First Prev
of 2
Next Last
beach boy

AOL

#1 Nov 10, 2012
Rumor has it that the new council is going to get rid of the Blevins and the rest of the PD, along with the town MGR and get Hawkins back in town with a satelite station for Westmoreland Sheriff Dept. That would be the best thing for our town.
John W

Callao, VA

#2 Nov 10, 2012
That is a Great Rumor, I LIKE vAL,. But I sure do wish it was true about the Blevins Bosys

Since: Jul 12

Midlothian, VA

#3 Nov 10, 2012
Wow. What's the reasoning behind such a drastic move?
Taurus

Newport News, VA

#4 Nov 10, 2012
If the new Council has met and decided to make these changes, they have already broken the law and will be thrown out before they begin. Rumor has it that rumors keep us informed in CB.
sad

King George, VA

#5 Nov 10, 2012
beach boy wrote:
Rumor has it that the new council is going to get rid of the Blevins and the rest of the PD, along with the town MGR and get Hawkins back in town with a satelite station for Westmoreland Sheriff Dept. That would be the best thing for our town.
top had they would have to go to court to get rid of the Pd it would be a lot easier just to get rid of blevins
steve kennedy

Hanover, VA

#6 Nov 10, 2012
Did egomaniac Steve K start the rumor?
Connie R

Hanover, VA

#7 Nov 10, 2012
sad wrote:
<quoted text>top had they would have to go to court to get rid of the Pd it would be a lot easier just to get rid of blevins
We simply cannot afford nor do we need Val. She is not good for the town. The Blevins boys on the other hand are a joke
Question

Hanover, VA

#8 Nov 10, 2012
Can we give this type of talk a rest Stop projecting. Pay attention.
cbfromhere

Gloucester, VA

#9 Nov 11, 2012
I still have a hard time with "The New Council". They are all the same except for Rummage/Lyburn, add Goforth. So 5 remain which would indicate they didn't have a majority is the outcome. Ham has indicated it would take legislation to change the Charter, but if you read the Carter it States "The Town MAY HAVE a Police Department headed by a Chief..."
Easy money

Saluda, VA

#10 Nov 11, 2012
How hard is it two be a police officer in Colonial Beach?Easy sit in Leados pizza at the start of your job at tax payers expence.Not have to be invould in the Tri County task force.Drive your car home at taxpayer expeince.Set speed traps on a road less than 1 mile long through town.Half to show up at less than 5 clubs at nite time.Call Westmoreland Sheriffs Dept when a real crime happens.Have no community inmate service programs to oversee.All in a Town with one way out and in.
Citizen

Fredericksburg, VA

#11 Nov 12, 2012
Why all the hate for CBPD?
How do the tax payers pay for the officers food?
I'm glad we are not involved with the Tri-County task force...It seems they make the arrest and people walk free......However if you look at the arrest records in Genral District Court CBPD Has 50% more DRUG convictions that Westmoreland.....CONVICTIONS NOT ARRESTS.....
You talk badly about the Blevins? However compare Hawkins stats to the current cheif.......Let me know what you find....The Lt is a saleried employee that works well over 80 hours per week....Has over 14 years of Law enforcemnent experiance. I sleep safetly at night knowing that the CBPD is out.
This will know doubt fall on deaf ears.....But I feel that the Colonial Beach Police Department NOW is the best it has ever been.
I will not address Mr. Kenndy as I am sure he will not get elected. However beeing in the last meeting was an eye opener for me. I lost all respect for him.
I can not speak to officers taking home cars or where they live as I have no direct knowledege of this however it is not a topic for topix. If you feel there has been a missapropriation of funds start an investigation....... You will find nothing.But you have that right.
However let me leave you with this thought....
every member of the Colonial Beach Police Department works for far less that the state average police officer pay approx 30% less but they put on the uniform and go out and put thier life on the line for the citizens of Colonial Beach each and every day....You could pay me no amount of money to do what they do so I will not sit here and judge not one of them...for I have not walked a mile in thier shoes.
Shame on those who talk of corruption or missdoings and do not have the proff to bring a case against anyone. for if you did it would not be the trash you talk but we would read about the court case and the aftermath.
Thank you Cheif Blevins
All the Full Time Officers
All the Auxillary Officers
All the Dispatchers
And may god bless you and keep you safe.
perplexed

King George, VA

#12 Nov 12, 2012
Citizen wrote:
I'm glad we are not involved with the Tri-County task force...It seems they make the arrest and people walk free......However if you look at the arrest records in Genral District Court CBPD Has 50% more DRUG convictions that Westmoreland.....CONVICTIONS NOT ARRESTS.....
You talk badly about the Blevins? However compare Hawkins stats to the current cheif.......Let me know what you find....The Lt is a saleried employee that works well over 80 hours per week....Has over 14 years of Law enforcemnent experiance. I sleep safetly at night knowing that the CBPD is out.
This will know doubt fall on deaf ears.....But I feel that the Colonial Beach Police Department NOW is the best it has ever been.
I will not address Mr. Kenndy as I am sure he will not get elected. However beeing in the last meeting was an eye opener for me. I lost all respect for him.
I can not speak to officers taking home cars or where they live as I have no direct knowledege of this however it is not a topic for topix. If you feel there has been a missapropriation of funds start an investigation....... You will find nothing.But you have that right.
every member of the Colonial Beach Police Department works for far less that the state average police officer pay approx 30% less but they put on the uniform and go out and put thier life on the line for the citizens of Colonial Beach each and every day....You could pay me no amount of money to do what they do so I will not sit here and judge not one of them...for I have not walked a mile in thier shoes.
Shame on those who talk of corruption or missdoings and do not have the proff to bring a case against anyone. for if you did it would not be the trash you talk but we would read about the court case and the aftermath.
Thank you Cheif Blevins
All the Dispatchers
I absolutely agree with you. Thank you for writing this.
Nancy Jo

