Zepetella's Restaurant disaster and f...

Zepetella's Restaurant disaster and family betrayal

Posted in the Collinsville Forum

Bringer of Truth

United States

#1 Jun 22, 2010
For years there was a successful family restaurant in Collinsville, Illinois owned by the Luksan family. Many were lead to believe that Fred and Linda Kaspar were sole owners of the place for years, which was not true. They just stole money from the place throughout the years. It was only in it's last handful of the years of business that the Kaspar's became part owners of the place. The place was split between the Kaspars and Linda Kaspar's sister Susie. At that point, then the problems really accelerated. The Kaspars took complete advantage of the situation and proceeded to drive a great restaurant into extinction, while draining their mother's and Susie's bank accounts. Fred was on the payroll to only send overcooked, substandard foods out to the customers. As a result of their greed and laziness, Zepetella's doors eventually had to close. Fred and Linda had played a large role in completely draining their mother and sisters entire savings, and they had no plans to put money into the business that they partially owned. Now years after it's closing, the Kaspars deny ever owning the place, but for years they paraded around town claiming to be sole owners. IN MORE CURRENT NEWS, after squeezing their sister's bank account dry, now Fred and Linda Kaspar are suing Susie, their own sister, for over $40,000.00. Money debt that Fred owes to some local food supplier. They have also left Susie to drown in other debts, such as with the IRS. So, if you think that Fred and Linda Kaspar are or were good people, think again. No person with any kind of heart would screw their own sister like that, nor would steal from their own mother. With family like that who needs enemies right??
people r people

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Jun 25, 2010
When r we going to learn not to mix business and Family. Its no secret that family will be the first to take advantage of a situation. Hire people u don't know. Better workers and u still have family.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Jun 25, 2010
i never had a problem with any of the kind folks that own that restaurant...

actually, when a friend of mine was down and out and needed a job...

they hired her on the spot and actually gave her some money to make sure she could get to and from work...
Bringer of Truth

Edwardsville, IL

#5 Jun 27, 2010
that is true ranger, because it was the money from Susie and her mother that paid the workers. "the true owners." In fact, Susie always made sure that the workers were paid, even when she had to refrain from paying her own bills. Not only that, but sacrificing almost everything that she had ever built in her life. Goodhearted folk. Fred and Linda professed to own the place, only to attempt to look like big shots. Now in the court system and on the record denying that they ever owned the place. It is a lame attempt to push debt that they have caused onto others. They never sacrificed anything for that place. The true owners only try to stand to fall in the end. It was a shame to see that place close.
Bringer of Truth

Edwardsville, IL

#6 Jun 27, 2010
Both sisters inherited a blessed business that one and her husband made a disaster of.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#7 Jun 28, 2010
Bringer of Truth wrote:
Both sisters inherited a blessed business that one and her husband made a disaster of.
i know of many other small and successful businesses that experience that fate..

the sense of entitlement the younger generations possess is terrible..
Duped Estafada

United States

#8 Jul 8, 2010
I think it is very naive to think that crimes inside families are rare. Last October I discovered that my sister and her husband had been stealing money from my mother and from me. When I confronted them, they never denied having done it. Now, they refuse to give the money back or help support my mother. I tried to sue them but it would cost me more than I can get. What happens is that people like Fred & Linda know that family members won't say or do anything to them because we are embarrassed to recognize that we have been duped by our own relatives or we do not want to cause problems to other family members (my nephews in my case). I started a blog ( www.sisterbetrayal.com ) to share my experience with others and provide a forum for other victims to express their anger and frustration. We need to open up and let others know so that we can stop these swindlers.
cali kid

