Ohio makes plans to execute inmates w...

Ohio makes plans to execute inmates with 1-drug method untried on prisoners

There are 6 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Nov 13, 2009, titled Ohio makes plans to execute inmates with 1-drug method untried on prisoners. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Ohio waded into uncharted territory Friday when it announced plans to switch from the usual three-drug cocktail used to execute inmates to a one-drug method that death penalty opponents praised as a step forward - albeit one that has apparently never been tried on prisoners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

r_u_nutz

Wooster, OH

#1 Nov 13, 2009
Heck, we should put the prisoners in for life to some good use..

Turn them into the governments guinea pigs for vaccines & this type of drug instead of those in the general public.. They will finally serve a purpose!!

Since: Sep 09

Cleveland, OH

#2 Nov 14, 2009
yeah well can't believe we are so dam worried about "humane" executions, should have kept the chair. These animals did not give a rat's ass about the pain and suffering their victims went through, as it is they are given the "so called death penality" then sit there for 20 years anyway on our tax dollars! Taken up space, breathing the same air. If they kidnap, rape, torture, kill an infant, child, or anyone else why the hell should we worry about pain in their last moment? What cowards right to the end. We got rid of the gas chambers and chairs for this now this method is too harsh so what..maybe we could tickle them to death? Just take them out back and shoot them!
LTG123

Tata, Hungary

#3 Nov 14, 2009
I hope Broom felt a LOT OF PAIN, still less than his victim did! This is ridicules, we keep alive murderers, rapists and perverts for what? The French used the guillotine, which meant you died within 30 days of sentencing - meaning anytime day or night you could die within 30 days! Keeping prisoners sentenced to death alive for years DOES NOT provide a deterrent to criminals!
Cooked in Cleveland

Elizabeth, NJ

#4 Nov 14, 2009
LTG123 wrote:
I hope Broom felt a LOT OF PAIN, still less than his victim did! This is ridicules, we keep alive murderers, rapists and perverts for what? The French used the guillotine, which meant you died within 30 days of sentencing - meaning anytime day or night you could die within 30 days! Keeping prisoners sentenced to death alive for years DOES NOT provide a deterrent to criminals!
I agee with you totaly. These people on death row didn't worry about the pain or suffering they caused their victims. Like it says in the bible an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. They should suffer the same as hteir victims. They should be taken immediately an put to death after conficted. This would be a deterent to others.
bob

Vermilion, OH

#5 Nov 14, 2009
I just don't understand what is wrong with rope you can reuse it
and is's cheap.
COPSWIFE

Northfield, OH

#6 Nov 14, 2009
Please explain why we care if it hurts the inmate! Probobly going to hurt when they are burning in hell too but we cant stop that! Lets bring back the firing squad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drug dealer has bond revokedNorwalk woman guilt... Feb 4 Friend 1
News Cocaine defendant gets 60-day jail sentenceDefe... Jan 14 admonjones 1
savannah crawford + byron crawford =SICK PUPPY ... Dec '15 i know 1
News 'Armed and dangerous' robber ID'd, still on the... Nov '15 ConcernedInWakeman 1
FAMILY CIRCLE Savannah Crawford ( Santiago ) ... Nov '15 Curious 1
News Monroeville, St. Paul district final gets even ... Oct '15 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Columbiana County Grand Jury Sep '15 GAPeach 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collins Mortgages