Orange, VA

#13 Nov 13, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Thank you Cheif Blevins
All the Dispatchers
Thank you so much for your input. You said everything that needed to be said. God Bless each and everyone of the CBPD and Bless you too for having the courage to express your thoughts.
Jay J

Clearwater, FL

#14 Nov 13, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Thank you Cheif Blevins
All the Dispatchers
Well Said -- Concur

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#15 Nov 13, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Thank you Cheif Blevins
All the Dispatchers
You and all of these people patting your back are ridiculous. Let me tell you this. A police department that acts as if the United States Constitution doesn't apply to them is a bad and scary thing. I'll take Chris Hawkins back any day. So will all of those people that pleaded for him to come back when he left in 2010. As far as the 30% lower pay our guys receive, here's the deal. You get what you pay for, and you deserve exactly what you get.
the truth is

Derwood, MD

#16 Nov 13, 2012
Clean Up Your Town wrote:
<quoted text>
You and all of these people patting your back are ridiculous. Let me tell you this. A police department that acts as if the United States Constitution doesn't apply to them is a bad and scary thing. I'll take Chris Hawkins back any day. So will all of those people that pleaded for him to come back when he left in 2010. As far as the 30% lower pay our guys receive, here's the deal. You get what you pay for, and you deserve exactly what you get.
Please enlighten us with your vast intelligence on this matter. Since you have the most knowledge on the inner workings of the police department, how does the police department acts as if the U.S. CONSTITUTION does not apply to them. You would think that with an accusation like that there would be an Article 1983 filed against toe police department or the officers. Apparently not! You need to keep you uneducated guesses and accusation to your self. The only one that this is making look ignorantly is YOU.
John G

King George, VA

#17 Nov 13, 2012
http://www.journalpress.com/index.php/colonia...

If you have 6 Officers that live outside this town...5 out of 6 further than 12 miles away, then I say the CB Police wages are doing just fine...In fact, the Police pays so well, People are willing to come from OUTSIDE this Town in search of employment.

Not like they were drafted into the CBPD to begin with. They don't like their wages, don't take the job. When no one wants to become CBPD then the wages are too low. Law Enforcement was never intended to become an Industry.

When no one takes the job, the number of Police decrease. When the crime rates increase because of lack of Police force, then the Citizens tend to be willing to pay more for your services.

perplexed

King George, VA

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Clean Up Your Town wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let us know what it is that you think that they do so wrong. Don't put don't what you heard, or what you think happened, let's try some facts for once.
Just Saying

King George, VA

#19 Nov 13, 2012
Who ever you are that writes such a bright picture of the Police Dept can only be a member or very close person to such people employed by the Dept. Cause if you knew anything about law enforcement you would have read the stories in the papers or just go to the court and hear the stories. This so called Police Dept is the joke of the entire law enforcement community from as far north to way down south. You do not have a leg to stand on to say otherwise.If you know so many facts then first start with how many people employed have ever been dismissed from other Depts. From top to bottom this would be true. If you can not get a job in law enforcement then surely CBPD will give you a shot. This is not to say there are a couple of people working that are good people. If you spent anytime in Court you would also see how many times the Judge has to instruct the officers in what NOT to bring as charges in the Court.They would love to think they have more drug cases in the Courts than the task force or convictions. They depend on the folks caught with a pipe or small amount in their pockets when arrested for drinking offenses. They do not reach out to the big ones who really put the drugs on the street like the task force has done. SO get over the thought that all is so well as you stated cause they are not.Enough said !
perplexed

Roanoke, VA

#20 Nov 14, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Who ever you are that writes such a bright picture of the Police Dept can only be a member or very close person to such people employed by the Dept. Cause if you knew anything about law enforcement you would have read the stories in the papers or just go to the court and hear the stories. This so called Police Dept is the joke of the entire law enforcement community from as far north to way down south. You do not have a leg to stand on to say otherwise.If you know so many facts then first start with how many people employed have ever been dismissed from other Depts. From top to bottom this would be true. If you can not get a job in law enforcement then surely CBPD will give you a shot. This is not to say there are a couple of people working that are good people. If you spent anytime in Court you would also see how many times the Judge has to instruct the officers in what NOT to bring as charges in the Court.They would love to think they have more drug cases in the Courts than the task force or convictions. They depend on the folks caught with a pipe or small amount in their pockets when arrested for drinking offenses. They do not reach out to the big ones who really put the drugs on the street like the task force has done. SO get over the thought that all is so well as you stated cause they are not.Enough said !
I go to court on a regular basis for my job. I sit and listen to the cases that cbpd and wcso put on. I have never heard the judge tell any of them what cases they should not bring charges on, the judge always has the officers backs. If you know so much about who has been fired from other departments, where do you get that information. That is personel related and is not open to the public. So either you are guessing or you are getting info from someone who works in the pd, which is against the Privacy Act. The task force does a good job, I have nothing bad to say about them. But, that is what they do, drug enforcement only. They don't ride the streets and do other criminal cases. Even if the drug cases that cbpd does are small, they are still drug cases. Alot of information can be sought through those small cases. All drug cases are good. I still haven't seen any facts about what the cbpd does so wrong. It is still about paper articles and rumors. When you have to call the police for something, you will be glad when they arrive. I know I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Personal property tax (Feb '15) Tue Bay Ave 50
Real news Nov 18 Change 1
Bullying in CB on Social Media Nov 17 Change 7
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) Nov 16 Princess Hey 6,594
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) Nov 16 Princess Hey 5,659
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) Nov 16 Princess Hey 18,003
cb 2017 election results Nov 15 GwapGang 3

Colonial Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance