Ohio executions back on with 1-drug m...

Ohio executions back on with 1-drug method

There are 93 comments on the Topeka Capital-Journal story from Nov 14, 2009, titled Ohio executions back on with 1-drug method. In it, Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

Ohio's death chamber is set to resume executions next month using a single drug that has been used in the U.S. to euthanize pets but never to put condemned prisoners to death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topeka Capital-Journal.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Since: May 07

Cleveland, OH

#84 Nov 16, 2009
You know what works every time?

One bullet.

Giving these monsters a good case of lead poisoning is what they deserve.

-yernogood

Since: Oct 09

North Fort Myers, FL

#85 Nov 16, 2009
these are people wrote:
<quoted text>
Just trying to let you know how easy someone can end up in prison. There are many people in prison that deserve to be there, but there are also some that should not be. So when someone says they should all be put to death, no I do not agree with that.
OH that's fair, I'm with on that then.

-yernogood

North Fort Myers, FL

#86 Nov 16, 2009
Well I know Ted Bundy isn't killing anymore.

Since: May 08

Marrero, Louisiana

#87 Nov 16, 2009
How about lead poisoning?

“Play while you have hands”

Since: Feb 07

Växjö, Sweden

#89 Nov 17, 2009
Jim Trebowski wrote:
<quoted text> Heh..thx..I thought it was a funny picture too.
My post wasn't very clear, I suppose, but what I meant is that the link I provided earlier in this thread showed that there was as much as a 40% or more difference of murder rates in states that have the DP as opposed to those that don't. Yes, I'm sure there are many factors involved, but unless anyone can provide numbers to support that the DP is an effective deterrent and not just a "feel good" measure for victims families, I have to side with no state-sponsored killing.
It's impossible to say what would have been if the circumstances was different. We can't tell if the murder rates would have been higher if they didn't have the death penalty or the other way around. Personally I don't think that it is a deterrent and I agree with what you say.

Växjö, Sweden

#90 Nov 17, 2009
Algernon Sidney wrote:
<quoted text>What is the difference between an "effective deterrent" and an ineffective deterrent? Why don't the families of victim's deserve to see justice done for the murder victims? What have they done that is so much worse than what the murderers have done? Is the pursuit of justice merely a "feel good" activity?
Remember that it's just your idea of justice. I wan the families of these victim's to see justice as well, but that does not involve killing anyone. And that is, of course, just my idea of justice as well.

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Cleveland, OH

#91 Nov 17, 2009
In case you are wondering what kind of legal shenanigans await as the terrorist mass-murderer Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is tried in a civilian court that usually handles tax evaders and insider traders, here's a foretaste.

Far-left whackjob Ninth Circuit Judge Stephen Reinhardt (a Jimmy Carter appointee) has just been overturned by the Supreme Court on a death penalty case ... for the third time.

The murderer Reinhardt is going to bat for over and over again bludgeoned a woman to death with a dumb-bell and left her to die (she was still fighting for life when paramedics arrived) in order to steal $100 in beer and drug money.

An AIDS-ridden cockroach is making better use of my oxygen than this piece of filth.

And every time he overturns the death penalty, Reinhardt finds a completely different justification. In one appeal, he said that the piece of human filth was well represented by his defense counsel. In the next appeal, he claims defense counsel was inadequate. First, he says that sufficient evidence was presented at trial. Then, he claims mitigating evidence was left out.

"If the jury had heard even a portion of the available humanizing ... testimony, it is likely that at least one juror would have chosen to spare Belmontes' life," Judge Stephen Reinhardt said in the majority opinion.

Why is the progressive left all about trying to make life easier for brutal criminals, and harder for law-abiding taxpayers?

The same people who want Mumia freed and wanted to save the worthless life of Tookie Williams want KSM to have a "fair trial" in a civilian court.

Maybe Obama can save Reinhardt future deliberations by just pardoning the piece of filth and getting him a job with ACORN.

Has Reinhardt considered the Chewbacca Defense?

