Is there any love left at all?

Is there any love left at all?

Posted in the Collinsville Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Germantown, TN

#1 Mar 19, 2013
When I read these comments I feel sad, very sad. Honestly, when is the last time Johnny, James, Mark or Micah attacked the image of a denominational teacher? Called them names and accused them with no evidence of truth. They simply attack the doctrine which is not of God.

These discussions give me one thought.. "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works there of are evil." - John 7:7.. Words of our savior.

You do not dislike Johnny or James etc.. Because of their personality or style. You dislike them because they USE THE BIBLE TO REFUTE FALSE DOCTRINE.

You do not like them using the Bible for its purpose.. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for correction and for our instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16. The Bible is made to show truth and answer lies.

I have lived with Johnny. I have talked with him about the sad state of religion. The division and malice that is in it. Paul said, "my hearts desire is that you may be saved." Romans 10:1. That's all we want. Be saved the way the Bible says. We are not our for gain, for fame and glory. We are out to fulfill a commandment.( 2 Tim 4:2; John 16:15)

Do not trust what anyone says by just their word. We use the bible not our opinions. "There is a way which seemeth right into a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death". Just because I think it's right does not mean a thing. It's what the bible says that matters.

Johnny uses the Bible alone. What else would you have him do that would make him more acceptable?

Paul said, "though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have no charity (love), I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2.

Christ prayed for unity.(John 17). Can we not be unified in order to serve and glorify God? The only way to do that is by His word.( John 8:32, 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17). Can we not serve God the way HE has commanded? Can we not have charity now? Or have our conscience been seared?(1 Timothy 4:2).

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 20, 2013
2 Timothy 2:23-25: Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth,

Proverbs 10:12: Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.

Proverbs 16:28: A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.

Proverbs 29:22: A man of wrath stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes much transgression.

Proverbs 26:20: For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.

Proverbs 20:3: It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife, but every fool will be quarreling.

Titus 3:1-3: Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another.

6:50am
Wed
3/20/2013
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Mar 20, 2013
CRob93 wrote:
When I read these comments I feel sad, very sad. Honestly, when is the last time Johnny, James, Mark or Micah attacked the image of a denominational teacher? Called them names and accused them with no evidence of truth. They simply attack the doctrine which is not of God.
These discussions give me one thought.. "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works there of are evil." - John 7:7.. Words of our savior.
You do not dislike Johnny or James etc.. Because of their personality or style. You dislike them because they USE THE BIBLE TO REFUTE FALSE DOCTRINE.
You do not like them using the Bible for its purpose.. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for correction and for our instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16. The Bible is made to show truth and answer lies.
I have lived with Johnny. I have talked with him about the sad state of religion. The division and malice that is in it. Paul said, "my hearts desire is that you may be saved." Romans 10:1. That's all we want. Be saved the way the Bible says. We are not our for gain, for fame and glory. We are out to fulfill a commandment.( 2 Tim 4:2; John 16:15)
Do not trust what anyone says by just their word. We use the bible not our opinions. "There is a way which seemeth right into a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death". Just because I think it's right does not mean a thing. It's what the bible says that matters.
Johnny uses the Bible alone. What else would you have him do that would make him more acceptable?
Paul said, "though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have no charity (love), I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2.
Christ prayed for unity.(John 17). Can we not be unified in order to serve and glorify God? The only way to do that is by His word.( John 8:32, 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17). Can we not serve God the way HE has commanded? Can we not have charity now? Or have our conscience been seared?(1 Timothy 4:2).
If I remember right, the followers of Jim Jones, an ordained Disciples of Christ minister, thought he could do no wrong. Seems to me you are ready to drink the kool aide.
nobody

