No charges filed yet in triple-fatali...

No charges filed yet in triple-fatality in Granite City

There are 31 comments on the Belleville News Democrat story from May 14, 2012, titled No charges filed yet in triple-fatality in Granite City. In it, Belleville News Democrat reports that:

Granite City Police Chief Major Jeff Connor said potential charges against a driver who may have been involved in a car accident in Granite City early Saturday morning were not filed Sunday, but the investigation will continue Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News Democrat.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
someone who knows

Belleville, IL

#1 May 14, 2012
YES! It is complete and utter BullShit!

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 May 14, 2012
how so?
idk how

Chicago, IL

#3 May 14, 2012
I heard he got out a lil bit ago. if it comes to charging him with the deaths, he will run and not turn himself in... and justice will not be served. so unfair to those families.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 May 14, 2012
What did HE supposedly do?
idk how

Chicago, IL

#5 May 14, 2012
rumor is he and the ones that didn't make it had got into an argument at qt and he was chasing them.. clipped their car and that's what caused the accident. just what I heard. but if he got out, maybe it's not true. unless he just posted bond. I just hope for some truth, peace and justice for the families of the victims.
confirmatnb4cond emnatn

Belleville, IL

#6 May 14, 2012
ok, my first question for confirmation before I say anymore is does this Shawn person drive a white truck?
idk how

Chicago, IL

#7 May 14, 2012
confirmatnb4condemnatn wrote:
ok, my first question for confirmation before I say anymore is does this Shawn person drive a white truck?
from what I know yes
EMM

Granite City, IL

#8 May 14, 2012
http://www.facebook.com/ #!/granitepolice

According to the GDPD's facebook page, no charges have been filed. Take a look...
confirmatnb4cond emnatn

Belleville, IL

#9 May 14, 2012
EMM wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/gra nitepolice
According to the GDPD's facebook page, no charges have been filed. Take a look...
Yes, I knew about this earlier; however, it doesn't change the FACTS - what they are saying is that they don't have enough to charge AT THIS TIME - this can change and if any justice is to be served it WILL change
Nice

Garden City, MI

#10 May 14, 2012
EMM wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/gra nitepolice
According to the GDPD's facebook page, no charges have been filed. Take a look...
Thank you for sharing.
heartbroken

Du Quoin, IL

#11 May 14, 2012
If anyone knows anything plz come forward we deserve to know the truth about what really happen that night and we will not stop till we get it!!! R.I.P. Johnny, Rhonda & Krystal you will be missed very much!!!!
confirmatnb4cond emnatn

Troy, IL

#12 May 14, 2012
that's the probem heartbroken, it sounds like the police WAS told what happened, what the witness saw...but for whatever reason, they do not have enough to charge him - I pray they find the evidence they need - I have never even heard of this person before this tragedy and I asked above if he drove a white truck...one person confirmed that he did - and if he does then he WAS involved

EVEN IF he SAYS he wasn't the cause, then why flee the scene?? why not stop to help??
A grandmother

United States

#13 May 14, 2012
Thanks to all for your condolences & kind words & prayer's. The investigation is still going on, but I would like to let everyone know that the reason for the unfortunate wreck WAS due to speeding & going off of road & trying to correct the car back onto road caused car to go across street as the car slid sideways thru fence hitting a slope causing it to go airborne into a tree and landing upside-down. To clarify.... Shawn was arrested for a warrant. Anything else is so far hear-say, and we would like to hope that yous would honor us & our families and hold off on all the other allegations until after the Investigators finish their job for they are great at what they do and they will let us know of anything else IF there is somin else to the accident. Thanks again do very very much for ALL your support.
ursorite

Chicago, IL

#14 May 14, 2012
confirmatnb4condemnatn wrote:
that's the probem heartbroken, it sounds like the police WAS told what happened, what the witness saw...but for whatever reason, they do not have enough to charge him - I pray they find the evidence they need - I have never even heard of this person before this tragedy and I asked above if he drove a white truck...one person confirmed that he did - and if he does then he WAS involved

EVEN IF he SAYS he wasn't the cause, then why flee the scene?? why not stop to help??
sounds like you need to go to the police with what you claim to know
Abc

Granite City, IL

#15 May 15, 2012
The truth will come out and the guilty will pay!
hitler2

Granite City, IL

#16 May 15, 2012
The man driving the white truck was also drinking and driving and had no license. Dui driving without a license is a felony. He got out of that too. Makes u think huh?

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#17 May 15, 2012
hitler2 wrote:
The man driving the white truck was also drinking and driving and had no license. Dui driving without a license is a felony. He got out of that too. Makes u think huh?
he struck a deal by giving up the identity of billdo...

Since: May 12

United States

#19 May 15, 2012
I am Roland hear me roar!!
HeyRoland

Granite City, IL

#20 May 15, 2012
Why don't you STFU?! Starved for attention much? Give it a rest already, Loser.

Since: May 12

United States

#21 May 15, 2012
I love how people are so sad when people die....and u miss them so. When they were alive u didn't hear anything about them,suddenly they are your best friends....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) 3 hr watched him 179
The Game (Feb '10) 19 hr You just lost 3
where did it go? (Apr '15) Fri Helpful 2
Trenton P Fri Themovement 4
24 - 33 year old crowd??? (Nov '09) Fri Themovement 4
Hot pizza delivery guy (Nov '13) Fri Voodoo 3
Who is the hottest chick in town? (May '09) Fri Cometomyside 13

Collinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collinsville Mortgages