-yernogood

North Fort Myers, FL

#92 Nov 17, 2009
Jeffery Wright wrote:
In case you are wondering what kind of legal shenanigans await as the terrorist mass-murderer Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is tried in a civilian court that usually handles tax evaders and insider traders, here's a foretaste.
Far-left whackjob Ninth Circuit Judge Stephen Reinhardt (a Jimmy Carter appointee) has just been overturned by the Supreme Court on a death penalty case ... for the third time.
The murderer Reinhardt is going to bat for over and over again bludgeoned a woman to death with a dumb-bell and left her to die (she was still fighting for life when paramedics arrived) in order to steal $100 in beer and drug money.
An AIDS-ridden cockroach is making better use of my oxygen than this piece of filth.
And every time he overturns the death penalty, Reinhardt finds a completely different justification. In one appeal, he said that the piece of human filth was well represented by his defense counsel. In the next appeal, he claims defense counsel was inadequate. First, he says that sufficient evidence was presented at trial. Then, he claims mitigating evidence was left out.
"If the jury had heard even a portion of the available humanizing ... testimony, it is likely that at least one juror would have chosen to spare Belmontes' life," Judge Stephen Reinhardt said in the majority opinion.
Why is the progressive left all about trying to make life easier for brutal criminals, and harder for law-abiding taxpayers?
The same people who want Mumia freed and wanted to save the worthless life of Tookie Williams want KSM to have a "fair trial" in a civilian court.
Maybe Obama can save Reinhardt future deliberations by just pardoning the piece of filth and getting him a job with ACORN.
Has Reinhardt considered the Chewbacca Defense?
I got as far as the second sentence and just quit as it was quite obvious this is a statement of opinion and not knowledge as this poster attempts to draw the reader into believing.

Indianapolis

#93 Nov 17, 2009
Retired2005 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't cost more to execute. It costs more to get through all the appeals, additional trials, lawyer fees, etc. to get to the point where the execution can actually be carried out.
With court costs, attorney fees, juries,etc. even on a local level, a trial can easily go over $1Million. When the accused can't foot the bill, the taxpayers do.
That $1Million appeal cost would house an inmate for more than 30 years, without the long, drawn out and often useless appeal process.
If that is the case, why not work on streamlining the appeal process for capital murder cases.
There is something wrong with your arithmetic. Now we are spending the 1 million on the trial then spending another 2 million to keep the sonofabitch for 40 years. Don't try to argue against the death penalty on financial grounds. It does not compute.
Oh yes, I am a liberal Democrat. Just not a bleeding heart liberal Democrat.

-yernogood

North Fort Myers, FL

#94 Nov 17, 2009
velogeezer wrote:
<quoted text> If that is the case, why not work on streamlining the appeal process for capital murder cases.
There is something wrong with your arithmetic. Now we are spending the 1 million on the trial then spending another 2 million to keep the sonofabitch for 40 years. Don't try to argue against the death penalty on financial grounds. It does not compute.
Oh yes, I am a liberal Democrat. Just not a bleeding heart liberal Democrat.
I think the very best and cheapest way to go about it would be at sentencing. Yeah, if they are sentenced to death just do it immediately that way they can say goodbye to their families and that’s fair being as they didn’t allow their victim to say goodbye to their family. It’d be real cheap that way too.
Algernon Sidney

Lakewood, OH

#95 Nov 20, 2009
Tove wrote:
Remember that it's just your idea of justice. I wan the families of these victim's to see justice as well, but that does not involve killing anyone. And that is, of course, just my idea of justice as well.
Your idea of justice is in a distinct minority. The idea of justice is really quite simple: people should be treated fairly and essentially the same.

Växjö, Sweden

#96 Nov 21, 2009
Algernon Sidney wrote:
<quoted text>Your idea of justice is in a distinct minority. The idea of justice is really quite simple: people should be treated fairly and essentially the same.
They should be treated fairly and essentially the same (from case to case), we can agree on that. If you're not talking about "an eye for an eye" that is. That is ridiculous for obvious reasons.

And my idea of justice might be in a minority if you would take all third world countries and the arab world into the calculation.

-yernogood

North Fort Myers, FL

#97 Nov 21, 2009
Tove wrote:
<quoted text>
They should be treated fairly and essentially the same (from case to case), we can agree on that. If you're not talking about "an eye for an eye" that is. That is ridiculous for obvious reasons.
And my idea of justice might be in a minority if you would take all third world countries and the arab world into the calculation.
I think you’re in the minority here in the US as well. I applaud states for killing these animals, I just wish they’d do it the day they were condemned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Life flight May 22 Matt 1
News Suspected burglar arrested shortly after incident (Aug '14) Mar '16 Trix 2
News Drug dealer has bond revokedNorwalk woman guilt... Feb '16 Friend 1
News Cocaine defendant gets 60-day jail sentenceDefe... Jan '16 admonjones 1
savannah crawford + byron crawford =SICK PUPPY ... Dec '15 i know 1
News 'Armed and dangerous' robber ID'd, still on the... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ConcernedInWakeman 1
FAMILY CIRCLE Savannah Crawford ( Santiago ) ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collins Mortgages