Man faces homicide charges in DUI deaths

COLLINS - A Sanford man faces vehicular homicide charges in the March deaths of two hurricane recovery workers from Missouri. Full Story
Lizzy

Bunceton, MO

#1 Aug 6, 2006
I personally don't understand Why this Man Geoffrey Hambric can Still be Out on the Streets doing whatever he Pleases.When he took the Life of Two innocent people.My cousin Mike was one of them,Growing up I spent alot of time with Mike and his Family,So I really considered Mike More of a Brother.He was such a careing boy that grew into a loving man.He was the type of person that help others in need.He loved to do things out doors.He came to Mississippi to help people in need.I last saw my cousin Christmas Eve with his Fiance'Paula,Now This Year when we have our Family Xmas,it will be a Sad one because this Man Geoffrey decided to Drink and Drive.It's NOT fair that he gets to go on doing whatever he wants,When Mike can't go on doing what he did and what he loved to do.Geoffrey Hambric not only killed Mike and Paula the night of March 11th,He took someone Special from Two FAMILIES and LOTS of FRIENDS.Nobody that Knew Mike will ever Forget him even though we won't ever get to see his Smile Again,Yes We have Pictures and Memories,But thats not the Same as having our Loved one back or by our side.I truly hope and Pray that Geoffrey Hambric will Pay for what he has done.We All Love and Miss You Dearly Mike!
Just a note

AOL

#2 Mar 20, 2008
Hey,
I read your blog and I truly can understand what you went through during this time, because my son's father not only got killed in an accident but brutally murdered and we never could make the one who did it pay for the crime. But I also knew Geoffrey Hambric who was a very caring family man who slipped and made the mistake to be out on the road when he had no right to be and took the lifes of your cousin and another person. People should never drink and drive, I agree, but as you wrote also it had been a crazy time after Hurricane Katrina, what is not an excuse but if you would have lived here you sure would use it, because most people can not even imagine what we here in Mississippi went through, because everybodies focus was on New Orleans and we got minimum help and security to live with. What you should know is that Geoffrey Hambric saved me more than once, including my son and my animals and I hate what he did and it kills me to this day that he did not took the necessary precausion to prevent it. But his wife and two young sons are struggeling as much to come to terms with your cousins and his friends death as you may will never accept and that is alright. Just know that he never intended to do as he did and we all can't change the tragedy that happened but mourn those lost, hate those responsible and hope to come to terms with it.

God bless your family
whatever

Gulfport, MS

#3 Jul 5, 2008
Mr Hambric still isnt getting what he deserves he is in jail but he should be there a lot longer than what he got..petition to get it longer...and for the record those werent his kids..
hattiesburg

Hattiesburg, MS

#4 Dec 2, 2008
For the record...Geoffrey married a woman who had been married before and had one child. He and his wife had one together. You might want to get your story straight.
A note after 3 years

Schopfheim, Germany

#5 Mar 11, 2009
Hey,
first of all let me say I'm sorry about your cousin Mike. But know let's talk about "this MAN" Geofrey Hambric.
Before you hit the first stone of justice make sure that you knew all the facts about this case.
Your cousin had been a beloved man but "this MAN" too.
Yes, Geoffrey Hambric had decided to drink and drive.
But did you know the truth? Your beloved cousin and his pal had been full of drugs and alcohol! And "this BOTH MEN" made a two lane race on the same road where "this MAN" has been driven.
"This MAN" tried to make way for "this BOTH MEN". But "this MAN" had no chance to make way and so he hit your beloved cousin and his pal and "this both MEN" died in a tragedic accident.
So what do you think for now?
Was it only "this MAN" fault? Or was there a big mistake by your beloved cousin and his pal.
For the future make sure that you know all the facts and after that you can hit the first stone!
PRW_MJB

