Curtain falls on Colleyville theater

Full story: A liberal dose

After almost a year of legal wrangling over millions of dollars in debt related to Northeast Tarrant County's only IMAX theater, the upscale theater-restaurant went dark indefinitely Friday, officials said.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Apr 17, 2010
george

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

Owner William E. Baldridge of this place should be put in jail!!! instead of putting the money where it was suppose to go he blew it. maybe next time investors will give the owner a drug test to make sure their investment is not disapearing with the use of drugs and cockyness.
From a grandmother

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Bill Baldridge asked me to invest with him and he basically stold over $100,000 dollars. Said he would pay me back with interest. I never saw my money again. He took my life savings. I am having to spend money on attornies trying to get him to pay me back. I have no retirement because of my trusting him and he saying he would treat me like his own mother. Poor mother. He continues to avoid being responsible or a man with any integrity. He should go to jail.
ambrose22

Mansfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

I'd like to make a prediction. This guy will not serve one day. He will not loose his Infinity and Jaguar. He will not loose his home. Why? Because he will receive the best justice money can buy, even if that money is ill gotten.

If you steal from one person, or shop lift, you may go to jail. Steal from many, under the veil of bad business judgement, and you can continue to live the lifestyle to which you are accustomed. Of course, you'll need some high dollar attorneys on your side. And why can't the money needed to pay the legal bills pay some of the creditors? Like I said, it's the best justice money can buy. I'm sure there will be many civil suits. But I'll bet this carbuncle will never see the inside of a criminal courtroom.
anonymous

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Not so fast, ambrose. He is bankrupt now. Broke and financially ruined, he cannot afford any high-dollar lawyers. Not at all. As a former employee of this man, I can say first hand he is like a small-potatoes version of Enron. He basically did what the mafia would do with their business if it fails, gut it from the inside out until it's dead. He just isn't as smart as the mafia, because he won't get away with it. This miserable "human being" once came up to speak to me, and I saw blood and white powder running down his nose. It was all I could do to keep from vomiting.
Huh--

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Mr. Broke is forgettable unfortunately. I'm sorry to those who lost money with him. Any prospects of a new owner? Selfishly, I just want someone smart enough and nice enough to come along, reopen and offer to honor any previously purchased tickets/gift cards/discounts.
What's the buzz?
Rich

Forney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

I really dont care about this dude but more than anything I want my Colleyville IMAX!!!

Does anyone have any new information on what exact day is this theater going to reopen besides mid August?

Also I am hoping to see the new Batman movie on the Imax at this location and there isnt much new releases for August at the Imax theaters.

Does anyone know if the new Batman movie will be the reopen feature once it reopens in August?

I would really like to wait and see Batman at this Imax location otherwise guess I will have to see it at Cinemark Web Chappel Imax.

Any info would be greatly appreciated including a new theater phone # for info.

Thanks.
Rich

Forney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

Great News for Colleyville IMAX fans like myself!!! New website www.colleyvillecinema.com
They are also taking apps for employment at the website.
Here is a email response I got from one of the new partners July 24th.
RM,
I am one of the partners re-opening the Colleyville Cinema Grille.
We will open on August 15 with The Dark Knight on IMAX.
The theatre phone line is eight one seven,six five six 4600 and the website is www.ColleyvilleCinema.com .
Both are under construction at the moment, so they are not exactly refined yet. Either of these venues are great ways to keep informed.
Also, we’ll be at the theatre Mon-Fri until we open, so come by if you’d like.
Jeremy Thompson
Anonymous former employee

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

This guy is a major crook. I use to work for him. I discovered he was making deductions from his employees paychecks for health insurance but he wasn't making the premium payments. All the employees thought they had health insurance but they didn't. That's when I left, in a hurry. He does not pay his contractors either. I saw many contractors go belly up because he refused to pay them after the job was done. I believe in karma and Baldridge drips with bad karma. What goes around comes around dude!
Anonymous former employee

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

anonymous wrote:
Not so fast, ambrose. He is bankrupt now. Broke and financially ruined, he cannot afford any high-dollar lawyers. Not at all. As a former employee of this man, I can say first hand he is like a small-potatoes version of Enron. He basically did what the mafia would do with their business if it fails, gut it from the inside out until it's dead. He just isn't as smart as the mafia, because he won't get away with it. This miserable "human being" once came up to speak to me, and I saw blood and white powder running down his nose. It was all I could do to keep from vomiting.
He's not a human being, he's a liar, a cheat, a deceiver, a thief, cheated on his pregant wife with his secretary, gambles away the money he owes his contractors and now a drug abuser. He is mean, vicious, bad tempered, controlling, violent tendancies, and totally untrustworthy. I use to work for him so I know first hand how underhanded this guy is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Tarrant County was issued at July 24 at 3:37PM CDT

•••
•••

Colleyville News Video

•••
•••

Colleyville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••