Moms of hikers detained in Iran hold rally in New York

Jul 30, 2010 Read more: TwinCities.com 53
The mothers of three Americans hikers jailed in Iran are holding a rally in New York City to mark the one-year anniversary of their children's detainment. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
techie51

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jul 30, 2010
Why dont the mom's SHUT THE HELL UP. The only reason they are doing this is that they are hoping for a movie deal and making millions
Kevin

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 30, 2010
Well, those kids must have taught their moms what they learned while attending Berkeley...protest, great plan...p*ss them off.

I'm sure the Iranians are going to let them go now.
Stop it

Cottage Grove, MN

#3 Jul 30, 2010
Stop with the children thing.
Unless you put the words "stupid gnikcuf" children in front of it, then its OK!
TaxTaxTax

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jul 30, 2010
A parents worst nightmare.

Kids who are in jail.

Kids who are that dumb to be "playing" on the border of that particular country.

I pray for their kids safe return.
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 30, 2010
How about a rally against stupid parents who fail to teach their precious little euphorians that there is evil in this world. Failure to teach them that certain countries are nuts and hostile. Failure to teach them that there are plenty of nice "hiking trails" that are not in crazy unstable countries. Failure to teach them that there are consequences for careless and naive behavior. Failure to teach them that riding on your unicorn to chase rainbows and peace, love and kum buy ya and the world isn't one big group hug leads to being locked up in a stinking Iraqi jail for a year with no end in sight.

Just for a start.
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jul 30, 2010
TaxTaxTax wrote:
A parents worst nightmare.
Kids who are in jail.
Kids who are that dumb to be "playing" on the border of that particular country.
I pray for their kids safe return.
These were not "kids". Far from it. I am sure the parents are sick over this, but their ADULT children made some pretty bad choices here.
Dont give a rip

Eau Claire, WI

#7 Jul 30, 2010
They must have finally realized that us people in the midwest didn't give a hoot anymore about hearing of the 'poor' children.
Theresa

Chaska, MN

#8 Jul 30, 2010
Will you people shut up! They are someone's children. To all the mothers out there, what would you do. I know I'd fight and never give up. So get off your high horse and show some compassion. If you cant, Keep your self-righteous opinions to yourself. I would never encourage my children to do something like that, but if they did, I would never abandon them.
No Sympathy

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jul 30, 2010
This is what you get when you are a hippy who thinks rules of other countries don't apply to you. I think it is great they are detained. These kids are probably use to the great USA where they can do whatever they want. Oops you aren't in the USA anymore are you kids.

PS: I hate Iran and there leaders.
Enabler

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jul 30, 2010
Theresa wrote:
Will you people shut up! They are someone's children. To all the mothers out there, what would you do. I know I'd fight and never give up. So get off your high horse and show some compassion. If you cant, Keep your self-righteous opinions to yourself. I would never encourage my children to do something like that, but if they did, I would never abandon them.
"I would never encourage my children to do something like that, but if they did, I would never abandon them."

A parents unwavering support is one thing. Calling everyone else stupid and self righteous is interesting. Do you know that about 70 percent of the country has little to no sympathy for these adult hikers.

When kids or adults make decisions there are consequences to those decisions. Unfortunately when you decide to hike in a Country that the US currently has political and economic sanctions and is on the do not visit list you are kinda up the creek. Now the "Kids" are learning the hard way.
USMC 67-70

United States

#11 Jul 30, 2010
Missed the correct headline for this. Should be Mothers of STUPID hikers. Their propaganda machine is in 3rd place behind the NFL and Stalins right now but if I read another bleeding heart liberal article about these 3 clowns they may surpass the NFL by a slim margin.
Hmmmmmmm

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jul 30, 2010
fruit bat alert wrote:
How about a rally against stupid parents who fail to teach their precious little euphorians that there is evil in this world. Failure to teach them that certain countries are nuts and hostile. Failure to teach them that there are plenty of nice "hiking trails" that are not in crazy unstable countries. Failure to teach them that there are consequences for careless and naive behavior. Failure to teach them that riding on your unicorn to chase rainbows and peace, love and kum buy ya and the world isn't one big group hug leads to being locked up in a stinking Iraqi jail for a year with no end in sight.
Just for a start.
Amen...
TaxTaxTax

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jul 30, 2010
You missed the point completely.
fruit bat alert wrote:
<quoted text>These were not "kids". Far from it. I am sure the parents are sick over this, but their ADULT children made some pretty bad choices here.

“Keeping the Hive Alive!”

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis

#14 Jul 30, 2010
techie51 wrote:
Why dont the mom's SHUT THE HELL UP. The only reason they are doing this is that they are hoping for a movie deal and making millions
I would boycott anyone who gives these brats a book or movie deal. They were traitors, writing anti-American propaganda from enemy territory, and should get the same welcome as Tokyo Rose when they are released. Useless Idiots!
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jul 30, 2010
TaxTaxTax wrote:
You missed the point completely.
<quoted text>
Sorry. I tend to get a little worked up about these chuckleheads.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jul 30, 2010
If these Berkley kids had not gotten caught going into Iran illegally, they would have done something equally stupid by now and either been dead or worse like they are now. They were more likely to die of thirst out there than to have gotten back safely. It's quite possible the Iranians saved their sorry lives.
USMC 67-70

United States

#17 Jul 30, 2010
Hmmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen...
I have asked this particular question of our wonderful unbiased always tell the whole unvarnished truth liberla news media - What do the DADS say? Why is that NEVER answered?

“one face looking for change”

Since: Jul 10

Maplewood

#18 Jul 30, 2010
Let's think about this a moment, shall we?

Let's go on vacation. Where or where shall we go? Hawaii? Nah. Boundry Waters? Nah. Pacific Northwest? Nah. I know! How about Iraq!!! Great idea!! We'll never accidently cross the border to Iran and get in trouble, will we? Nah. Only an idiot would do that....

I have a real hard time feeling sorry for these three...
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jul 30, 2010
USMC 67-70 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have asked this particular question of our wonderful unbiased always tell the whole unvarnished truth liberla news media - What do the DADS say? Why is that NEVER answered?
Probably because it's the Mothers that are the shrill, liberal loud mouths, my kids are being victimized, non-arm pit shaving, ugly sandals, gray at 35, frumpy, I am woman hear me roar, men are useless unless he is my precious little misunderstood son, women who have completely emasculated their husbands until they have no voice or opinions left.

Of course, I could be wrong.
zingbopper

Cadott, WI

#20 Jul 30, 2010
I'm about ready to go over there and pop a cap in these jerk-offs heads myself.
SHUT UP!
Stop running this damn story.
One of the mothers must be blowing someone over at the pioneer press to get this much print time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spiceco Issues A Correction Regarding Allergy A... Tue aptos 2012 1
News Sean P. Coghlan, 28, of Caldwell, a teacher at ... (Jan '12) Mar 26 Jen 11
News Metuchen man hit by car Mar 24 Anonomous 1
Tony Benniditto Mar 21 Gods angels 1
News Rahway mayor hired as Bound Brook administrator Mar 11 JBURKEPLUMBING 1
Iselin Jukebox (Jul '12) Mar 11 Musikologist 14
Colonia high school student arrested Oct '14 NIGHTRIDER 1
More from around the web

Colonia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE