Church tackles gay issues

Church tackles gay issues

There are 24 comments on the CourierPostOnline story from Mar 2, 2009, titled Church tackles gay issues. In it, CourierPostOnline reports that:

Congregants from up to 65 Presbyterian churches in the area are weighing what Jesus and the Bible say about homosexuality during a lecture and breakout discussions at Collingswood Presbyterian Church today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CourierPostOnline.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nephilim

Altadena, CA

#1 Mar 3, 2009
So far this proposed amendment is failing. I have lost track of how many times this has been proposed and shot down at PCUSA. The majority have repeatedly stated they want to hold ordained Minsters, Elders and Deacons to Biblical standards. The minority liberl left simply will not take no for an answer.
Mount Laurel Parent

Somerdale, NJ

#2 Jul 27, 2009
I agree.
Not Gay Guy

Tennyson, IN

#3 Oct 4, 2009
They are trying to freak-ify the church by allowing gays to run amuck.
hehe

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Nov 2, 2009
Then the liberals should jsut start their own church and be done with it.

The bible is set in stone and does not change no matter how much people change. You either follow it, and live it or do with out.

You can not pick and choose and make it fit your life. You have to make your life fit it.
Not Gay Guy

Tennyson, IN

#7 Dec 25, 2009
Its not an issue of the liberals and perverts starting their own churches and being done with it. You could hand them multiples of millions of dollars and tell them it is to start their own church and they would throw the money back in your face.

The primary issue is the liberals and perverts main focus is to corrupt the mainline churches by forcing them to accept homosexuality. They want to use these churches (membership numbers and financial resources) as a alunching platform for the propogation of homosexuality into the rank and file of mainstream america.

And on top of that they will not stop until they re-write the entire bible so it will state that Jesus Christ himself was an affirmed practicing homosexual.

These homosexual activists are like hell spawn spiritual cancers that need to be cut out of the Body of Christ before they completely kill it.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#8 Dec 25, 2009
Not Gay Guy wrote:
Its not an issue of the liberals and perverts starting their own churches and being done with it. You could hand them multiples of millions of dollars and tell them it is to start their own church and they would throw the money back in your face.
The primary issue is the liberals and perverts main focus is to corrupt the mainline churches by forcing them to accept homosexuality. They want to use these churches (membership numbers and financial resources) as a alunching platform for the propogation of homosexuality into the rank and file of mainstream america.
And on top of that they will not stop until they re-write the entire bible so it will state that Jesus Christ himself was an affirmed practicing homosexual.
These homosexual activists are like hell spawn spiritual cancers that need to be cut out of the Body of Christ before they completely kill it.
Absolutely right.
PosterX

AOL

#9 Dec 29, 2009
I hope the two of you are fecking joking.
Not Gay Guy

Tennyson, IN

#10 Jan 9, 2010
All churches should demand and expect their pastors to preach a strong anti-homosexuality acceptance message to their congregations at least once a year. And if those pastors refuse they should be disciplined to the point they are willing to preach it or they should be fired without any form of severance pay.

These homosexuals and perverts will not be happy until they have completely over run the churches to the point they are having gay gang up sex orgies in the middle of the sanctuaries. They will not be happy until they are teaching and showing little children how to engage in homosexual behavior.

If you dont believe me then google the word NAMBLA.
Tim of Medford

Bellmore, NY

#11 Feb 16, 2010
There are gays in Churches on Long Island in the Suffolk county area. Some Preist ar not sure who it is. It could be anyone in the Choir, or any normal humen being. I attend ST. Sylvester's R. C. Church in Medford and I go all the time. There should not be a law why I can not attend my 12:30PM
Mass at this beautiful Church that I have attending for 5 years. I will not give up on my daily life of not going. I love this Church and I will continue to go for the rest of my life and I'm proud to be gay.
Not Gay Guy

Tennyson, IN

#13 Mar 28, 2010
Its perfectly fine and accpetable for you to attend your 12:30 pm Mass and not one should complain that you do nor attempt to prevent you from doing so.

Buy what is your primary motive for attending this church?

Are you sincerely attempting to search for truth as ultimate truth would be outlined by Holy Scripture and doctrine. If so you should continue to attend this church and others like it.

Or would you be attending this church as an individual comprising a larger group of people who are attempting to coerce the church into accepting and affirming sinfull practices like homosexuality and other acts of perversion. If so then you should be expelled from this church.

that approves of your decision to live a homosexual lifestyle.
deb

Vineland, NJ

#14 Apr 12, 2010
i guess you people have nothing better to do with your time then to sit here and decide who can and cant go to what church. the last time i looked this was america the land of the FREE. i guess the only free here is freedom to bash or disapove . sorry to tell this but you can sit here all day long and do this but its not going to make any kind of differnts. you are not god nor are u lord over all. this is 2010 most gays or lesbians want to have alife just like you were they can raise there kids to be happy and excepting of ALL others not just gays. aNd just one other thing if you look around i bet you will find many gays and lesbians or bis or trans or drag queens closer then you thing . but they are not making a issue out of what church u go to or what kind of clothes you buy or where u do your shopping . grow up people we all live for the same reason. and as far so orgys and sex in a church go you really should look at your own doors cuz i know a lot of STRAGHT people who are having sex allover its not longer just a bedroom thing . the fact is it never has been. cars movies beaches parks where ever . its a human thing not a str8 or gay thing so just take a chill pill and let people live there lifes as long as they are not hurting you. or anyone else what u should be concerned over are all these kids with out familys or being abused or killed .deal with them str8 people doing it to the kids . and once u get that in order . then come talk to me about how bad gays are
deb

Vineland, NJ

#15 Apr 12, 2010
i dont get this everyones worried about whos sleeping with who. look at your history .read your local papers. your worried about gays influnsing your kids.
i would think u would be more worried about all the kids that are being raped torchered starved to death beaten kidnap thrown out on the streets by drug addicted womanizing people drunks check your records . a good percentage of this is being done by STRAGHT people. not all but alot more then what you seem to think. start looking around worry about these kids . kids killing kids . coming from straght familys. no im not saying its all the str8 in the world .. but what i am saying these are the ones who need your help understanding . stop worring about what you think people MIGHT do worry about what people all people are doing to the kids..it dont matter rather they are str8 gay white black. if u want to change the world start with changing what keeps happening to the kids give the the chance to live with out trama drama or death .. stop closing your eyes and blaming any one group of people the fact is the kids are dying being abused and killing each other we have lost something somewhere it dont matter who sleeps with who what matters is this kids have a fighting chance now this was not written to attack anyone or blame or insult anyone nor to defend any ones right to choose this is about how to help a problem not keep blamming ... the church is there to give people a place to safe aNd to beleave that way they want to be forgiving and understanding or did we all forget that .. you live by the rules then live by all of them dont just pick and choose what ones will have u attack someone else .. live by all of them .. or is that to much to ask
ChoirBoy

Tennyson, IN

#16 Jun 26, 2010
Not Gay Guy wrote:
They are trying to freak-ify the church by allowing gays to run amuck.
YOU AINT KIDDIN CAUSE THEY WILL BE RUNNIN AND MUCKIN EACH OTHER IN THE BUTTS.....HA HA HA!!!
holy crap

Ashland, OR

#17 Jun 26, 2010
Gee---west virginia and kentucky, two of the most backward uneducated states in the country.It cracks me up to see how "TERRIFIED" you are of anyone who isnt like you.Everytime I hear ---god the father ---I'm thinking dead beat dad.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#18 Jun 26, 2010
holy crap wrote:
Gee---west virginia and kentucky, two of the most backward uneducated states in the country.It cracks me up to see how "TERRIFIED" you are of anyone who isnt like you.Everytime I hear ---god the father ---I'm thinking dead beat dad.
Gee Ashland, liberal mecca of the Pacific NW. It saddens me that people like you must insult anyone who dares to view things differently than you.
holy crap

Ashland, OR

#19 Jun 26, 2010
No, not insults, just statements of fact.What goes around comes around.I'm not gay, but gee, does'nt gay bashing stem from fear and religious zealotry, born of ignorance ?
BaptistBeliever

Tennyson, IN

#20 Jul 10, 2010
holy crap wrote:
HA HA HA Spoken by someone from a state that knows nothing other than how to operate chainsaws and cut trees down.
bettyboop55

Westland, MI

#21 Jul 10, 2010
hehe wrote:
Then the liberals should jsut start their own church and be done with it.
The bible is set in stone and does not change no matter how much people change. You either follow it, and live it or do with out.
You can not pick and choose and make it fit your life. You have to make your life fit it.
I don't know what kind of teaching you have had in life, but the bible is not written in stone check your bible history it may help you under stand what life and bible are all about. You seem to be very ignorant to what the teaching is all about. hope you can come to a better conclusion.
bettyboop55

Westland, MI

#22 Jul 10, 2010
deb wrote:
i guess you people have nothing better to do with your time then to sit here and decide who can and cant go to what church. the last time i looked this was america the land of the FREE. i guess the only free here is freedom to bash or disapove . sorry to tell this but you can sit here all day long and do this but its not going to make any kind of differnts. you are not god nor are u lord over all. this is 2010 most gays or lesbians want to have alife just like you were they can raise there kids to be happy and excepting of ALL others not just gays. aNd just one other thing if you look around i bet you will find many gays and lesbians or bis or trans or drag queens closer then you thing . but they are not making a issue out of what church u go to or what kind of clothes you buy or where u do your shopping . grow up people we all live for the same reason. and as far so orgys and sex in a church go you really should look at your own doors cuz i know a lot of STRAGHT people who are having sex allover its not longer just a bedroom thing . the fact is it never has been. cars movies beaches parks where ever . its a human thing not a str8 or gay thing so just take a chill pill and let people live there lifes as long as they are not hurting you. or anyone else what u should be concerned over are all these kids with out familys or being abused or killed .deal with them str8 people doing it to the kids . and once u get that in order . then come talk to me about how bad gays are
don't know who you are but you are absolutely correct. I agree with you 100%
Listen to the Word

Kingman, AZ

#23 Jul 10, 2010
Deb and Bettyboop argue that this is deciding who can go to church and who can't. However, freedom of religion also means that a church is free to determine its own doctrine standands, practice standards, and membership standards. Even the secular civil courts uphold those principles.

Part of religious freedom means that if someone cannot find a church which agrees with his or her doctrinal, practical, and membership standards, that person is free to start their own church.

Instead, the gay and lesbians would much rather destroy the doctrine and practice of existing churches and take over their property, while driving long time members away. The gays and lesbians do not care for those who built the churches and paid for them and their ministries. In fact, according to these blogs, they despise them, call them names, and make stupid arguments like "straight people are sinning sexually too, so nanny, nanny, nanny." The historic Christian church has also dealt with the sexual sins of straight people too. It is a disgrace that many Christian churches are not dealing with these sexual sins any more. However, looking at the church news these days, some churches have been forced to spend so much time studying gay issues --because the gays are banging at their doors to completely change churches' doctrine, practice, and membership matters -- many churches have not had the time to take care of other business.
It is the disgrace of the American Church that a vote can establish biblical doctrine, biblical practice, and what is or is not a sin. Nowhere does the Bible every say that the church is a democracy where politics and PACs can determine doctrine, practice, and membership qualifications.
Nowhere does the Bible say that church is governed by a hierarchy or a presbytery or methodism or an episcopacy. Churches are free to choose their form of government, as long as it upholds biblical doctrine and practice and is orderly. However, the Bible does tell us the church is an absolute monarchy, with Jesus being the Truth and his Word being the Truth, by which the kingdom is run. These little votes by little groups of little people (little in comparison to God) mean nothing. They will be worthless on Judgment Day. Then the only thing that will make a difference is the Truth, which is Jesus and his Word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collingswood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CMD Gear3 (Mar '14) Sat Wtf609 1,716
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Hipocrit 20,505
Is Camden Really That Bad? (Nov '11) Aug 24 judgefreddie j s... 37
State of NJ vs. Bruce Aristeo Means the Camden ... (Jan '16) Aug 24 Ruger 3
News Some black business owners strain to sell to bl... Aug 11 Oh No You Di-nt 20
News Lady Gaga hits stage for invite-only show for D... Jul '16 RustyS 3
News Pro-Sanders demonstrators march in the swelteri... Jul '16 gwww 44

Collingswood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collingswood Mortgages