Providence Town Center-Phase 2
Maureen

Collegeville, PA

#161 Mar 3, 2011
The Cafe at Town Center Book Store opens on Saturday, March 5. There was a brisk business w/respect to purchasing books when I was there today.
Adam

Royersford, PA

#162 Mar 3, 2011
I was also at Towne Book Center today. They are still unpacking and getting organized. I too was told the cafe will open Saturday.
They are open for business and selling merchandise. Looks nice. Better than their old location, for sure.

I was also at Qudoba. Wasn't too busy at lunch time, although I suspect that will change when word gets out they are open. It was just as good as I would expect. It isn't terribly large, so if it does get busy, seating will be an issue.

Looking forward to Champs opening. Not sure of the date on that one.

Since: Sep 07

Collegeville, PA

#163 Mar 3, 2011
Local Rezzi wrote:
Drove past the Elevation Burger Tuesday at dinnertime. Only 5 customers in there.
Towne Center Bookstore & Cafe (formerly Trappe Books) next to Eastern Mountain Sports looks like it will open in a day or two. No store signage there yet, just posters.
Agreed that Chipotle is far, far better than Qdoba.
Tried Elevation Burger with my daughter for lunch on Wednesday. Not really impressed enough to go back, cheeseburger was ok and fries were pretty awful, burnt on ends and soggy in the middle. The Kiwi Yogurt on the other hand was a big hit with the family a few weeks ago. One even thinks itís better than Coldstone Creamery.- I'm not so sure about that.:)
karmah

Phoenixville, PA

#164 Mar 4, 2011
We tried Elevation Burger a few weeks after it opened. Grease city! Then there is the fact that you do not get a tray* to eat from, but some thin paper wrapped around your burger, no place to put your ketchup except on the burger wrapper. But you need a wrapper to keep the grease from dripping everywhere while you try to eat the burger.

My family loves a good burger, but these were just soaking with grease. Not even the kids wanted to go back. The burgers need way less grease and more flavor. It was average at best, and we are not paying those prices for an average burger.

On the other hand, we love Zoup! and look forward to giving Qdoba a shot.

(*I understand the whole trying to reduce waste, so they bring the order to the table in that aluminum tray. But only one tray for a whole table and the napkins do nothing to sop up the mess that is left on your hands (and table) afterwards. Not to mention the whole needing a place for your ketchup to be as we are fry dippers, not soakers. Mini trays would have been nice or a washable plate to put your dipping condiments on would have reduced paper waste too. And if they are that concerned about waste, why are the burgers wrapped in paper and not put on a mini tray? Yeah, the whole water reduction thing for washing, I get that.)
Nightman

Collegeville, PA

#165 Apr 12, 2011
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is now listed on the Providence Town Center website directory.
Kellys-Ex

Collegeville, PA

#166 Apr 12, 2011
Nightman wrote:
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is now listed on the Providence Town Center website directory.
That place seems very optimistic. It's online menu is showing 10 for burgers, 13 for a french dip, with Filet Mignon at 27.
Ouch!!
John from Oaks

Malvern, PA

#167 Apr 13, 2011
Here's the latest news from The Mercury (13APR11):

More stores to open as developer of Collegeville shopping center prepares to unveil 2nd phase
http://pottsmerc.com/articles/2011/04/13/news...
JJ_D

Wilmerding, PA

#168 Apr 13, 2011
From the news artile posted above:

Charming Charlie: May 15th
Champps: June 6th
Movie Tavern: July 4th
Firebirds: TBD
2funny

Norristown, PA

#169 Apr 13, 2011
Skippack Mom wrote:
Does anyone know if any stores will be opening soon? I thought Phase 2 had a spring 2010 date. Had diner at Olive garden Sat. night and there was a 1hr 45 min wait at 5:00. We ended up waiting, but came home for the first hour of our wait then went back and waited in the lobby with a pager. It would have been nice to shop during the wait for dinner!
ok, maybe I'm a little late to this party- but if you have a 1hr 45min wait to get to dinner & you go home for 1hr. Wouldn't just COOKING dinner make more sense? just sayin..
AROD

Collegeville, PA

#170 Apr 13, 2011
2funny wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, maybe I'm a little late to this party- but if you have a 1hr 45min wait to get to dinner & you go home for 1hr. Wouldn't just COOKING dinner make more sense? just sayin..
Agreed. I'd never wait 1 hour and 45 minutes to eat anyplace. My top wait is 30-45, and only if there is something nearby to walk to and pass the time. It's just not worth it to me to wait that long for dinner, especially the Olive Garden.
karmah

Phoenixville, PA

#171 Apr 13, 2011
Kellys-Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
That place seems very optimistic. It's online menu is showing 10 for burgers, 13 for a french dip, with Filet Mignon at 27.
Ouch!!
Most of the burgers on the Applebees menu are $9.99, so $10 isn't off the mark there. What I do object to is paying more for the same burger at a different time of day, but getting the exact same thing. Some of the burgers are priced higher for the dinner service than they are for the lunch service. Unless they are throwing in "extras" that should not be. I did not check to see if other items were alos raised in price.

As for the steak, there are a lot of higher priced steak places out in the market. I guess it is about if you are willing to pay that much.

If we go it will definitely be a lunch thing because I will not be paying extra for the "priviledge" of eating after 3pm.
JJ_D

Wilmerding, PA

#172 Apr 14, 2011
AROD wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I'd never wait 1 hour and 45 minutes to eat anyplace. My top wait is 30-45, and only if there is something nearby to walk to and pass the time. It's just not worth it to me to wait that long for dinner, especially the Olive Garden.
i agree as well...though if you really want Olive Garden, then call in your order and pick it up. I've done that a couple times and it was <45min from picking up the phone to sitting down at my own kitchen table with the food. And both times when i went to pick up the food, the crowd of people waiting for tables was out the door and i could hear them say the wait was ~1hour (and thats just to get a table, add another 20-30min after sitting down till your eating).
Marty

Collegeville, PA

#173 May 6, 2011
new brochure for PTC here: http://www.brandolinicompanies.com/Documents/...

The map shows some new stores in negotiations:
Pier 1 Imports
Loft
Life is Good
White House Black Market
Chico's

Since: Mar 10

Royersford, PA

#174 May 6, 2011
Marty wrote:
Pier 1 Imports
Loft
Life is Good
White House Black Market
Chico's
Good find! Thanks for posting!
Nightman

Collegeville, PA

#175 May 6, 2011
Agreed, nice find Marty. You missed "Bubbles" and "Nails"
Suburban Hillbilly

Phoenixville, PA

#176 May 9, 2011
Marty wrote:
Pier 1 Imports
Loft
Life is Good
White House Black Market
Chico's
Since there's a White House Black Market at the Outlets, why would anyone pay full price at a store 10 minutes away? Seems weird...

Pier 1 will be a nice addition...
rofo for life

Philadelphia, PA

#177 May 9, 2011
The Outlets aren't cheap contrary to what people think.

Since: Mar 10

Royersford, PA

#178 May 10, 2011
rofo for life wrote:
The Outlets aren't cheap contrary to what people think.
Exactly. I have no idea why they are called "Outlets"
Amy

United States

#179 May 12, 2011
Wow. Last comment a novel. Welcome champs.
Kevin

Blue Bell, PA

#180 May 16, 2011
Unfortunately, the brochure from PTC is from March and in the article posted in April, they said the deal with Pier 1 fell through. Can imagine that the deal with the Loft also fell through since it's less than 10 miles from another Loft.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collegeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Mother's Love Child Care Center - Collegevill... Aug 21 collegevillemom 3
ShopRite is coming SOON (Feb '13) Aug 20 Bryan Fulop 12
Trappe Shopping Center remainder (Jan '12) Aug 10 Bryan Fulop 9
Oaks Shopping Center (May '13) Jul '15 JJD 6
Reliable Moving/storage companies Jul '15 Muffin 2
Chesterbrook Academy v. Play & Learn Jul '15 Anonymous 2
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Jul '15 Musikologist 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collegeville Mortgages