Martinsville - Same Old Story

Martinsville - Same Old Story

Posted in the Collinsville Forum

BLUEDEVIL1

United States

#1 Feb 1, 2006
Well the folks in Martinsville & Henry County continue down the same old path. Just 3 years ago the 2 localities paid Wayne Sterling $200,000 a year to try and bring new industries to martinsville & Henry County. He lasted just over a year, brought in 2 companies which were questionable and didn't last and then he left the area along with a lot of taxpayers money ( salary ). Now, the 2 localities have hired a gentleman from the Lake Norman area of North Carolina at an annual salary of $160,000 to try his luck at bringing in new companies. Comparing the Lake Norman area ( located just outside of Charlotte, NC ), and the Martinsville & Henry County area would be like comparing oranges and lemons. The Lake Norman community is an upscale suburb of Charlotte while the Martinsville area is like, well kind of the opposite. Let's hope they get something out of this $160,000 a year salary than they got out of Wayne Sterling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Apr '17 William 147
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Apr '17 Barnsweb 9
Speak Out Bassett Virginia !!!! (Jul '15) Apr '17 Bill 6
My girl Apr '17 Bill 3
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Apr '17 James A Farmer 45
the church of Christ insider discussion boards (Aug '10) Mar '17 Democrappy ... 12
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Feb '17 YEPP 4

Collinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collinsville Mortgages