First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike Conner

Ballwin, MO

#21 Dec 31, 2012
New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an example of what I mean. When I reach the 'invitation' point of the message (real Biblical too isn't it), I don't say anything about "God's plan of salvation". I basically say that if anyone wants to become a Christian, here's what the Bible says we need to do. We talk of faith, repentance, confession, and baptism. The term plan of salvation is just 'churchspeak' for the initiated. Simply saying what needs to be said is good enough. How many times have we as the coc been attacked for using terms that we came up with? Why give the opposition fuel for the fire?
I understand your point. But I would answer someone in a denomination the same. Form and plan are both appropriate to use in describing the conditions for salvation.

And during the invitation I don't usually hear plan of salvation either. But if it is used its biblical to say.
New Guy

Lexington, KY

#22 Dec 31, 2012
Mike Conner wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your point. But I would answer someone in a denomination the same. Form and plan are both appropriate to use in describing the conditions for salvation.
And during the invitation I don't usually hear plan of salvation either. But if it is used its biblical to say.
I understand your point, and I do actually agree with you. I see nothing wrong with talking about a plan of salvation. The problem we run into is when those very vocal critics say "I thought you only speak where the Bible speaks and are silent when the Bible is silent. Where does that plan of salvation appear? You can't find it in there." You know that it happens-just look at some of the silliness on here. The coc could make things easier on itself at times by the terms and phrases we use though.

Since: Dec 12

Royse City, TX

#23 Dec 31, 2012
New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your point, and I do actually agree with you. I see nothing wrong with talking about a plan of salvation. The problem we run into is when those very vocal critics say "I thought you only speak where the Bible speaks and are silent when the Bible is silent. Where does that plan of salvation appear? You can't find it in there." You know that it happens-just look at some of the silliness on here. The coc could make things easier on itself at times by the terms and phrases we use though.
Totally agree, Dave. It is hard to tell other to stick to 'what does the bible say' when we opt for catchphrases ourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How does the Spirit teach? 7 hr Fred 14
Answering the Church of Christ Jan 29 Mike_Peterson 13
you guys on here ar to blame Jan 28 Ernie 15
Lee Gilley shooting.... Jan 27 Penultimate 2
Lee Gilley shooting.... Jan 22 worriedfriend 1
rapture? Jan 22 Anonymous 3
Catholics (Feb '14) Jan 20 Mike_Peterson 2,111
Collinsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web