Man says Collinsville police officer violated his rights during traffic stop

Mar 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KMOV-TV Saint Louis

COLLINSVILLE, Illinois -- An Ohio man says a Collinsville police officer violated his civil rights after he allegedly pulled him over for no apparent reason, then fabricated a reason to search his car.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Terry

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

typical Gestapo tactics. not restricted to Illinois i know but we should all shine the light on this type of behavior when encountered. Reichert is a disgrace and should go back to selling sunglasses.
"We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws."
Hunter S. Thompson
Livinoutinmo

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Seen the video and it is pathetic how this "officer" acted. An example of one of the many reason i will never live in my hometown of Collinsville or my homestate of Illinois again. I am feel so ashamed right now i am from this place :(

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

the guy deserved to have his vehicle checked..

he edited the hell out of the dash cam...

notice how his voice is louder than the officers voice by the way?

wonder what is on his arrest reco0rd that the officer saw?

he can cry all that he wants..fact is..i do not disagree with CPDs protocol/actions...

you all are falling for cheesy trickery...

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

He coerced the dog into a false positive instead of letting the dog work,now he can search illegally cause he got the dog to lie for him like he did in that drug case he was fired for lying. Wow and this guy got a badge somewhere else?God bless record expungement, oh wait how do we know that he was busted for selling counterfeit oakley sunglasses? How can we trust this man not to lie again when he's already proven he can do it in a court?How long is it before he starts "planting" evidence cause he doesn't like someone questioning authority? This stop was nothing but pure harassment and a blatant violation of that man's civil rights. PERIOD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

anon...

the guy has prior drug incidents and one OP...

he edited out quite a bit...

most of the things the officer said were stall tactics, yes..

the outcome of the court for the drug charges was resolved with probation..the arrest record is a totally different animal..

so when the officer asked about prior run ins with the law...the officer was alarmed at what he saw after the guy said he had no prior run ins with the law..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

How is this guy still a police officer wpr? Lying in a drug case, selling counterfeit goods. Next we'll have to trust felon's(which is what he should be for lying in a case)to be officers.How is it correct to have law breakers upholding the law, it isn't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

if he has done what he is accused of...i would not have a good answer for that...

when i went on my rant was because there is a lot of things the public does not see (the priors on the computer) and the segments left out by the trekky...

if the officer did something wrong..it is not difficult to get him and the entire department in a heap of trouble by calling the news and springfield...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

The dog scenario was crap too because I know a dogs nose is 50 times stronger than a humans, and if there was weed under the guys seat the dog would have keyed on it when he walked past the door where the scent would have been coming out for a period of time not in front of the vehicle because the wind was blowing that way.PURE HOGWASH.I've hunted with dogs, I know the power of their olfactory senses.
Livinoutinmo

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Anon, i agree with what you are saying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Blatant civil rights violation! I used to have some affiliation with CPD, and can tell you that a hand full of the officers have a huge hard on for the next big "highway drug bust". Why wouldn't the K9 officer want in on that action? Unfortunately, this kind of action isn't limited to CPD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

the white power ranger wrote:
the guy deserved to have his vehicle checked..

he edited the hell out of the dash cam...

notice how his voice is louder than the officers voice by the way?

wonder what is on his arrest reco0rd that the officer saw?

he can cry all that he wants..fact is..i do not disagree with CPDs protocol/actions...

you all are falling for cheesy trickery...
how did this guy "deserve" to have his car searched? The video says his arrest record was for a drug violation, but not convicted. Still does not give probable cause to search a vehicle! By agreeing with this officers actions, is disagreeing with the constitution!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

UnauthorizedUser wrote:
<quoted text>
how did this guy "deserve" to have his car searched? The video says his arrest record was for a drug violation, but not convicted. Still does not give probable cause to search a vehicle! By agreeing with this officers actions, is disagreeing with the constitution!
next time you renew your DL, read the contract for your DL...

in the state of illinois you do not have the "right" to drive...you have the "privilege" to drive..

the public streets are property of the state and local governments, ie federal roads...

when you do anything on a public roadway, you are doing so on a piece of government owned property with the privilege to do so by the state...

look..i am not saying that getting pulled over can be a pain in the ass...but traffic stops are actually (believe it or not) the better contributor to finding folks with outstanding warrants and those conducting illegal activities...