Glen Carbon, IL

#9 Jul 19, 2011
Bringer of Truth wrote:
For years there was a successful family restaurant in Collinsville, Illinois owned by the Luksan family. Many were lead to believe that Fred and Linda Kaspar were sole owners of the place for years, which was not true. They just stole money from the place throughout the years. It was only in it's last handful of the years of business that the Kaspar's became part owners of the place. The place was split between the Kaspars and Linda Kaspar's sister Susie. At that point, then the problems really accelerated. The Kaspars took complete advantage of the situation and proceeded to drive a great restaurant into extinction, while draining their mother's and Susie's bank accounts. Fred was on the payroll to only send overcooked, substandard foods out to the customers. As a result of their greed and laziness, Zepetella's doors eventually had to close. Fred and Linda had played a large role in completely draining their mother and sisters entire savings, and they had no plans to put money into the business that they partially owned. Now years after it's closing, the Kaspars deny ever owning the place, but for years they paraded around town claiming to be sole owners. IN MORE CURRENT NEWS, after squeezing their sister's bank account dry, now Fred and Linda Kaspar are suing Susie, their own sister, for over $40,000.00. Money debt that Fred owes to some local food supplier. They have also left Susie to drown in other debts, such as with the IRS. So, if you think that Fred and Linda Kaspar are or were good people, think again. No person with any kind of heart would screw their own sister like that, nor would steal from their own mother. With family like that who needs enemies right??
Ate there for 30
Some odd years, never heard The Kaspars ever say they owned it, Just that Freddie was the cook, I knw everyone involved, Kaspars, cooks, waitresses and Susie....
Just a girl

Edwardsville, IL

#10 Jan 1, 2013
I used to work there in high school, and grew up eating there with my family and friends. I was there when Liz was in the kitchen and I knew Susie and her two kids. It's such a shame that greed and laziness ruined such a historical and landmark establishment. What comes around goes around and I hope Susie will not take the brunt of this forever.
Loved that place

New York, NY

#11 Jan 2, 2013
GREAT, now I can't stop thinking about their pizza! We would go there every Sunday morning when they unlocked the door when we stayed at our grandmas house. It was her favorite place to eat and became ours too. Even when I got older I would drive all the way to Collinsville for take-out pizza or chicken & dumplins. I sure miss that place. I never knew any of the workers or owners, but I'm sure grandma did. Sorry to hear about this.
Hazel Spillari

Griffin, GA

#12 Feb 3, 2013
I remember when it was Zeppatellas.I am now living in Ga.,but my kids still live in Collinsville.I loved that town,I just dont like the weather.Im sure a lot of you knew Yoyo Spillari (Cesar).That was my husband.Cesar Jr. Carlos and Linda all still live there.Gina lives here in Ga.also.It sure is a shame about the Family quarrel.I hope every thing works out for Susie.Im sure the Good Lord is in her corner.
G-Wiz

United States

#13 Feb 3, 2013
alot of the old Collinsville landmarks are gone. the Horseshoe hit hard times and finally died too.
Wysiwyg

Bridgeton, MO

#14 Feb 19, 2015
cali kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Ate there for 30
Some odd years, never heard The Kaspars ever say they owned it, Just that Freddie was the cook, I knw everyone involved, Kaspars, cooks, waitresses and Susie....
I know what you mean cali kid. I worked there for a while in the early to mid 80s and Liz was the sweetest kindest lady I had ever met, aside from my mother. I have been trying to find a waitress that I worked with but can't remember her last name, just Debbie. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Wysiwyg

Bridgeton, MO

#15 Mar 8, 2015
Just a girl wrote:
I used to work there in high school, and grew up eating there with my family and friends. I was there when Liz was in the kitchen and I knew Susie and her two kids. It's such a shame that greed and laziness ruined such a historical and landmark establishment. What comes around goes around and I hope Susie will not take the brunt of this forever.
I'm right there with you. I worked there for a while in the mid 80s and Liz was such a wonderful lady. I'm trying to find Debbie. She waitressed there for a while and I would love to see how she's doing but for the life of me, I can't remember her last name. Any help would be appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old taylor shop in O'fallon (Apr '10) 2 hr I can help 2
Ihop waitress (Jun '10) 3 hr Dont be shy 2
Say NO to Syrian Refugees 3 hr Trump 30
Jason Pugh 8 hr Hint 1
TRUMP in number one spot... (Jul '15) 14 hr TRUMP President o... 29
News Police have 'persons of interest' in Fairmont C... (Feb '08) 14 hr Stillneedjusticef... 78
News Two charged in connection with fatal stabbing i... (Oct '13) 20 hr Jerome Truth 216

Collinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collinsville Mortgages