar at the end f the runway. Then we can complain about the noise from the planes, and get them all moved to Baltimore or Washington, while w are playing live music.
If you run them off the Boardwalk, just how far will the no loitering ban go. Until you cant hear any musis.
Their money is made on booze not food. If you are not drinking you should go home.
Stoneyknoll

King George, VA

#15 Sep 2, 2012
I heard the Coffmans want the Condo owners to put black plastic over their windows when they have music playing. Everyone in a five block area has to pay the cover charge or move away! What a f......joke!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16 Sep 2, 2012
Are you kidding me? These people already jack their drink prices up at weekends, now this! I guess they have the money to buy the votes on the town council, so they can keep us riff raff away from their mediocre establishment.
Jack

King George, VA

#17 Sep 2, 2012
Coffman's go back to Maryland. Take your "No Loithering" with you, along with your Harley and your wife's Mustang.
John G

Gloucester, VA

#18 Sep 2, 2012
Can we stay on topic and discuss the loitering ordinance instead of what Topix has become, if you don't know what Topix has become read this thread.

I'll start
http://libertarianrock.com/1999/06/supreme-co...

Leal v. Town of Cicero, 2000 WL 343232 (N.D. Ill. 2000).
The plaintiff was arrested for violating a Cicero ordinance prohibiting loitering on a street corner after a police officer has made a request that the individual move on. The officer had observed the plaintiff doing no more than remaining in a certain area for a short period of time. The plaintiff challenged the ordinance on vagueness grounds, and the court agreed that the law was unconstitutionally vague. The fact that the ordinance made the police officerÂ’s request to move on the basis for any potential arrest, as opposed to the loitering per se, did not save it from constitutional scrutiny. As in City of Chicago v. Morales, 527 U.S. 41 (1999), if the loitering is harmless or justified, then the dispersal order itself is an unjustified impairment of liberty. Additionally, the ordinance invited uneven police enforcement, as it contained no guidelines for the exercise of official discretion.

King George, VA

#19 Sep 2, 2012
Jack wrote:
Coffman's go back to Maryland. Take your "No Loithering" with you, along with your Harley and your wife's Mustang.
Dat's right, Jack, say it on here. Don't say it to Bryan's face. He'd remove yours in less time than it takes to type this ... What a coward you are!

King George, VA

#20 Sep 2, 2012
cbtrailer wrote:
Are you kidding me? These people already jack their drink prices up at weekends, now this! I guess they have the money to buy the votes on the town council, so they can keep us riff raff away from their mediocre establishment.
What you doin' down dere by de Coffman's? Thought you was at the library checking out all dem CDs and DVDs?
jrc1

Washington, DC

#21 Sep 3, 2012
If they are so concerned about loiterers hanging out in front of their establishment and want police help to disburse the non-payers, I think they should be concerned about something called a Noise Ordinance! Why isn't that being addressed? You can't have it both ways but I forgot - we are talking about Colonial Beach aren't we? Guess money talks. At least for some people....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 12 hr _FLATLINE-------- 4,240
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 12 hr _FLATLINE-------- 16,561
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 14 hr Honest Babe 4,760
A to Z: names of cities, towns, states, places ... (Apr '14) 14 hr Honest Babe 53
A to Z of Cars/Car Parts (Apr '14) 14 hr Honest Babe 438
A to Z: names of music artists (Apr '14) 14 hr Honest Babe 518
A to Z of song titles (Apr '14) 14 hr Honest Babe 463
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colonial Beach Mortgages