First Prev
of 10
Next Last
fat boy

United States

#1 Oct 9, 2008
Is it just me or is the owner mean? I have seen the way he talks to his employees and I think it is shameful. He has good food but he is very, very grumpy. Not very well groomed either I might add.
Commodore Hieyeq

Arlington, VA

#2 Oct 9, 2008
Indeed a grump and once commented upon the Commodore's lovely lady. The comments were quite positive however but unfortunatly to a third party in CB. So not only is he a grump but a gossip. Only you the reader can dicide which is worse.

However grump, mean or poorly groomed he made a fine addition to our town. His sandwiches simply dance upon the palate and are epicurean gastro-masterpieces.
nightwatcher

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2008
Ive only ate in there once and he was VERY NICE and VERY POLITE to me and my family and I must say he has turned that small restaraunt into a booming business its great ..... and one more thing maybe when you think he is being mean to his employee's he may just be being a BOSS/OWNER and trying to straighten out people messing up or goofing around i mean you dont' really think he just yells at them for no reason do you ?
CB concerned citizan

Alexandria, VA

#4 Oct 9, 2008
You've got to be kidding. He's one of the most obnoxious, self centered, mean, egotistical,(you fill in the blank) that I have ever met. Earlier in the year when the Fire Dept parade was going to happen, he put if a restriction on parking in the lot across the street, When asked why he did this, his reply was "I maintain that lot and the owner has given me permission to do what I want with it and I'm charging to park there ($5)." When told that carts have parked there for the past several years and he said "Well that's how it going to be" in a very angry tone. What he didn't know that we were going to buy several sandwiches from him and then park. He just cut his nose off to spite his face. But now I WILL NEVER EVER DARKEN HIS DOOR AGAIN.
nightwatcher

United States

#5 Oct 9, 2008
sorry to hear that like i said ive only come into contact with hime once and he seemsed polite and nice to me and my family but I am starting to see the view from the other side now

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 9, 2008
see? i am not the only one who won't go to fat freda's. he is not nice and smells. how can you eat there if he himself stinks? to me, that means he probably doesn't wash his hands. and for yelling at his employees, he does treat them bad with verbal abuse. who wants to eat at a place that can't even treat his people right? they're the reason he even has customers! their hard work!
nightwatcher

United States

#7 Oct 10, 2008
well he does ALOT of business so some people must not have a problem with him he always has a crowd outside dancing away on the weekends so obviously some like to go there thats all im saying if we want to nit pick around well then Im sure I could say something bad about EVERY business in this town but I wont go there if you look for problems your gonna find them riverboat , dockside , hunan , happy clam , high tides you think they are all perfect ?! ha far from it ......
Pamela

United States

#8 Oct 10, 2008
wrinkles wrote:
see? i am not the only one who won't go to fat freda's. he is not nice and smells. how can you eat there if he himself stinks? to me, that means he probably doesn't wash his hands. and for yelling at his employees, he does treat them bad with verbal abuse. who wants to eat at a place that can't even treat his people right? they're the reason he even has customers! their hard work!
If I am not mistaken he was taken to court for physically abusing one of his employees. He is very very mean.
not new to cb

King William, VA

#9 Oct 10, 2008
ref tp nightwatcher....

you said it right daning away OUTSIDE
Clark Kent

AOL

#10 Oct 10, 2008
Fat Boy, what point are you trying to make? Seems to me that you and the bandwagon are either jealous of his prosperity or have no life yourselves.

What if you had a business in some town and someone hiding behind a computer screen said unflattering things about you and your business?

I visit your town every month in a half or so and while I don't know many in town, he has been very gracious when the family stops in to grab a bite.

You beat up on anyone, from the town manager, to folks for their fences, to dogs, golf carts, etc.

You all want your town to be warm and inviting...?
Take a good look in the mirror sometime. Treat others how you would want them treat you.

Get a life will ya!

Clark
Golf Carts

King George, VA

#11 Oct 10, 2008
CB concerned citizan wrote:
You've got to be kidding. He's one of the most obnoxious, self centered, mean, egotistical,(you fill in the blank) that I have ever met. Earlier in the year when the Fire Dept parade was going to happen, he put if a restriction on parking in the lot across the street, When asked why he did this, his reply was "I maintain that lot and the owner has given me permission to do what I want with it and I'm charging to park there ($5)." When told that carts have parked there for the past several years and he said "Well that's how it going to be" in a very angry tone. What he didn't know that we were going to buy several sandwiches from him and then park. He just cut his nose off to spite his face. But now I WILL NEVER EVER DARKEN HIS DOOR AGAIN.
I don't blame him. The golf carts can be annoying. If he maintains the lot, then it's his right to block it off... especially if you've been parking there for "years" without permission. I'm sure you hurt his feelings--not buying his sandwiches that day.
Great Sammies

AOL

#12 Oct 11, 2008
Bud is always a gracious, welcoming owner when we go there. We stop there usually every weekend with sometimes a large group of people and always get excellent service! The food is always great! Bud is not a mean person, he just tells it like it is!
not new to cb

King William, VA

#13 Oct 11, 2008
was all that music today from fat freda's??? sound like a bunch of drunks to me from i sat.
Pay your taxes

King George, VA

#14 Oct 11, 2008
I`ve heard Fat Freda pays his employees under the table! If that is the case he is screwing the Federal Government and The State out of tax revenue. If he runs that type of business, I`d be willing to bet that he is cheating our town out of the meals tax he collects too. Does the town audit these taxes? Karen, Steve any comments?
Karen Payne

Urbanna, VA

#15 Oct 11, 2008
This is the first I have that charge. I am forwarding your question to the Town Clerk, who handles Business Licenses. Thanks for your input!

Karen
not new to cb

King William, VA

#16 Oct 12, 2008
i see he caters to town employees a whole lot even town counsel people so dig deep, i don't think he does tho he has a bookkeeper that i know of and wouldn't they caught it by now?? he does alot of hard work for this town and still trying
Steve Kennedy

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#17 Oct 12, 2008
Pay your taxes wrote:
I`ve heard Fat Freda pays his employees under the table! If that is the case he is screwing the Federal Government and The State out of tax revenue. If he runs that type of business, I`d be willing to bet that he is cheating our town out of the meals tax he collects too. Does the town audit these taxes? Karen, Steve any comments?
Anyone who knows me knows I eat lunch at Fat Fredda's quite often,the same way others like Lenny's or Ola's. I have no knowledge of how he pays his employees and I have never had a reason to ask, anymore then I would in any other Restaurant.This could be a rumor started by a disgruntled former employee for all I know
sunflower

Urbanna, VA

#18 Oct 12, 2008
Steve Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who knows me knows I eat lunch at Fat Fredda's quite often,the same way others like Lenny's or Ola's. I have no knowledge of how he pays his employees and I have never had a reason to ask, anymore then I would in any other Restaurant.This could be a rumor started by a disgruntled former employee for all I know
with the state of our economy and with the complete break down of our elected officials, city,state,and country how could anyone expect any of you to know anything.,
but with the down turn in revenue from taxes collected I would say it wont be long before everyone is checked to be sure all are paying their taxes.
Steve Kennedy

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#19 Oct 12, 2008
sunflower wrote:
<quoted text>
with the state of our economy and with the complete break down of our elected officials, city,state,and country how could anyone expect any of you to know anything.,
but with the down turn in revenue from taxes collected I would say it wont be long before everyone is checked to be sure all are paying their taxes.
I am not sure how to take your comment,as for knowing everything, I don't and don't claim to. I guess if there is not some degree of trust in what people are doing is the right and honest thing,then we are destined to turn into a Police State where everyone will be under suspect. Not really how I want to live. If there are people that have concrete evidence that someone is doing something wrong then the proper authority needs to investigate
beachgirl

King George, VA

#20 Oct 12, 2008
The noise you heard yesterday was Fat Freda's celebrating their first year or maybe second of being in business. They offered free chilli dogs or bowls of chilli, and everyone that went had an excellent time. It was a nice way to spend time seeing old friends and listening to some fun music. Why would anyone think he is not paying his taxes. Just rediculous. Stop spreading rumors and try and be a positive citizen of our great little town, bad roads and all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened to the lil town i loved?? 1 hr Beach lover 7
Good Eats in CB! 4 hr big tow 25
Mold in town hall 12 hr Pennicillin Factory 14
Kelseas Kitchen Fri Taxed2wice 14
unfair bidding law broken by colonial bbeach Fri business 27
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) Fri WTCSRET 13,089
davis cab Fri getalife 2
•••
•••
•••