Tdj2011

Baltimore, MD

#29 Mar 6, 2013
If the three ladies were asked to step down, I say shame on the VFW! Does anyone know the truth? I want to join the VFW as aux but not if this is true
outsider

Arlington, VA

#30 Mar 6, 2013
THE VFW IS A JOKE THE REAL MEMBERS NEED TO TAKE OVER THEIR POST AND GET RID OF ALL TROUBLEMAKERS. AUX IS THERE FOR A SUPPORT GROUP NOTHING ELSE
Cowbell

Alexandria, VA

#31 Mar 6, 2013
DisgustedVet wrote:
The VFW Post agreed to place a money box for local community people to donate money for the residents of the Beachgate Motel, they were being evicted at Christmas this past year due to some electrical problems, immediatly without any place to go.
The three women secured a rental home and helped fill it with stuff they needed. The money came from the Veterans personally. The VFW contributed no money. The three women were asked to step down for sharing their good will without notifying the VFW. I am sure everyone saw the sign on Hawthorn Street on the front of the VFW building. The VFW claims they had no knowledge of helping the commnity on this emergency situation. Why do you suppose they did this? The three women were in the local paper and got good publicity for helping these veterans quoted by one of them. Only to find they were unfit to continue office becuase of this good will effort. Is there a wrong way to help a veteran?
WOW! There is no wrong way to help a vet who has put their life on the line for our country.
Ok.VFW, let's hear your side of the story!
Maybe Vetnam2 will investigate......

“C. Green”

Since: Sep 12

Colonial Beach

#32 Mar 6, 2013
VFW Core Values

•Always put the interest of our members first.
•Treat donors as partners in our cause.
•Promote patriotism.
•Honor military service.
•Ensure the care of Veterans and their families.
•Serve our communities.
•Promote a positive image of the VFW.
•Respect the diversity of Veteran Opinions.

Has our VFW has lost it's way?
Bill

Colonial Beach, VA

#33 Mar 6, 2013
DisgustedVet wrote:
The VFW Post agreed to place a money box for local community people to donate money for the residents of the Beachgate Motel, they were being evicted at Christmas this past year due to some electrical problems, immediatly without any place to go.
The three women secured a rental home and helped fill it with stuff they needed. The money came from the Veterans personally. The VFW contributed no money. The three women were asked to step down for sharing their good will without notifying the VFW. I am sure everyone saw the sign on Hawthorn Street on the front of the VFW building. The VFW claims they had no knowledge of helping the commnity on this emergency situation. Why do you suppose they did this? The three women were in the local paper and got good publicity for helping these veterans quoted by one of them. Only to find they were unfit to continue office becuase of this good will effort. Is there a wrong way to help a veteran?
As I said it is a self serving snake pit
John

United States

#34 Mar 7, 2013
Feb. 27 I posted a reply to "oldgal" and then discovered the "oldgal" posting was deleted along with six other postings by the afternoon on March 1st. The "missing" posts were not exactly flattering to the VFW. My posting was #23. If you go back to the #23 post you can read the mindset of some aux./members. Anyone helping a Vet should be applauded.
Still,..who is capable to censor or hack into a subject on Topix and remove postings ? Anyone have any ideas ??
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#35 Mar 7, 2013
John wrote:
Feb. 27 I posted a reply to "oldgal" and then discovered the "oldgal" posting was deleted along with six other postings by the afternoon on March 1st. The "missing" posts were not exactly flattering to the VFW. My posting was #23. If you go back to the #23 post you can read the mindset of some aux./members. Anyone helping a Vet should be applauded.
Still,..who is capable to censor or hack into a subject on Topix and remove postings ? Anyone have any ideas ??
Read the TOS :) My stuff has come and gone and come back. The rhyme or reason only the Shadow (TOPIX) knows :)
Geezer Geek

King George, VA

#36 Mar 7, 2013
DisgustedVet wrote:
There is no wrong way to help a veteran!

Moreover, publishing false information regarding the situation about the Ladies Auxiliary isn't helping the situation. The Beachgate relocation efforts had nothing to do with the turmoil. It's an internal affair being handled at the Department level and should stay that way.
Cowbell

Alexandria, VA

#37 Mar 7, 2013
Geezer Geek wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no wrong way to help a veteran!
Moreover, publishing false information regarding the situation about the Ladies Auxiliary isn't helping the situation. The Beachgate relocation efforts had nothing to do with the turmoil. It's an internal affair being handled at the Department level and should stay that way.
Ok then, so they did help the Vets at Beachgate, and did not get in trouble for that.
DisgustedVet

King George, VA

#38 Mar 7, 2013
It was definatly the reason, trying to talk the ladies involved into appealing it on a National level.
These ladies helped the residents at the beachgate Inn with the VFW Post behind them, and then after the VFW put up a sign and committed to having a drop box there for checks to go into for these people, decided to not acknowledge there participation to help these homeless veterans of foreign war. The VFW Post claims they knew nothing about it.Yet, why was there a billboard sign placed on the building for 2 months? Whose lying now...is there a wrong way to help a vet?
Geezer Geek

King George, VA

#39 Mar 8, 2013
DisgustedVet wrote:
It was definatly the reason, trying to talk the ladies involved into appealing it on a National level.
These ladies helped the residents at the beachgate Inn with the VFW Post behind them, and then after the VFW put up a sign and committed to having a drop box there for checks to go into for these people, decided to not acknowledge there participation to help these homeless veterans of foreign war. The VFW Post claims they knew nothing about it.Yet, why was there a billboard sign placed on the building for 2 months? Whose lying now...is there a wrong way to help a vet?
Take a look at the timeline. Accident to inspection to eviction...

