Moms of hikers detained in Iran hold ...

Moms of hikers detained in Iran hold rally in New York

There are 53 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 30, 2010, titled Moms of hikers detained in Iran hold rally in New York. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The mothers of three Americans hikers jailed in Iran are holding a rally in New York City to mark the one-year anniversary of their children's detainment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

THE TRUTH HURTS

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jul 30, 2010
No Sympathy wrote:
This is what you get when you are a hippy who thinks rules of other countries don't apply to you. I think it is great they are detained. These kids are probably use to the great USA where they can do whatever they want. Oops you aren't in the USA anymore are you kids.
PS: I hate Iran and there leaders.
THEY ARE NOT KIDS. THEY WERE 27 AND 31 YEARS OLD LAST YEAR WHEN THEY GOT ARRESTED. THESE ARE ADULTS -- REALLY DUMB ONES.

“one face looking for change”

Since: Jul 10

Maplewood

#22 Jul 30, 2010
Theresa wrote:
Will you people shut up! They are someone's children. To all the mothers out there, what would you do. I know I'd fight and never give up. So get off your high horse and show some compassion. If you cant, Keep your self-righteous opinions to yourself. I would never encourage my children to do something like that, but if they did, I would never abandon them.
Not one post here did anyone say the parents should abandon their kids. As a parent, I would fight tooth and nail to change my
ADULT child's mind to not make such a stupid decision to begin with. If, unsuccessful at that, then once thrown in jail in a foreign country, I would fight equally as hard for their safe return. That's not the point we're trying to make, so no one is self-righteous.

Darwin, and thinning of the herd are things that come to mind....
Patrick S

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Jul 30, 2010
I wrote this before on a different article about these three ADULTS and I will write it again.

These idiots were hiking in a war area and crossed a border where they could of been shot on site. For one they shouldn't of been even in the middle east considering there is a massive war going on. In the middle east almost all countries have laws that if you run across their border illegally you will be shot on site no questions asked. But these idiots knew that they were close and they did it anyways and the only reason that hey survived not being shot is because one they are white and two they were in normal clothes not in uniforms. So the police decided to attain them instead of shooting them on site. So these 3 idiots and their families better shut the hell up and realize that they are completely lucky that they are still alive and the more that both sides complain they will be sitting in prison for even longer and or just plain out shot for being stupid. So shut up sit there in prison and be happy that you are alive and for the families stop your complaining otherwise you might have them killed faster. For the government stop wasting our tax dollars on these three idiots you have already spent probably near millions of dollars already on going over there and pleading their case for being stupid. America needs to take something from this and learn from the middle east countries and protect our borders the same way and shoot peopel who are trying to get here illegally by sea, air, and land this will save tons of money and problems all the way around. But how can stop them when our government is sending them in by the boat load or airplane load themselves. Our own Governor has been shipping them in from other countries for years and now I heard that one of our senators trying to governor is trying to do the same thing with a whole entire family. Hell why can't people just adopt the millions of kids that are here in the US instead of people from other countries???
Wake up people these 3 ADULTS DESEVE TO BE IN PRISON FOR AS ALONG AS IRAN WANTS TO KEEP THEM FOR BEING STUPID AND THE FAMILIES SHOULD OF TAUGHT THEM SOME COMMON SENSE. SO MUCH FOR THEM BEING COLLEGE STUDENTS.(that says a lot for our colleges dont it??)
THE TRUTH HURTS

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jul 30, 2010
Good luck to those moms getting their CIA agents back.
Patrick S

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Jul 30, 2010
TaxTaxTax wrote:
A parents worst nightmare.
Kids who are in jail.
Kids who are that dumb to be "playing" on the border of that particular country.
I pray for their kids safe return.
If my kids were stupid enough to go to a war zone and have a camping trip I would tell them that they are idiots and that if they go don't expect to live and or come back in piece. You must be one of the dumb ones that tell their children its ok to play with guns and play in the highway??? IDIOTS
BUD

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Jul 30, 2010
What exactly does a rally do? What is the intended outcome?
James

United States

#27 Jul 30, 2010
Theresa wrote:
Will you people shut up! They are someone's children. To all the mothers out there, what would you do. I know I'd fight and never give up. So get off your high horse and show some compassion. If you cant, Keep your self-righteous opinions to yourself. I would never encourage my children to do something like that, but if they did, I would never abandon them.
I would probably go out the and put my foot in my kids *** for being so stupid... then I'd ask "What did you learn?"
Walter

Eden Prairie, MN

#28 Jul 30, 2010
BUD wrote:
What exactly does a rally do? What is the intended outcome?
What is "Creates a non-news event so lefty Associated Press editors get another opportunity to rescue three of their anti-American fellow travelers" Alex.
Patrick S

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Jul 30, 2010
Here is what I wrote in a different post about these idiots.

These idiots and their families should be happy that they aren't dead. Almost all countries that are in the middle east shoot people on site for crossing borders with out any reason at all. Now if this was Mexico going into America hell you got it made once you get across and oh here is some money and a job if you want and health care to boot. Just be happy that you are alive and deal with the prison that you are in and not in front of a firing squad. Shut your yaps and deal with it you are stupid and you want America to get you free for being stupid. Hell no I don't see why we should waste tons of money on planes, government officials and who knows what else we are wasting our tax dollars on these 3 morons. But just stop and let them do their time and then you will be set free. The more you **** and the more your families **** the harder its going to be and the longer you will stay in their. NO bitching or yelling from anyone on either side of the oceon the better chance they forget about you and figure out that they have no leverage over the US so they will just let you go or shoot you like they wanted to the first time they saw you. I do hope you do come back but hopefully if you do you will go back to kindergarden and relearn how to be smart and how not to be an idiot.
Now only if America did the same thing to any and all illegal immigrants that come here by sea, land, or air.
Theresa

Chaska, MN

#31 Jul 30, 2010
Enabler wrote:
<quoted text>
"I would never encourage my children to do something like that, but if they did, I would never abandon them."
A parents unwavering support is one thing. Calling everyone else stupid and self righteous is interesting. Do you know that about 70 percent of the country has little to no sympathy for these adult hikers.
When kids or adults make decisions there are consequences to those decisions. Unfortunately when you decide to hike in a Country that the US currently has political and economic sanctions and is on the do not visit list you are kinda up the creek. Now the "Kids" are learning the hard way.
Thank God for the 30% that do care. Regardless of why they did what they did, we shouldn't just leave them to fend for themselves.
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Jul 30, 2010
Theresa wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God for the 30% that do care. Regardless of why they did what they did, we shouldn't just leave them to fend for themselves.
Ok. I'll bite.

What is your caring 30% doing to help them so they won't have to fend for themselves?
Patrick S

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Jul 30, 2010
Theresa wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God for the 30% that do care. Regardless of why they did what they did, we shouldn't just leave them to fend for themselves.
Yes we should let them fend for themselves. Maybe this will teach the rest of America a lesson on how not to be an idiot and this is what happens. If my kids did this I would be pissed more at myself for not teaching them right and I would worry about them on a daily basis but hell the more I say the more chances I give the Iran government more power to hold them even longer and or just shoot them on site. So just shut up about it and just go with the flow and hope that they get home with out any problems. But just drop it holy crap people you are making their prison terms longer.
Theresa

Chaska, MN

#34 Jul 30, 2010
Marvelous No One wrote:
Let's think about this a moment, shall we?
Let's go on vacation. Where or where shall we go? Hawaii? Nah. Boundry Waters? Nah. Pacific Northwest? Nah. I know! How about Iraq!!! Great idea!! We'll never accidently cross the border to Iran and get in trouble, will we? Nah. Only an idiot would do that....
I have a real hard time feeling sorry for these three...
Were any of us there? Do we really know where the boundaries are and if they indeed crossed over them? Yet we are believing the Iranian officials. Hmmm. Think a little bit folks
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#35 Jul 30, 2010
Theresa wrote:
<quoted text>Were any of us there? Do we really know where the boundaries are and if they indeed crossed over them? Yet we are believing the Iranian officials. Hmmm. Think a little bit folks
Are you for real?

