Drunk Husband Kills Wife With Car

Drunk Husband Kills Wife With Car

There are 48 comments on the WSJM-AM Saint Joseph story from Aug 2, 2009, titled Drunk Husband Kills Wife With Car. In it, WSJM-AM Saint Joseph reports that:

A Watervliet woman is dead after her husband hit her with his car. The Berrien County Sheriff's Department says Watervliet's Scott White was drunk when the car he was driving struck and killed his wife, 40-year-old Debra White.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSJM-AM Saint Joseph.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
heartbroken

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 2, 2009
RIP Debbie. My deepest sympathy.
Rosie

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Aug 4, 2009
My prayers go out to her family and children.
Daddys girl

Chandler, AZ

#3 Aug 4, 2009
The way the media portrays things is obscene. RIP deb. Everyone plz pray for the children AND their father.
Dee

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Aug 4, 2009
so sad that someone could be so angry to take a mother out of this world, and away from her childern!! VERY SAD!!
Dee

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Aug 4, 2009
Daddys girl wrote:
The way the media portrays things is obscene. RIP deb. Everyone plz pray for the children AND their father.
Why pray for the father he killed her!! and he was drunk!! like always I hear
Hooterville

United States

#6 Aug 7, 2009
Dee - I know this family and this man loved his wife very much and would change everything if he could. He has to live with what has happened and we should all be praying for him. Yes, he was drunk....which leads to poor judgement. This could very well happen to anyone. I believe God lets things happen, good and bad, for a reason. When it is our time to go, he will take us home with him. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others. God Bless You!
Dee

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Aug 7, 2009
Hooterville wrote:
Dee - I know this family and this man loved his wife very much and would change everything if he could. He has to live with what has happened and we should all be praying for him. Yes, he was drunk....which leads to poor judgement. This could very well happen to anyone. I believe God lets things happen, good and bad, for a reason. When it is our time to go, he will take us home with him. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others. God Bless You!
Your right he had poor judgement becuz he was a drunk...but he still needs to pay...he wasn't crazy he knew what he was doing. And I sure don't believe God let this man run over his wife. This man ran over his wife...know one else caused her death but HIM. I feel for him cuz he's gonna have to live with it...but he is LIVING and she isn't and it's becuz of HIS drunken desecions....he's made many...this one was fatal....sadly. I pray for the family....it could have been one of the kids...how would u feel then?
Hooterville

United States

#8 Aug 8, 2009
I will pray for Father and children that God brings them through this. Also, if the children ever read any of these negative postings, please know your Father loved your Mother very much.
Dee

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 Aug 8, 2009
Hooterville wrote:
I will pray for Father and children that God brings them through this. Also, if the children ever read any of these negative postings, please know your Father loved your Mother very much.
NEGATIVE POSTS!!!?? THE MAN KILLED HIS WIFE!! HE LOVED HER SO MUCH?????????? and your worried the kids will see negative post? the guy is a drunk! what kind of HORROR do you think these kids have seen BEFORE this fatal accident!!???? Does any one even care? HAVE U EVER BEEN A KID LIVING WITH A DRUNK!!! This man made the desicion to be a maniac...the kids know exactly what kind of drunken monster they lived with!! What do u know? If only the walls could talk!
hoot

Niles, MI

#10 Aug 9, 2009
Dee
You sound like a very misinformed angry person... who does not know anything about these good people... it is not as cut and dry as you think! Scott is NOT a drunken monster! and his kids know this... quit bashing this mans character that you obviously know nothing of! By the way did you ever consider that Debbie may have been drinking as well? That bad things happen sometimes? No?... well that just shows how close-minded you are!
Hooterville

United States

#11 Aug 9, 2009
hoot wrote:
Dee
You sound like a very misinformed angry person... who does not know anything about these good people... it is not as cut and dry as you think! Scott is NOT a drunken monster! and his kids know this... quit bashing this mans character that you obviously know nothing of! By the way did you ever consider that Debbie may have been drinking as well? That bad things happen sometimes? No?... well that just shows how close-minded you are!
Thanks hoot! I was thinking the same thing about this person, very angry and maybe some deep seeded issues that have never been resolved.
hoot

