Coloma H.S. student killed, classmate...

Coloma H.S. student killed, classmate injured in crash

There are 51 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Coloma H.S. student killed, classmate injured in crash. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Police in Berrien County are still investigating a crash that killed a Coloma High School student and injured another Wednesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stephanie

Holland, MI

#2 Mar 21, 2008
Again this tells teens that speed kills. How many need to die for these kids to get that through their heads?

My prayers are with this boys family. What a tough day for them.
Jess

Byron Center, MI

#3 Mar 21, 2008
Kids think it won't happen to them. I feel awful for this family. Unfortunantly this will not make to many kids stop and think.
A Parent

Big Rapids, MI

#4 Mar 21, 2008
Very sad that the comments say he loved speed. I have 2 boys that just started driving. If they love speed they wont be driving. I don't understand why parents wont take the license or the car from their kid if they are not driving safely. If they are not 18 the parents have that right and should exercise it.
this is very sad.
old_timer

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2008
I agree with the state to raise the driving age to 18, this is a tragedy that takes place all to often. What in the world are driving instructors teaching these days?.
Mike

Plainwell, MI

#6 Mar 21, 2008
Get real Old Timer! they should lower the age if anything. Besides the kid was 18 years old himself. And pointing the finger at the driving instructors is about the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Think before you type, dude.
winter is over

Holland, MI

#7 Mar 21, 2008
The teens that think it is cool to speed will still do it. My hope is that now some of them will realize that acting like a dufus behind the wheel and dying is not cool. I am glad he did not take the innocent head on driver with him. What a dumba$$. I took my son to Martin dragway when he was 15 and he raced on a safe controlled course. You can race there even if you just have a blue slip. That is the safe way to do it and we had a BLAST and you even get a printout with proof of what you did. He beat a Corvette with a 96 Chevy Caprice and turned low 14s in the quarter mile going over 90mph. Racing on the street is for IDIOTS. Too bad that lesson has no do-overs.

Since: Mar 08

GRAND RAPIDS, MI

#8 Mar 21, 2008
SOOOO SAD!
A Parent

Big Rapids, MI

#9 Mar 21, 2008
winter is over wrote:
The teens that think it is cool to speed will still do it. My hope is that now some of them will realize that acting like a dufus behind the wheel and dying is not cool. I am glad he did not take the innocent head on driver with him. What a dumba$$. I took my son to Martin dragway when he was 15 and he raced on a safe controlled course. You can race there even if you just have a blue slip. That is the safe way to do it and we had a BLAST and you even get a printout with proof of what you did. He beat a Corvette with a 96 Chevy Caprice and turned low 14s in the quarter mile going over 90mph. Racing on the street is for IDIOTS. Too bad that lesson has no do-overs.
Exactly right!!!
Thats the reason Martian does what they do.
Brandi

Kalamazoo, MI

#10 Mar 21, 2008
I will miss you Adan!
Megan

Plainwell, MI

#11 Mar 21, 2008
Actually, i dont like how people are saying nobody learned from this accident, i wish all people could have seen what our school was like Thursday. Many poeple were wearing black, hardly anyone talked in the senior hallway, and we could barely do our work in class. After school everyone drove slow and carefull on their way home. Everyone i talked to said it gave them a big reality check. We do care and we do learn!
winter is over

Holland, MI

#12 Mar 21, 2008
Megan wrote:
Actually, i dont like how people are saying nobody learned from this accident, i wish all people could have seen what our school was like Thursday. Many poeple were wearing black, hardly anyone talked in the senior hallway, and we could barely do our work in class. After school everyone drove slow and carefull on their way home. Everyone i talked to said it gave them a big reality check. We do care and we do learn!
Megan, what can you and your classmates do to help the younger ones in middle school to not think this is cool? You have all learned the hard way and will graduate in a couple of years but please think of a way and DO SOMETHING to share your experience with as many young people as you can.
Jaymeee

La Fayette, GA

#13 Mar 21, 2008
This was the most wonderful guy..anyone could ever meet. it sucks he is no longer with us. but everythign happens for a reason. i wish he could of made it..but he will always be in all of ares hearts. we will never forget you. we miss && love you, i will miss our times we had in gym class. makeing fun of Josh and Tyler. i will miss everything about you. i love & miss you Adan. <3

Jaymeee.
JMHO

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Mar 21, 2008
Jaymeee wrote:
This was the most wonderful guy..anyone could ever meet. it sucks he is no longer with us. but everythign happens for a reason. i wish he could of made it..but he will always be in all of ares hearts. we will never forget you. we miss && love you, i will miss our times we had in gym class. makeing fun of Josh and Tyler. i will miss everything about you. i love & miss you Adan. <3
Jaymeee.
Here we go again with the "things happen for a reason" and "God has a plan" crap. Getting killed by a tornado could be viewed as God's will but what this idiot did was FREE WILL. He CHOOSE to take his life in his hands along with the life of everyone else on the road with him & he dropped the ball. Sorry for your loss of a friend but move on with your life knowing your choices have consequences.