United States

#6 Oct 23, 2009
To "A note after 3 years".. Yeah, who are you? His best friend? Mike's "PAL" as you so call her wasn't pumped full of drugs and alcohol... I've seen the autopsy report. I'm family. Also, it was a head on collision. Where are you getting your information from? Oh that's right, probably Geoffrey himself. I'm glad he's in jail. Its still hard for me to forgive your beloved friend/whatever he is.. is a murderer. Plain and simple. And its not like it was on purpose, but its not like he learned his lesson. Two weeks later, he goes and gets busted for being under the influence AGAIN. So, its not like he was so remorseful and asked God for forgiveness and went along living and was a better man. No, he goes and gets high on marijuana where he could have killed someone else. So, I'm sorry, but I don't feel sorry for your little friend and I don't believe in the LEAST BIT the story that you are portraying. I'm sure others don't believe it either. I hope Geoff really is changing in jail. I know Paula and Mike are with God, and I hope that Geoff's life changes so he can be one day too.. I hope no one steals his life away like Paula and Mike's were. God bless you all.
just me

Raymond, MS

#7 Jan 28, 2011
The past can never be changed or brought back. It is hard to forgive as long as you harbor hate and do not forgive. God sent his son to die for our wrongs,his son Jesus did nothing wrong but paid the price for our sins. No matter how long this person stays in jail it will never bring back what has been lost. My prayers are with both sides.
friend

Columbia, MO

#8 Feb 7, 2011
I just been searching on the internet trying to find out what did really happen to Mr. Hambric after the death of my two loved friends. Paula was a life long friend and Mike was a new found friend of mine. We just lost Paulas father and so I was jsut trying to find out what ever happen to her killer. I hope that he knows the pain he has caused her family and friends. I do realise that everyone makes mistakes and hopefully are forgiven but had received notice that this young person did NOT learn from this horrible tragedy. I pray for him and his family
Brother

Fayetteville, NC

#9 Sep 28, 2011
Geoff Hambric is my brother.I've been sitting here reading all of these comments and I just want to set a few things straight. First of all Geoff was in the wrong. Plain and simple. He should have never been on the road. I too have seen the reports and read them many times. Of course it was a head on collision but that's because they were coming from the opposite direction. The tire marks show Geoff's skid marks on HIS side of the road and swearving away from traffic. I'm not even going to start saying Geoff was innocent by any means but he didn't set out to murder anyone! This was an accident. The other man had also been drinking as well. He should not have been on the road either. For anyone to say that Geoff isn't remorseful is ridiculous. You have know idea how sorry he is that this occured. Also Geoff had three children that were his and a step-son. Oh and the comment about him being arrested a week later is false. He lost his marriage and children due to his bad decisions at the time and I can assure you that a person could not be more remorseful! He's been in prison 5 years now and I promise a day doesn't go by that he doesn't think about that day. I pray for the family members of the victims and I am truly sorry for your losses. God Bless you
H Hambric

Gardendale, AL

#10 Oct 1, 2011
Hambric
Mother

Birmingham, AL

#11 Dec 13, 2011
Geoffrey does have to live with this the rest of his life and is filled with more remorse than anyone can ever imagine. I have the discovery report and had the person that was in his lane and should have been on his own side of the road when Geoffrey came around the curve, none of this would have happened. Not to mention if you read the discovery report had the person in "HIS" lane not left the scene it would not have taken them so long to find Geoffrey down in the ditch. Just for the record it was not a head on collision. The motorcycle clipped the front left bumper/quater panel which threw the motorcycle into the windshield of Geoffrey's care.My heart goes out to everyone that did lose their loved ones and their friends. I feel your pain more than you can imagine. Geoffrey is a very loving and caring person who would never have hurt anyone. No, he should not have been on the road I agree whole heartedly. Lets face reality though. The other person that survived should again have been on his side of the road not Geoffrey's & should not have left the scene. Even some officers have stated if the case was reopened they would have testified to what really happened. Being election time all the judicial system could think of was re-election for their political position. My deepest sympathy to everyone involved. Losing a love one is a terrible feeling, but know they are in a better place than we are. They are with God. Geoffrey's 3 children have suffered more than anyone and he is having to pay his price for his mistake. God is a forgiving God and I pray for each and everyone of you daily that you will somehow find peace and forgiveness. God Bless You All!
Casey D