Niles, MI

#12 Aug 9, 2009
Hooterville wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks hoot! I was thinking the same thing about this person, very angry and maybe some deep seeded issues that have never been resolved.
Your welcome! I never comment, but this time I had seen enough and was angered by outright (hate to say it) stupidity!
Hooterville

United States

#13 Aug 9, 2009
hoot wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome! I never comment, but this time I had seen enough and was angered by outright (hate to say it) stupidity!
You are so right!
michelle

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Aug 9, 2009
Hooterville wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right!
All I know is that I lost a friend -- and her kids are now left without their mom and possibly their dad...regardless of the circumstances around the scene and who is to blame - the kids do not need whispering, judging and name calling, they need support and love. Grow up and be an adult...if you knew this family and you knew my friend, you would know she would have done anything to keep this kind of talk from hurting her kids...don't be part of the problem...quit talking trash and find someway to help them.
michelle

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Aug 9, 2009
Hooterville wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right!
hooterville and hoot thanks for being her friend.
Dee

Salt Lake City, UT

#16 Aug 10, 2009
michelle wrote:
<quoted text> hooterville and hoot thanks for being her friend.
Not trying to be mean but he is what he is. And it caused her death. And YES, I'm almost sure she was drinking too...but HE was behind the wheel. And this kinda craziness went on ALL the time with them...and if you know them you know it's TRUE...it just killled one of them this time. It is what it is....don't get mad at me..I didn't make him drink...that was HIS decision...
Dee

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Aug 10, 2009
hoot wrote:
Dee
Women just don't get run over by their drunk husband. What do u mean "bad things happen sometimes"? r u crazy? Why do you think this tragic thing happen? In your opinion what do you think happen? He wasn't tickling her. HE WAS DRUNK!!! don't be niave.It happened cuz the guy ran out of luck! He finally killed someone because of his drunkeness. If you really know him you know he (& she) had a problem. It very well could have been her killing him.. he just happen to be the one behind the wheel. When you live in drunken chaos sh*t happens..I'm not closed minded...I'm OPEN minded...Open to know what happen was stupid..sad..DRUNKEN accident..but it WAS his fault...
copersmom

Notre Dame, IN

#18 Aug 24, 2009
I think Scott was an old friend of mine from AZ. Does anyone know if he used to live in the Phoenix area? If it's the person I am thinking of, I worked with him for a long time, and back then he was a very kind man with a big heart. He was a hard worker and would help anyone that needed it. This is a very sad story, I agree with prior posters, the entire family needs prayer, including Scott.
A Co Worker

United States

#19 Aug 25, 2009
Scott IS a very nice man... I can't even imagine what he felt when he "woke up" and realized what he had done. It saddens my heart that people think he is a monster, cuz he is definately the exact opposite. He spoke highly of his family a lot and many of his coworkers know that he loves his wife and kids very much. God bless the White family (all of them). Our prayers are with you :(
Elkhart Resident

Elkhart, IN

#20 Aug 26, 2009
Hooterville wrote:
This wouldn't happen to everyone because not everyone gets sloshed drunk. False comparisons and sympathy for stupidity do not justify or excuse criminal behavior. I feel for the children and the rest of their family, but the husband should (and will) go to jail for his crime. Yes... a crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coloma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Courthouse shooter accused of keeping teen in s... Jul '16 bubbabreath 1
In search of family of Laura Reid Mitchell May '16 nickimouse 1
Vacation home May '16 Sznajder 1
Robert Kilburn. Fake Navy Seal (Jun '13) May '16 The Bartonator 9
Can someone set it straight May '16 The Bartonator 1
News Suspect In Hagar Twp Murder In Custody; Victims... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Alex mckenzie 1
News Amber Alert issued for 2 young girls after doub... (Jan '16) Jan '16 SpeakinDaFacts 1

Coloma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coloma Mortgages