“Secure our borders!!!”

Since: Jun 07

Denver, CO

#15 Mar 21, 2008
The report said that officials are looking into ways to address safe driving . Easy , show the students the photographs that the investigators took at the scene. Have an open casket funeral . Let the kids see what this dose .
Kids think they are invincible now days . Living in the world of video games, movies, NASCAR and so much more .

My heart felt sympathy to the families and friends .

My View, My Opinion
Ryan

United States

#16 Mar 21, 2008
JMHO wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again with the "things happen for a reason" and "God has a plan" crap. Getting killed by a tornado could be viewed as God's will but what this idiot did was FREE WILL. He CHOOSE to take his life in his hands along with the life of everyone else on the road with him & he dropped the ball. Sorry for your loss of a friend but move on with your life knowing your choices have consequences.
Hey man,u need to calm down with all that. I dont appriate you callin my friend an idot, everyone makes bad choices but that doesnt make an idot of someone. I played soccer with adan and got to know how much of a coolguy he is, and i think if u would have met him you would have regreted calling him that.
Stoopid Trucker

Downers Grove, IL

#17 Mar 21, 2008
Big Mark wrote:
The report said that officials are looking into ways to address safe driving . Easy , show the students the photographs that the investigators took at the scene. Have an open casket funeral . Let the kids see what this dose .
Kids think they are invincible now days . Living in the world of video games, movies, NASCAR and so much more .
My heart felt sympathy to the families and friends .
My View, My Opinion
Yeah, it's NASCAR's fault! And I'm sure there was never a illegal street racing death before video games came along. Seriously, give me a break.
tom

Fowlerville, MI

#18 Mar 21, 2008
there is alot of stone throwing going on here.it is really sad that kids have to die this way but it has been this way since the automobile was invented before then I sappose kids raced horses
the possitive thing I find in this story is he tried to swerve back into his lane and did not go head on with innocence people that alone tells alot.
Just Care

Caledonia, MI

#19 Mar 21, 2008
old_timer wrote:
I agree with the state to raise the driving age to 18, this is a tragedy that takes place all to often. What in the world are driving instructors teaching these days?.
Why blame the Driving Instructors,these kids know,right from wrong,my grandson will be getting his driving licences in April,and if I ever see him driveing like that I will take his licences from him.
Ionia County

Granbury, TX

#20 Mar 21, 2008
People think that it is up to the parents to teach their kids between right and wrong.. I AGREE, BUT WHY IS IT THAT A PARENT CAN'T TEACH THEIR OWN KIDS TO DRIVE BEFORE THEY TAKE DRIVERS TRAINING..I think it is up to the parents to teach their kids between right and wrong why not behind the wheel..Let parents teach their kids before they go through drivers training..I was a FARM kid and was driving before legally able..I did the same for my kids.I know they will be safe drivers..because I am a safe driver and have taught them how to drive..Parents it is up to us!!
A Parent

Lansing, MI

#21 Mar 21, 2008
I would just LOVE to teach my son to drive...in fact I was doing just that when my cousin got a ticket. He was teaching his daughter to drive, she will be taking driver's training this summer with my son. The cop gave him a $700 ticket for "Endangering the Live of a Minor"...Just for trying to be a responsible parent!! I think we parents SHOULD take the initiative to teach our children the safe way to drive because we care about them a whole lot more than the driver's education teachers - They're ours. But, how can we when we get busted by the police for trying it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coloma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Authorities release name of weekend drowning vi... (Aug '06) May 11 Brendito 42
Hagershore rd and Paw paw lake rd feb 15,2017? ... Feb '17 Simmons 2
Who remembers Tameko Woods or George Patterson? (Oct '16) Oct '16 Jamie 2
News Courthouse shooter accused of keeping teen in s... (Jul '16) Jul '16 bubbabreath 1
In search of family of Laura Reid Mitchell (May '16) May '16 nickimouse 1
Vacation home (May '16) May '16 Sznajder 1
Robert Kilburn. Fake Navy Seal (Jun '13) May '16 The Bartonator 9

Coloma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coloma Mortgages