Brandon, MS

#13 Feb 17, 2012
I can't imagine the pain of losing a close family member in such a tragic way. I can understand wanting answers and wanting a place to lay blame.
Geoffrey is the easy person to blame because he was the only person involved that lived. I know that he is a good person and that his life has been changed by what happened.
I hope you can find it in your heart not to keep hating him - but I know that is easier said than done.
Matthew 6:14-15 NIV
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Brittany
#14 Aug 16, 2012
Really??? Maybe Geoffrey is a good hearted person, well I know he is got to know him pretty good. Yes he regrets everything that has happened, as we have had long in depth converstions on this. But obviously jail didnt teach him the lesson you would believe it should have. Not out of jail even a year, and I know for a fact drinking and driving at least three times, once under the influence of drugs. I can say proud of him for his new job, but choices you mke more disappointed then words can describe.
a friend of the family

Opelika, AL

#16 Jul 11, 2013
And just who are you to pass judgement & accusations? What all do you do? Or do we need to even go there? Nothing more than someone who needs to know do not judge others until you have walked in their shoes least ye shall also be judged! You obviously did not get the attention you were personally seeking & feel rejected.
a friend of the family

Opelika, AL

#17 Jul 11, 2013
Brittany wrote:
Really??? Maybe Geoffrey is a good hearted person, well I know he is got to know him pretty good. Yes he regrets everything that has happened, as we have had long in depth converstions on this. But obviously jail didnt teach him the lesson you would believe it should have. Not out of jail even a year, and I know for a fact drinking and driving at least three times, once under the influence of drugs. I can say proud of him for his new job, but choices you mke more disappointed then words can describe.
. Response: You have no room to speak about anything. You have quite a reputation going for yourself! He takes care of his rsponsibilities & works more than he is home. Gives more to help others than you ever would. You are nothing more than a trouble maker that nerds to get a life ,& tend to your own business.
The Tracy Who Cares

Pearl, MS

#18 Aug 4, 2013
I know that Geoff has a big heart and is very kind and passionate. He has messed up some, but who hasn't. I'm praying for him daily. My heart aches for him. Yours should too. I understand the pain that he caused but it can't be undone now. I pray that Jesus touchs him and changes his life to glorify God.
Nameless

Sumrall, MS

#19 Aug 19, 2013
If anyone knows how I can get in contact with geoffrey I would greatly aprreciate your help. It is very important that I speak with him as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
The Tracy Who Cares

Sumrall, MS

#20 Sep 4, 2013
I'd like to get in touch with him too. But I don't know if that will happen. I will just pray for him daily since I can't talk to him.
David

Warminster, PA

#21 Jan 3, 2014
a friend of the family wrote:
<quoted text>. Response: You have no room to speak about anything. You have quite a reputation going for yourself! He takes care of his rsponsibilities & works more than he is home. Gives more to help others than you ever would. You are nothing more than a trouble maker that nerds to get a life ,& tend to your own business.
You are delusional. Geoff does not take care if his responsibilities. He thinks about only himself. He
has been married for 3 years to a girl that left her family and moved all the way down to mississippi for him and has cheated on her countless times. Not only that but he just had another baby with one of the girls he cheated on her with. He now lives with this girl and her 5 kids. He is still
drinking and driving and popping pills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Aug 25 fyi Jackson Missi... 1,986
Worst president ever!! (Jan '14) Aug '14 noname 3
Bassfield officials indicted in surplus propert... (Nov '12) Jun '14 Jhonny k 16
Possible tornado injures 7, damages homes in Co... Apr '14 storm 1
Grandchildren in collins ms Apr '14 curious 2
Overnight tornado rips through Covington County... Apr '14 Worried 1
Shooting victim dies while in surgery (Feb '09) Jan '14 Scared 8
•••
•••
•••

Collins Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••