in this case..the police were looking for drugs..now if they would have found drugs..then what would you all be saying?

drug trafficers have clever ways to transport and the police must do their best..

was the chunky dunker beaten? strip searched, impounded?

he was inconvenienced for a while...

oh well...

hopefully the fat whiny douchebag was left with a foul taste in his mouth and he avoids the area next time a nerd fest is held...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Have you seen something called the constitution? Have you heard of illegal search and seizure? He can be pulled over, big deal. But, searching someone's property because he wants to, not because he has just probable cause, is a civil rights violation. It's about setting a precedence. If its allowed in this situation, then where does it stop?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

UnauthorizedUser wrote:
Have you seen something called the constitution? Have you heard of illegal search and seizure? He can be pulled over, big deal. But, searching someone's property because he wants to, not because he has just probable cause, is a civil rights violation. It's about setting a precedence. If its allowed in this situation, then where does it stop?
you are seriously misinformed about how things work...

nowhere in the US constitution does it spell out the right to drive..

hell we have the right to happiness...does this mean i no longer have to pay taxes because paying taxes makes me unhappy especially when i see some tax dollars going to perma-welfare folks and inmates??

nope i must pay those taxes because it is my duty to do so...the constitution does not work in such a manner and the police can search a vehicle and/or impound it...

sorry..but the fat trek nerd should have been honest with the collinsville officer...

he didnt seem to be be sweating cheetos though...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

<quoted text>you are seriously misinformed about how things work...

nowhere in the US constitution does it spell out the right to drive..

hell we have the right to happiness...does this mean i no longer have to pay taxes because paying taxes makes me unhappy especially when i see some tax dollars going to perma-welfare folks and inmates??

nope i must pay those taxes because it is my duty to do so...the constitution does not work in such a manner and the police can search a vehicle and/or impound it...

sorry..but the fat trek nerd should have been honest with the collinsville officer...

he didnt seem to be be sweating cheetos though...
wow, you really don't pay attention. I never said he had the right to drive. I understand that's a privelage. Technically current taxation is unconstitutional, for there is no (complete) representation on what the taxes are for. That's a whole different topic. The police can search/impound a vehicle with probable cause. A prior(or lying about a prior) is not probable cause, nor is a "hunch". Just because he walked a dog around the car and states, his dog "hit" on his car is immoral. You seem to feel strongly about the officer being right in his decision, but I have the feeling that you have no clue about IL law, civil code, or constitutional law! Like the law states, ignorance is no excuse. I'm just curious why someone is so complacent with having their civil liberties stripped from them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

UnauthorizedUser wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, you really don't pay attention. I never said he had the right to drive. I understand that's a privelage. Technically current taxation is unconstitutional, for there is no (complete) representation on what the taxes are for. That's a whole different topic. The police can search/impound a vehicle with probable cause. A prior(or lying about a prior) is not probable cause, nor is a "hunch". Just because he walked a dog around the car and states, his dog "hit" on his car is immoral. You seem to feel strongly about the officer being right in his decision, but I have the feeling that you have no clue about IL law, civil code, or constitutional law! Like the law states, ignorance is no excuse. I'm just curious why someone is so complacent with having their civil liberties stripped from them.
are you the fat guy that was driving the car?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

<quoted text>are you the fat guy that was driving the car?
if it makes you feel better about yourself, then yes

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

dont try to silence my opinion by agreeing with me..that is passive aggressive behavior..and that sort of thing is for those who give up on arguing...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

There is no point in arguing with an uneducated individual, that wants to argue, simply just to argue. It's very obvious that you hugely support CPD hanging out on the highway, and running traffic all day. Unfortunately, as you've stated in other posts, Collinsville has other problems to deal with (as noted in your cesspool comments). And police presence can be a huge deterrent to crime.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

thank you for seeing things the way they are which is the way that i see them also...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Collinsville Discussions

Search the Collinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 8 min Keepcrying 1,853
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Terry rigsby 48,832
girls girls girls 30 min Donnie 9
thank you 39 min jorge 1
Great Things Coming to Crest Hill 2 hr Tina the Doughnut Lady 14
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Chief49 3,825
Ill. Gov. to push for assault weapons ban 3 hr yeah sure 5
•••
•••
•••
Collinsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Collinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••