Johnny Robertson FALLEN from grace

Johnny Robertson FALLEN from grace

Posted in the Collinsville Forum

Johnny Robertson FALLEN

Axton, VA

#1 Jan 30, 2013
One can watch a few shows or be a member at Martinsville Church of Christ and quickly see that the shows and Church services revolves around his ego. I’m not the only one who has noticed this. Many within the Church and afar off are aware of this. Seldom is Jesus referenced on his shows. Johnny Robertson is more interested in picking apart the flaws of others than he is in reaching lost souls. This spews over in the worship service too. Often, PowerPoint is used to show clips of what this person said or what this Church says. Sometimes, he even runs clips from his own shows during Church service. And, NEVER do you hear him discussing the many problems within the Church of Christ. Why not? Well, simply put, it would show him to be like the rest of us – IMPERFECT. He falls short with morality and doctrinally, just as everyone else. But, pride comes before the fall and he dare not acknowledge his short-comings nor will he disclose information regarding the many disagreements within the Church of Christ; and folks these are not just some minor disagreements, they involve doctrine.

Johnny’s “Doctrine of Christ” becomes whatever he deems it to be. Also, there is so much disagreement over “the gospel”-- not the Gospel about Jesus, but the gospel of scriptural interpretation. If you teach something like one cup MUST be used during communion, the multiple cuppers are labeled preaching “another gospel.” Many splits have occurred because one group says the other Church of Christ sect is preaching “another gospel.” This is why you do not hear Johnny mentioning the Collinsville Church of Christ or Chatham Church of Christ or the others in neighboring Martinsville. Johnny has labeled them wayward brethren. Johnny Robertson’s teaching on the “Doctrine of Christ” and Paul’s teaching to the Galatians are twisted and ripped from context and then used to divide the Church – a sin that Paul condemned strongly. Johnny Robertson is a master at such misapplication of scripture, often ripping a verse from its context and giving his own private interpretation which we are warned not to do.

Cults are masters of scripture manipulation and this brings me to the million dollar question: Is John Robertson a cult leader? YES!! Not only am I saying this but other Ministers within the Church of Christ agree. Is the Church of Christ a cult? NO!! Many conservative Church of Christ are loving people, teaching the truth in love, not wanting to control people’s minds, but lead them to Christ. Johnny Robertson wants his cultish ego fed and many afar off are starting to see this.
Mark McMinnis

Danville, VA

#2 Feb 9, 2013
The writer of this comment says...
"Cults are masters of scripture manipulation and this brings me to the million dollar question: Is John Robertson a cult leader? YES!! Not only am I saying this but other Ministers within the Church of Christ agree. Is the Church of Christ a cult? NO!! Many conservative Church of Christ are loving people, teaching the truth in love, not wanting to control people’s minds, but lead them to Christ. Johnny Robertson wants his cultish ego fed and many afar off are starting to see this.

Question, WHO IS THE REAL CULT?
Johnny signs his name to his comments, Johnny will offer you or any reputable source to come on live tv and debate the issues at no cost to you and if you are truly a "minister within the church of Christ" as your post certainly implies then why not come out of the dark...Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Mar 22 sam i am 145
the church of Christ insider discussion boards (Aug '10) Mar 20 Democrappy ... 12
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Feb '17 YEPP 4
My girl Jan '17 The wonderer 1
Is there anything to do here??? Bored..... Jan '17 ATTheWizard85 1
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Dec '16 Credal Drone 305
THE CHILDREN of THE GOD MOST HIGH (May '14) Dec '16 randy 6

Collinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collinsville Mortgages