The veterans who were left homeless due to the situation at Beachgate were helped resettle (kudos to those that helped). But it's a separate issue from the Ladies Auxiliary.

National has been involved. It is still an internal matter. Try not to muddy the waters.
DisgustedVet

King George, VA

#40 Mar 8, 2013
No muddy waters here, just stating the facts. That place has certainly gone downhill, from daily events to people puking in the streets. Now they cast aside there own. Have they no shame? No more parades, or participation in town events just a watering hole, those people deserved some kind of help and for the VFW to shun them, Shame on them. Again, helping the vets at that hotel was the right thing but those ladies were persecuted for it. Apparently there is a wrong way to help a vet afterall, in their eyes.
Geezer Geek

King George, VA

#41 Mar 8, 2013
DisgustedVet wrote:
No muddy waters here, just stating the facts. That place has certainly gone downhill, from daily events to people puking in the streets. Now they cast aside there own. Have they no shame? No more parades, or participation in town events just a watering hole, those people deserved some kind of help and for the VFW to shun them, Shame on them. Again, helping the vets at that hotel was the right thing but those ladies were persecuted for it. Apparently there is a wrong way to help a vet afterall, in their eyes.
Total B.S.! The ladies were not persecuted for helping the veterans at Beachgate. Your two month timeline is totally false. National is already involved with the Ladies Auxiliary and as I have stated before, that's an internal matter totally separate from the Beachgate as you are stating.

I agree more could be done on a local level by the Post. The Commander has been active, attending a Capitol Hill meeting with Rep. Whitman just this week. If you want change, attend the meeting this Sunday and run for a position. New ideas and volunteers are always welcome.
DisgustedVet

King George, VA

#42 Mar 8, 2013
Yes they were persecuted after several years of service. Now they have been stripped of their stripes due to the situation at Christmas with those people at the hotel. There is no other reason. Helping a vet the wrong way again. Does it not seem funny that the three ladies that were asked to step down were the three people who worked to get these homeless vets shelter? If you can't help a vet personally then get out of the way of the people that try to. We need more members that actually care about the welfare of vets and not the alcohol in front of them. These ones with the drink put it down only long enough to talk bad about the people that care about the vets.If you are not going to try to help,then get out of the way of the ones that are.
dawg suporter

King George, VA

#43 Mar 8, 2013
Geezer Geek wrote:
<quoted text>
Total B.S.! The ladies were not persecuted for helping the veterans at Beachgate. Your two month timeline is totally false. National is already involved with the Ladies Auxiliary and as I have stated before, that's an internal matter totally separate from the Beachgate as you are stating.
I agree more could be done on a local level by the Post. The Commander has been active, attending a Capitol Hill meeting with Rep. Whitman just this week. If you want change, attend the meeting this Sunday and run for a position. New ideas and volunteers are always welcome.
Maybe the dawg could help you all out. He is a Vet
dawg suporter

King George, VA

#44 Mar 8, 2013
DisgustedVet wrote:
Yes they were persecuted after several years of service. Now they have been stripped of their stripes due to the situation at Christmas with those people at the hotel. There is no other reason. Helping a vet the wrong way again. Does it not seem funny that the three ladies that were asked to step down were the three people who worked to get these homeless vets shelter? If you can't help a vet personally then get out of the way of the people that try to. We need more members that actually care about the welfare of vets and not the alcohol in front of them. These ones with the drink put it down only long enough to talk bad about the people that care about the vets.If you are not going to try to help,then get out of the way of the ones that are.
very well said disgustedVet
Concerned veteran

King William, VA

#45 Mar 8, 2013
Unfortunately there have been several comments that are for and against the VFW. For the people that are FOR the VFW, I thank you. For the people that have negative comments against the VFW, I pity you. I understand that the VFW is not perfect, but if you don't like it or the way it is run, take yourself to another local clu which would LOVE for you to be a member. And finally disgustedVet, since you have so much time on your hands to comment on what happend to the top 3 of the ladies aux, you are mostly part of the cause and not part of the solution. That is why the Three ladies were removed and if you can't accept that, then you are dumber than everyone thinks. The VFW has been a happier place to be, especially for the ladies aux since the top 3 were removed by the state. Let me reiterate, by the state, not by the post.
cbv

Washington, DC

#46 Mar 8, 2013
dawg suporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the dawg could help you all out. He is a Vet
shut your fkn trap, that piece of crap isn't a vet.. Be careful what you post.
Soonergal

King George, VA

#47 Mar 9, 2013
U should get it straight. Those women were not following the bylaws and did several things that were not right. It is best for the ladies auxiliary that they really gone they can't steal and lie any longer
Dawg

King George, VA

#48 Mar 9, 2013
cbv wrote:
<quoted text> shut your fkn trap, that piece of crap isn't a vet.. Be careful what you post.
excuse me cbv or who ever you are I am a Vet and have a DD-214 just because I dont belong or hang in a drinking establishment does not mean I am not a Vet I have a Honrable Discharge and did my time at Fort Bragg NC and spent many days and nights on Green Ramp. I find better things to do in my spare time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 2 hr WTCSRET 1,984
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr WTCSRET 1,123
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 3 hr WTCSRET 13,503
Petition to keep Ms Gardner 4 hr smoking 7
New Chief Interviews going on next week 4 hr dagger 30
New Restaurant Coming "old Cocomo Joes" Fri BigK 2
High Tides 4 Sale Thu Big guns 28
More from around the web

Colonial Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE