In brief: Ex-official faces charges o...

In brief: Ex-official faces charges of embezzlement in Ripley, Tenn.

There are 5 comments on the Memphis Commercial Appeal story from Jun 16, 2011, titled In brief: Ex-official faces charges of embezzlement in Ripley, Tenn.. In it, Memphis Commercial Appeal reports that:

The former executive director of the housing authority in Ripley, Tenn., was indicted Thursday on federal money laundering and embezzlement charges involving more than $50,000 in city funds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Memphis Commercial Appeal.

Deb C

Collierville, TN

#1 Jun 18, 2011
He should pay back every penny and serve every day not only in jail, but in community service by cleaning the streets of Ripley, then cleaning the housing units.
His greed and love of money is detestable.
Nobody important

Ripley, TN

#2 Jun 29, 2011
You must be talking about David Ford...
whatever

Ripley, TN

#3 Jun 29, 2011
Nobody important wrote:
You must be talking about David Ford...
I'm told that he has told several city officials that he is sorry, but the easy money to take was just too tempting. He hopes sometime soon to get back into local or state government work where the work is easy and money plentiful.
I doubt it

Memphis, TN

#4 Jun 29, 2011
The Feds are on his case.
Lookin

Memphis, TN

#5 Jul 2, 2011
IRS might be after him with all those phony personal checks he wrote trying to show documents that he paid someone money for work done. That person then took the check and presented it as income or dollars earned to show proof of. Checks never got cashed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POS doc in Methodist Germantown Sun Getteal 9
News Gang vandalism in Cordova raises safety concerns (Feb '14) Jun 19 the end is near 3
Ex-detective Tuesday Hazelgrove? Jun 16 Grammar Police 2
intro (Jan '06) Jun 16 Citizen 3
Traffic Cameras $$$$ (Mar '07) Jun 9 Dresden Girl 5
gameday unpires May '17 Sweating the Smal... 2
Does anyone Remember Dr. Gary Leventhal (german... (Mar '10) May '17 Michelle newcomb 7

Collierville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collierville Mortgages