real reason no new businesses in town

real reason no new businesses in town

Posted in the Collinsville Forum

BOYCOTT NELSON AUTOMOTIVE

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 23, 2011
There is going to be another, what, 600 on the streets this month?

What people don't know is one important thing. When a corporation is given incentives and tax breaks, buildings, etc. then Martinsville is put in the finals to have their business come to the city.

Martinsville is a great place to live, etc, but then when the corporations send their 'scouts'to check out the city, they do, and it all passes, until they get back to their hotel room and turn on the local television station.(And they check out the MEDIA, too, it's an important part of the city!)

What do they see? They see some man taking a piss test behind a sheet,(Mackie) or that fat faggot Roark taking cheap shots at our local law enforcement, or Jessica and Dick Jansen sitting there trashing the cops for not sending them a stupid message about a dead body, or Charles saying that we can't trust a cop having it's lights flashing anymore because of the sheriff's officer that killed his wife. The title of the show was "When cops go bad" then they google star 18 and find out that he slandered our Commonwealth's Attorney ( http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/xp-446 ...)

Do you think this corporation would want to come here and be a part of a media that:

"Roark's Martinsville-based Cable 6 television station had a reputation for salacious, gossipy innuendo, and Buzz, which ceased publication in 2002, had a similar reputation for outrageousness."

Who would bring a corporation to a town like this? Would you? HELL NO!! There are too many cities with high unemployment to put up with a news source that would slander you at the drop of a hat! You move on.

And if you don't believe me, then ask a large corporation if they would move here with such a toxic TV station??

Now you know why we cannot get any businesses here in Martinsville.

Be sure and thank their sponsors for our high unemployment, like Nelson's Automotive the next time you are there, or any other sponsor that advertises with Star News.

The sponsors are the guiltiest of them all, because without the sponsors money, there wouldn't be any news station. They would dry up and die.

I agree with the other people that posted START A BOYCOTT of all sponsors of Star News!!!
MrT

Saltville, VA

#2 Jun 23, 2011
Amen.
BOYCOTT NELSON AUTOMOTIVE

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jun 23, 2011
Great title! For those who are reading this, you all need to know one thing - I moved away from Martinsville because of Cable 6. I knew that eventually the town would go straight to hell in a handbasket, and I didn't want to be around for my property value to plummet.

He is toxic, and even my Mom and Dad that still live there said he's still doing the same thing. And the same people call in every show, every day. It's pathetic.

The only question I have for you all is this: What are you going to do about it?

If it was me, I'd organize a protest and protest until he left. It wouldn't take long. Are you guys that lazy? You would rather put up with unemployment than put him out of business??

As soon as the father of one of the kids he videotapes in the bathrooms gets ahold of the tape he'll put an end to everything up there.
MrT

Saltville, VA

#4 Jun 24, 2011
The sad fact is people buy cars and service from Nelson when the station airs a man urinating in a cup in front of the town and ANY business even thinking of coming here would be mortified by this and further tell any of his businessman friends about the little town that watches a man perform a bodily function on live tv and they would all laugh hysterically.
Every time you buy from a sponsor or pay to see a movie or buy air time you enable this disgrace to make us a laughing stock.
To take it one step further how would you like to be a business executive and meet with the local board chairperson and find out she is employed by the same channel that airs bodily functions? Plus the station owner lost a suit to the city attorney and never paid off, and buys expensive 3D equipment while his employee gets insurance off the county taxpayers.
Somebody please defend them now.
BOYCOTT NELSON AUTOMOTIVE

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jun 26, 2011
There is no defense for them.

They are scum of the earth.

I wish someone else would take over the station and run it like a real news station.

They could make so much money. When Roark gets ahold of these posts I bet he'll pretend to change. But we all know it is impossible.

Hope all the sponsors go out of business because of this boycott.

It will teach them not to dance with the devil.
BOYCOTT NELSON

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jun 26, 2011
F$cking we should take out a full page add for the boycott, or is the bulletin in on it, too?

Who would back this f$cking pervert? Seriously.
IN WITH BOYCOTT

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jun 27, 2011
If I had the money to take out a full page ad, I would.

At first I thought we might want to tell Nelson and give him a heads up, but then again, I heard he was in the KKK with Roark, and decided not to.

Nelson has been lining their pockets to keep the trash talk going for years. THey know they are the huge sponsors, yet don't mind paying for the smut.

Which viewer has the bucks to go and buy a car? They are all low life idiots that call in and watch.

I haven't watched in years, but the thought that they are keeping jobs from this city rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm done.

I'm in.
hell yea boycott nelsons

Stuart, VA

#8 Jun 29, 2011
i just said the same thing on another post.

i'm also in, too

they both can cry on each other's shoulders

i hope they both go out of business so they know how we feel having sh*tty jobs here because of star news

tell everyone you can
FUCKNELSONS AUTOMOTIVE

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jul 2, 2011
Everywhere I read, it comes back to this Roark guy and the station that broadcasts such smut on their TV.