"Do we really know where the boundaries are and if they indeed crossed over them?" Do you KNOW what part of the world they were in? They certainly did. It wasn't like they set out for a hike in Yellowstone, Glacier or Grand Canyon National Park and then OOPS crossed into Iraq because their GPS was a little off.

For crying out loud, is it 5:00 yet? You're killing me, here.
Patrick S

Minneapolis, MN

#36 Jul 30, 2010
Theresa wrote:
<quoted text>Were any of us there? Do we really know where the boundaries are and if they indeed crossed over them? Yet we are believing the Iranian officials. Hmmm. Think a little bit folks
Why in the hell would anyone actually want to go camping in Iraq for?? Nobody with an intelligence over 1 would even think of doing this. So no I don't feel sorry for these idiots and last time I checked we are still fighting in Iraq which there are flying bullets just about every where. So stop defending idiots and maybe teach yourself and others what is smart and what is stupid and guess what these 3 adults are stupid.
Kevin

Saint Paul, MN

#37 Jul 30, 2010
I think they might be spies. They are admittedly some sort of freelance journalists, they had cameras and they were in a territory they shouldn't have been in and they look non-threatening. Perfect look for spies. Who knows maybe the Iranians are right??? Who in the h*ll would be that stupid to go "hiking" in the F*cking the middle east?

Maplewood

#38 Jul 30, 2010
Theresa wrote:
I've followed this story from the beginning and have thought about it, my dear. My conclusion? If, what the hikers contend they "accidently crossed over the border while hiking in Iraq," it goes back to my original point; they had no business being there to begin with if they didn't no what they were doing.

I have no sympathy for these idiots. That's my one and only point.

Maplewood

#39 Jul 30, 2010
fruit bat alert wrote:
<quoted text>Are you for real?
"Do we really know where the boundaries are and if they indeed crossed over them?" Do you KNOW what part of the world they were in? They certainly did. It wasn't like they set out for a hike in Yellowstone, Glacier or Grand Canyon National Park and then OOPS crossed into Iraq because their GPS was a little off.
For crying out loud, is it 5:00 yet? You're killing me, here.
LOLOLOLOL!!!! 100% agree! She acts like not knowing the boundry to Iran equates to you and me crossing over into Hudson, WI for chrissakes LOLOLOLOL!!!

....and I ain't waiting til 5:00....
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#40 Jul 30, 2010
Marvelous No One wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOLOL!!!! 100% agree! She acts like not knowing the boundry to Iran equates to you and me crossing over into Hudson, WI for chrissakes LOLOLOLOL!!!
....and I ain't waiting til 5:00....
HAHAHAHA! Good for you and hope it's something good. Hudson...HAHA. Good stuff on a pathetic topic. I have been following this story since it began and it just does me in for some reason. I'm a mom of 2 young adults in their early 20's. Of course I would do what I could to get them home safely, however I would be very aware that I had failed miserably in a few mothering areas, I would be embarrassed beyong words that my kids would be so NAIVE and careless with their safety. I don't think going to New York for a rally would be on my agenda, but who knows. In any case, they all deserve the scorn and condemnation received for this boneheaded and ill conceived "hike".

4:06. Time to cut limes.
I Ran and U Walked

Cottage Grove, MN

#41 Jul 30, 2010
To the Iranian Leaders:
If you can read this, they are spies and we expect you to hold them captive as long as you damn well please.
Should you feel the need to put a boot to their collective ****, by all means do so.
You may also do it just for **** and giggles, we really dont care, have at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
car stolen ? and left abandoned on Burnet St ... May 19 teapot12 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Avenel, NJ (Jan '12) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 3
Motorcycle accident route 27 in front of Honda ... Apr '16 Sue 3
News New Jersey Bishops Ready To Rumble Over Same-Se... (Aug '09) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 19
News S. River man nabbed in rape (Sep '06) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 9
News Nicholas Krimin of St. Joseph (Met.) signs to p... Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
Iselin Jukebox (Jul '12) Apr '16 Musikologist 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colonia Mortgages