Vanceburg, KY

#4 Mar 20, 2013
CRob93 wrote:
When I read these comments I feel sad, very sad. Honestly, when is the last time Johnny, James, Mark or Micah attacked the image of a denominational teacher? Called them names and accused them with no evidence of truth. They simply attack the doctrine which is not of God.
These discussions give me one thought.. "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works there of are evil." - John 7:7.. Words of our savior.
You do not dislike Johnny or James etc.. Because of their personality or style. You dislike them because they USE THE BIBLE TO REFUTE FALSE DOCTRINE.
You do not like them using the Bible for its purpose.. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for correction and for our instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16. The Bible is made to show truth and answer lies.
I have lived with Johnny. I have talked with him about the sad state of religion. The division and malice that is in it. Paul said, "my hearts desire is that you may be saved." Romans 10:1. That's all we want. Be saved the way the Bible says. We are not our for gain, for fame and glory. We are out to fulfill a commandment.( 2 Tim 4:2; John 16:15)
Do not trust what anyone says by just their word. We use the bible not our opinions. "There is a way which seemeth right into a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death". Just because I think it's right does not mean a thing. It's what the bible says that matters.
Johnny uses the Bible alone. What else would you have him do that would make him more acceptable?
Paul said, "though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have no charity (love), I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2.
Christ prayed for unity.(John 17). Can we not be unified in order to serve and glorify God? The only way to do that is by His word.( John 8:32, 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17). Can we not serve God the way HE has commanded? Can we not have charity now? Or have our conscience been seared?(1 Timothy 4:2).
I don't know if Johnny uses the bible alone now or not but he used to use other aids. Mike Conner seemed to harp bible alone about something earlier and if that is their policy now then it has changed. I can tell you the reasonit has change dis because the aids they were using to "pick and choose" facts for their doctrines were against a lot of what they were teaching. They really don't want anyone looking at those sources on their own so maybe they have made a new rule.
New Guy

Grayson, KY

#5 Mar 20, 2013
"We use the Bible not our opinions".

Now THAT is debatable.

Since: Aug 10

Germantown, TN

#6 Mar 20, 2013
Do you have an example of an opinion that has been taught?

What else is used besides the Bible?

Comparing reading and obeying the Bible to Jim Jones is a dangerous thing. We're not asking follow a man. We ask listen to the Bible.

Christ told there would be those that were saved and those that were lost.(Matthew 7:13-14)

Christ told there would be false teachers! Matthew 7:15.

Are you mad at the Bible or Johnny or a man that teaches it? Of course everyone that is openly living outside of Christ is going to hate truth no matter how it is presented.( John 3:19-21)

How would you like a man to present truth? I would like to hear straight from the Bible. That's what our goal is.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7 Mar 20, 2013
CRob93 wrote:
Christ prayed for unity.(John 17). Can we not be unified in order to serve and glorify God?
We don't have unity with Johnny Robertson because we want to serve and glorify God.

Johnny uses wicked activities more than he uses the Bible. Johnny Robertson lies about people. He slanders people. He tries to break apart families. He lies about innocent children, when Jesus had strong words about that. Johnny is an evil man who wants to be a celebrity more than he wants to be a servant of God.

We don't have unity with Johnny Robertson because we follow the Bible. 2nd Corinthians 6:14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

Johnny is darkness and we want nothing to do with him.

Johnny, Mark, James and others in their "churches" claim they are the light and we are in darkness. Johnny hates everyone who is not part of his "Church of Christ". He boasted once even that he wanted to "defeat destroy" people he disagreed with.

Johnny Robertson is a hateful man and we can't have unity with him because we follow the Bible.

1st John 2:9 "He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now."

Since: Aug 10

Germantown, TN

#8 Mar 20, 2013
If Johnny left and The Church of Christ did not exist in martinsville Virginia you would have just as much, if not more division. Do you think the denominations would come together if The Church of Christ was not there? baptist laugh at mormons and mormons think Jehovah's witnesses are going to hell.

Is the church of which you are apart found in the scriptures?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9 Mar 20, 2013
CRob93 wrote:
If Johnny left and The Church of Christ did not exist in martinsville Virginia you would have just as much, if not more division.
You're right. Humans are not perfect. Except for Johnny, Mark and James. Mark said even that he was perfect awhile back. Because he was in the Church of Christ.

Danville is the City of Churches. More churches than anybody can count. Guess what? We don't have to agree on every tiny detail. We all follow Christ. We already have the unity that Christ prayed for. It's not perfect unity but it's unity.
CRob93 wrote:
Do you think the denominations would come together if The Church of Christ was not there? baptist laugh at mormons and mormons think Jehovah's witnesses are going to hell.
Where you see division, we see fallen people in need of God's grace. Johnny Robertson's kind of Church of Christ puts people under burden of hyperlegalism. Johnny's Church of Christ keeps people from the grace of God they need and want.