WE NEED TO START THIS AND GO ALL THE WAY! HELP GET THE WORD OUT.

I'll do my part. I'll take care of Rocky Mount I know alot of people and they will pass the word along too.

Be sure and tell everyone at church tomorrow. That's the fastest way to do it!!
Gerald

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jul 2, 2011
You people from this area crack me up. What you hate the most you love the most and whatever stinks well thats what you you want to roll around in. The more you fuss the better their business gets. Keep fussing and they will have so much business they can buy the whole state of va.Who needs tv you guys are like wathching a cage full of monkeys.

Since: Jul 11

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jul 2, 2011
i hate nelson!he's just a total prick! but cable 6 or charles roark keeps away a lot more people than nelson ever will! also,these guys we pay half a million to yearly to recruit jobs here,do not do jack shit but sit around with their thumbs up their asses waiting till the next payday!
MrT

Fredericksburg, VA

#12 Jul 2, 2011
Gerald wrote:
You people from this area crack me up. What you hate the most you love the most and whatever stinks well thats what you you want to roll around in. The more you fuss the better their business gets. Keep fussing and they will have so much business they can buy the whole state of va.Who needs tv you guys are like wathching a cage full of monkeys.
You protest too much. What we are doing must be known by the offenders.
fukthe sponsors i say

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jul 5, 2011
Gerald is full of $hit. He is on their payroll I bet.

For the people who bring jobs here, if they take one look at the news they'll run like the devil and get gone. I would also.

We need to start something big yall, and we need to do it now.
Gerald

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jul 6, 2011
fukthe sponsors i say wrote:
Gerald is full of $hit. He is on their payroll I bet.
For the people who bring jobs here, if they take one look at the news they'll run like the devil and get gone. I would also.
We need to start something big yall, and we need to do it now.
The only reason you are pissed is because Charles wont bone you anymore. You need to take that turd you,re using for a brain and use it on garden. Buttwipe
MrT

Saltville, VA

#15 Jul 6, 2011
Gerald wrote:
<quoted text> The only reason you are pissed is because Charles wont bone you anymore. You need to take that turd you,re using for a brain and use it on garden. Buttwipe
All the childish low-brow name-calling in the world does not change the facts that they put off anyone of intelligence running a company and the the cofC boys lied about who they were. So once your kindergarten class lets out ask your teacher to explain this to you.
Gerald

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Jul 6, 2011
MrT wrote:
<quoted text>
All the childish low-brow name-calling in the world does not change the facts that they put off anyone of intelligence running a company and the the cofC boys lied about who they were. So once your kindergarten class lets out ask your teacher to explain this to you.
Dear teacher, how often on this message board do,es one find a sentient being to communicate with? Why would any company want to come to this backwater town when about the smartest thing one will find is a possum crossing the road? Interests here run from name calling, minding your neighbors business and putting down someone else religion. Actual thinking here is taboo.
fukall sponsors everyone

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jul 7, 2011
Gerry, here you are again. You must have something to do with Roark. I, myself cannot find one person to say anything nice about him or any other employee, save the city council lady. I think you made a Freudian slip when you said that Roark won't blow him anymore. Is it that he's blowing you, instead?

You get on here, because you work for him, are him, are his mamma or are blowing him.

Which one is it Gerry?
Gerald

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jul 7, 2011
fukall sponsors everyone wrote:
Gerry, here you are again. You must have something to do with Roark. I, myself cannot find one person to say anything nice about him or any other employee, save the city council lady. I think you made a Freudian slip when you said that Roark won't blow him anymore. Is it that he's blowing you, instead?
You get on here, because you work for him, are him, are his mamma or are blowing him.
Which one is it Gerry?
Personally I,m glad Roark and Nelsons can do what they do. Do I agree with them no. Freedom of speech is the reason I take up for them. We,re losing our freedom very fast. If it was up to dumbasses like you the population would only be able to do the things you would have them do. If Roark wants to do dumb crap and bitch about the crooked cops in our area its called freedom of speech. Even when you say stupid crap and voice your ignorant opinion its called freedom of speech and I even take up for your right to do it. Dumbass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr William 2,442
Why won't Johnny intrude on a Catholic Church? 6 hr William 20
Questions for Catholic Ecclesial Communities 13 hr Mike_Peterson 48
Johnny Robertson denies his baptism.... WOW! Tue News Bit 55
Questions for Non-Catholic Ecclesial Communities Tue Mike_Peterson 91
Why the vulgar sex talk on Star News? May 31 JGF 9
AD 70 Doctrine Easily Refuted May 30 Barnsweb 12
More from around the web

Collinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]