Baptism saves through the resurrectio...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#41 Nov 16, 2012
1 Peter 3 21 wrote:
Water baptism does not seem to be what Peter has in view in 1Peter 3:21. The English word "baptism" is simply a transliteration of the Greek word baptizo, which means "to immerse." Baptizo does not always refer to water baptism in the New Testament (cf. Matthew 3:11; Mark 1:8; 7:4; 10:38-39; Luke 3:16; 11:38; 12:50; John 1:33; Acts 1:5; 11:16; 1 Corinthians 10:2; 12:13). Peter is not talking about immersion in water, as the phrase "not the removal of dirt from the flesh" indicates. He is referring to immersion in Christ's death and resurrection through "an appeal to God for a good conscience," or repentance.
Amen to all those passages.

Please list the passages that only talk about water baptism.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Whitman

Earlysville, VA

#42 Nov 17, 2012
what does "not the removal of dirt from the flesh mean" by Peter. You need go right ahead and be Catholic cause you just a step away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Wed sam i am 145
the church of Christ insider discussion boards (Aug '10) Mar 20 Democrappy ... 12
dr.joel smithers Feb '17 YEPP 4
My girl Jan '17 The wonderer 1
Is there anything to do here??? Bored..... Jan '17 ATTheWizard85 1
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Dec '16 Credal Drone 305
THE CHILDREN of THE GOD MOST HIGH (May '14) Dec '16 randy 6

Collinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collinsville Mortgages