Audio analysis offers new take on Ken...

Audio analysis offers new take on Kent tragedy | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 31 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 9, 2010, titled Audio analysis offers new take on Kent tragedy | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Ohio National Guardsmen who fired on students and antiwar protesters at Kent State University on May 4, 1970, were given an order to prepare to shoot, according to a new analysis of a 40-year-old audio tape of the event.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wasthere

Grove City, OH

#25 May 9, 2010
Seems as though the right wingers always throw out the 'burning building' scenerio... The ROTC building was a clapboard wooden WW II barracks that was twin to Van Duesen Hall, the art school. It was torn down at tax payer expense a few years later. Nobody ever proved that the students who were killed or injured that day had anythingt to do with the demise of the ROTC building.
Mr Gasman

Loveland, OH

#31 May 10, 2010
"snuff them" = lfod

His foolish posts are obvious, despite the lack of spelling errors in this version.
Reader

Columbus, OH

#34 May 10, 2010
time to move on wrote:
40 yrs. later and people still whine about this. Does knowing now change what happened then?
No, but it could change the way things happen in the future.
Reader

Columbus, OH

#35 May 10, 2010
former guardsmen wrote:
<quoted text>rocks and bottles is not unarmed
I had a cop refer to me as "armed" one time because I had a ball-point pen in my hand.
Topper

Columbus, OH

#36 May 10, 2010
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a cop refer to me as "armed" one time because I had a ball-point pen in my hand.
You and me together in a room for 30 seconds.....Me armed "only" with a ballpoint pen......

....Bet you change your mind......
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#37 May 10, 2010
Topper wrote:
<quoted text>
You and me together in a room for 30 seconds.....Me armed "only" with a ballpoint pen......
And Reader armed like a typical cop.

Ready... set... GO!
Topper

Columbus, OH

#38 May 10, 2010
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
And Reader armed like a typical cop.
Ready... set... GO!
You mean "Reader" would use deadly force against poor ole innocent me....if I was only holding pen?????
David Nixon

United States

#39 May 31, 2010
ACE_ wrote:
<quoted text>Unarmed? Mind reader? A robber might think I am unarmed, however I have a Conceal Carry License.
Police that die in the line of duty are killed every day in the United States by people that should be unarmed.
Property crimes by others? You mean the people that were shot did not commit crimes, Mr Mind Reader.
Yes, that is what I am saying. The people who were shot on May 4, 1970, on the campus of Kent State University were never arrested, formally charged, nor convicted of any felonies or misdemeanors relating to their alleged behavior on that day.
David Nixon

United States

#40 May 31, 2010
ACE_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all about that book.
He was making a weak attempt of revision.
Mr Mind Reading ex Marine I actually graduated from high school (you should go back and get your GED) and college.
Actually, Marine platoon commanders are commissioned officers and commissioned officers are required to present proof of a bachelor's degree prior to being commissioned. I hope that helps.(P.S. I had to present my high school transcript, too, for all 4 years).
David Nixon

United States

#41 May 31, 2010
ACE_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I watched them that year riot on High Street in the Ohio State University area. I had just arrived home after serving three years in the United States Army and was appalled by these peoples actions against authority.
Do you have proof?
There is no proof that those you saw on High Street in 1970 were the same people shot on May 4, 1970 at Kent State.
David Nixon

United States

#42 May 31, 2010
former guardsmen wrote:
<quoted text>rocks and bottles is not unarmed
That cowardly act on the part of the Ohio National Guard does not justify such a strained attempt at rationalization on your part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harold F.Breen Jr. 1933-2005 son of Harold Bree... Jul 25 Kirk 1
nj advance media is a corrupt news organization... Jul '17 NEWS WATCHDOGS 1
Fords dealer resurfaces Jun '17 firemanT 3
Review: Blue Circle Marketing May '17 dlynch 1
News Boy Comes Home From School And Finds Dad Has Be... May '17 Geezer 1
News US deports Indonesian Christian who fled persec... May '17 californio 10
want to put 454 carb motor in 1999 chevy suburb... (Aug '16) Aug '16 noid489 1

Colonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance