New weight loss with clinic with phentermine coming to collierville?

Posted in the Collierville Forum

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2013

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Mar 6, 2012
I hear there is a new prescription weight loss clinic coming to town that prescribes phentermine and b12 shots? Any thoughts?
Loosing weight

United States

#2 May 23, 2012
I would like to thank achieve medical weight loss for helping me finally loose the weight I have been trying to get off for the last year .... They are so knowledgeable and friendly . The lipo b12 shots they have are AMAZING !!! They offer so much more than just giving you a prescription they truly care about each and every patient , I have learned so much about how to change my lifestyle for the better . I want to recommend to everyone !!! Thank you achieve medical weight loss y'all are awesome !!!!!!
Safety Team

Cookeville, TN

#3 May 23, 2012
These doctors need to have their licenses pulled for handing out controlled substances like candy. Phentermine caused my blood pressure to jump through the roof and damaged my heart valves. And after all that, I gained the weight right back. Not worth the risk. Get off your ass and exercise.
worried

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2012
Safety Team wrote:
These doctors need to have their licenses pulled for handing out controlled substances like candy. Phentermine caused my blood pressure to jump through the roof and damaged my heart valves. And after all that, I gained the weight right back. Not worth the risk. Get off your ass and exercise.
How did you find out about your heart? I took it before and my heart would feel like it was skipping beats.
Safety Team

Cookeville, TN

#5 Jun 6, 2012
worried wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you find out about your heart? I took it before and my heart would feel like it was skipping beats.
I was experiencing shortness of breath and palpitations so I went to the doctor and he heard a murmur. After a workup I was diagnosed with mitral regurgitation attributed to the use of phentermine.
Loosing weight

United States

#6 Jun 8, 2012
Safety Team wrote:
Phentermine has been FDA approved for over 50 years !!! If you had "heart problems " I'm sure it was an underlying issue that was probably already present and the use of phentermine may have made you notice it don't blame the use of a weight loss drug that you voluntary took on your condition ! it has worked for thousands of people and they are completely healthy ... Everyone has there opinions but don't blame the phentermine ..the doctors at achieve are very thorough and ask plenty of questions to make sure you can handle the drug . Sorry for your bad experience but you should have gone to achieve medical weight loss !
William

Olive Branch, MS

#7 Oct 30, 2012
Loosing weight wrote:
<quoted text>
Phentermine has been FDA approved for over 50 years !!! If you had "heart problems " I'm sure it was an underlying issue that was probably already present and the use of phentermine may have made you notice it don't blame the use of a weight loss drug that you voluntary took on your condition ! it has worked for thousands of people and they are completely healthy ... Everyone has there opinions but don't blame the phentermine ..the doctors at achieve are very thorough and ask plenty of questions to make sure you can handle the drug . Sorry for your bad experience but you should have gone to achieve medical weight loss !
As you said, phentermine has been in use since the 60's. It is perfectly safe. Your doctor is either a quack who just doesn't know any better or simply has an axe to grind (Yes, I have been to quack doctors; especially ones fresh out of medical school. I went and got a second opinion from an older doctor and was just fine). A lot of doctor's are prejudice against weight loss drugs simply because they see it as taking the easy way out. If the heart problems were directly related to the drug then certainly the patient plans to sue but we all know that isn't true.

Phentermine is meant as a great way to get a head start on your diet. Use it to teach yourself exercise habits and portion control. I have never heard of a miracle drug that keeps working after you take it. That is like saying my blood pressure went back up after I stopped taking my blood pressure pill. Well yeah, that isn't surprising. To get the most out of phentermine use it to help you start a new life-style pattern. And keep that pattern up after you stop taking the drug.
Yes

Charlotte, NC

#8 Nov 2, 2012
youngcolliervillewoman wrote:
I hear there is a new prescription weight loss clinic coming to town that prescribes phentermine and b12 shots? Any thoughts?
yes
sayin

Cookeville, TN

#9 Nov 17, 2012
Loosing weight wrote:
<quoted text>
Phentermine was taken off the market in the UK for the problems it causes. You're also batting for an organization that formerly approved the practice of prescribing alcohol to pregnant mothers.
Doctor-

Davenport, IA

#10 Mar 12, 2013
Hi, My Name is David , trying to get my hunger under control..!!
I donít have a family doctor at this time, I'm trying to get on Phentermine-
This worked for me 10 years ago and my weight stayed off for 10 years
I know this works for me..!! I travel a lot and just donít have a family doctor at this time Ė
I'm in Iowa right now, Please help so that I donít have to find a drug dealer..:)
david_phalen@yahoo.com
jimmy hung

United States

#11 Apr 16, 2013
Your office hours are inconvient. Only open three days a week

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 8 min -badboy- 145,875
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Jim 8,615
piperton (Aug '07) Fri Elizabeth 17
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Thu Clover_SpringNewt 9,315
What are they doing on Hwy 64 east of the inter... Aug 20 Mike 1
Hope Presbyterian Aug 18 Vic 1
Old white women dating young black guys? (Jun '12) Aug 10 docrod 19
•••
•••
•••

Collierville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Collierville People Search