Denominations don't have to come together. They certainly aren't going to come together under men who think they're hot stuff because they stole the words "churches of Christ" from the Bible.
CRob93 wrote:
Is the church of which you are apart found in the scriptures?
Yes it is.

Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
Mike Conner

Lockhart, TX

#10 Mar 20, 2013
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if Johnny uses the bible alone now or not but he used to use other aids. Mike Conner seemed to harp bible alone about something earlier and if that is their policy now then it has changed. I can tell you the reasonit has change dis because the aids they were using to "pick and choose" facts for their doctrines were against a lot of what they were teaching. They really don't want anyone looking at those sources on their own so maybe they have made a new rule.
I dont remember saying anything about "bible alone" in the sense of not using a lexicon to further establish a point.

But I do remember y'all's buddy Jason ridiculing someone about using a lexicon. And I dont see him saying anything about New guy using one to prove a musical instrument in new testament worship.

Not very consistent.
nobody

Vanceburg, KY

#11 Mar 20, 2013
Mike Conner wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont remember saying anything about "bible alone" in the sense of not using a lexicon to further establish a point.
But I do remember y'all's buddy Jason ridiculing someone about using a lexicon. And I dont see him saying anything about New guy using one to prove a musical instrument in new testament worship.
Not very consistent.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...
Mike Conner wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Nobody running to a lexicon above? Will you say something to him? He introduced a lexicon into this discussion. Now he is changing the subject.
Post 59.
nobody

Vanceburg, KY

#12 Mar 20, 2013
Just Christian is complaining about New Guy using Vine's and he turns right around and uses Strong's ???? Is that typical CoC pattern or what? Are you going to discuss musical instruments in the new thread New Guy started? He invited everyone and the more input, the more information to help people making up their mind on this issue. Hope you join in.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Mar 20, 2013
Mike Conner wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont remember saying anything about "bible alone" in the sense of not using a lexicon to further establish a point.
But I do remember y'all's buddy Jason ridiculing someone about using a lexicon. And I dont see him saying anything about New guy using one to prove a musical instrument in new testament worship.
Not very consistent.
Jason? Huh?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14 Mar 20, 2013
I didn't see the link....sorry. I seriously doubt that being Jason who use to preach.
Mike Conner

Lockhart, TX

#15 Mar 20, 2013
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...
<quoted text>Post 59.
Did not jason tell me to burn my debate books and lexicons and make my argument from the bible?

My question was....is jason going to tell new guy to burn his lexicons?

I dont have a problem with someone reinforceing an argument with a lexicon. Our arguments should be from scripture, but I dont see a problem using a lexicon or showing what the original language says.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#16 Mar 20, 2013
Far as lexicons......what lexicon did those in the early church use when Paul wrote his epistles? I'm guessing the old testament.
Mike Conner

Lockhart, TX

#17 Mar 20, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
I didn't see the link....sorry. I seriously doubt that being Jason who use to preach.
Im pretty sure that it is.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#18 Mar 20, 2013
Jason who use to preach is on my Facebook and best Ii can tell, he isn't interested in these sort of talks.
Mike Conner

Lockhart, TX

#19 Mar 20, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
Jason who use to preach is on my Facebook and best Ii can tell, he isn't interested in these sort of talks.
I might be wrong. Its just someone said he didnt want to preach in the school there. And he made a few comments that sounded like he had known johnny. But I could be wrong.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#20 Mar 20, 2013
Where is the post that someone said Jason didn't want to attend Johnnys preaching school?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) Jun 18 Kevo8263 32
Catholics (Feb '14) Jun 17 mpetershat 3,338
Sarah Smith nude ! (Jul '12) Jun 13 sarasmith 2
The Bible teaches that the Earth will never end (Apr '15) May '16 Anonymous 38
thomas jefferson edwards Apr '16 nuks67 2
Norm Fields – FORMER employee of Johnny Robertson (Feb '12) Apr '16 GunFighter 29
Stop erasing my comments! Apr '16 Truth teller 1

Collinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collinsville Mortgages