Providence Town Center-Phase 2
matt

Phoenixville, PA

#101 Sep 2, 2010
If you are looking for good Mexican food at a reasonable price, try Los Mariachis in Phoenixville. They have great food. As for Movie Tavern, their Saturday Morning Pancakes and a Movie Special would be great for kids. Elevation Burger looks interesting. Now that Ray's Burgers changed it's name and it not open for dinner, there was no place to get a quick, non fast food burger. I would also like to see a Capriotti's come to our area. And for the people who think "yuppies" ruin towns, go to Phoenixville and see how nice it is down there.
JJ_D

Wilmerding, PA

#102 Sep 9, 2010
JJ_D wrote:
My list of both confirmed and rumoured stores opening soon:
Home Goods - June
Michaels - June
EMS - October
Raymore & Flanigan - November?- next to Staples?
DSW - dropped out?
Barns & Noble - dropped out?
Olly Shoes - August
Elevation Burger - Summer/Fall 2010
Zoup -?- rumour
Update on my list from a few months ago:

Home Goods, Michaels, Olly Shoes, & Zoup have all opened.

R&F, EMS & Elevation Burger all opening in the next few weeks.

Still no sign of either DSW or Barns&Noble.

Kiwi Frozen Yogurt is confimed now, but no sign of where or when.
( http://www.kiwifrozenyogurt.com/Locations.htm... )

And of course Movie Tavern is confirmed as well, but again, no idea when it will arrive.

Anyone know of any other stores coming in soon?
karmah

Phoenixville, PA

#103 Sep 9, 2010
JJ_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no sign of either DSW or Barns&Noble.
DSW and Barnes & Noble both dropped out months ago. They will not be coming to the Providence Town Center.
AROD

Collegeville, PA

#104 Sep 9, 2010
I was in the Trappe Book store the other day and asked them if they were moving into the PTC shopping center. The guy working there indeed confirmed that they are moving. He said it would probably be late this year or early next year. That would indeed agree with reports that Barnes and Noble is NOT coming in to PTC.
422 Hater

Phoenixville, PA

#105 Sep 9, 2010
That's great news.
BigRod

Shoemakersville, PA

#106 Sep 9, 2010
What about all this talk about Adult World? Are they moving too? PTC would be a great spot for them.
JJ_D

Wilmerding, PA

#107 Sep 10, 2010
AROD wrote:
I was in the Trappe Book store the other day and asked them if they were moving into the PTC shopping center. The guy working there indeed confirmed that they are moving. He said it would probably be late this year or early next year. That would indeed agree with reports that Barnes and Noble is NOT coming in to PTC.
I hope so. A shopping center like this needs to have some kind of bookstore. And i would much rather support a local business than a huge chain. And the Trappe Book Store would do a lot better in PTC than where they are now.(Except they would no longer be in Trappe!)
Parsley

Phoenixville, PA

#108 Sep 10, 2010
That Trappe Shopping Center is going to become a ghost town. Just like the one in Collegeville.
Kevin

Cranbury, NJ

#109 Sep 10, 2010
adamwsh wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting this info from?
Sorry guys, but no chance seeing an REI in the same mall as an EMS and an HH Gregg in the same center as a Best Buy.
WaWaWow

Collegeville, PA

#110 Sep 11, 2010
What no Wawa?
Marty

Marcus Hook, PA

#111 Sep 11, 2010
WaWaWow wrote:
What no Wawa?
Theres not really any place to put a wawa in ptc...plus theres already a nice wawa a mile down the road and I think there are plans for a new wawa in oaks.
422 Hater

Phoenixville, PA

#112 Sep 11, 2010
There have been plans for a Wawa in Oaks along with a shopping center (Egypt and Black Rock) for the last 10 years. PA moves at a snails pace. I guess it's not congested enough to build it yet.
did maar

Plymouth, MN

#113 Sep 16, 2010
did maaar you guys
karmah

Phoenixville, PA

#114 Sep 17, 2010
422 Hater wrote:
There have been plans for a Wawa in Oaks along with a shopping center (Egypt and Black Rock) for the last 10 years. PA moves at a snails pace. I guess it's not congested enough to build it yet.
In the Fall/Winter 2010 edition of the Upper Providence Newsletter it says this:

[quote]Plans in Final Review:
Commercial:
Black Rock Road and Egypt Roads,
northwest corner. Pad sites for Wawa
and Chiliís restaurant at the Oaks Shopping
Center by Audubon Land Development.[/quote]
http://www.uprov-montco.org/newsletter.html

So maybe the construction will actually start in 2011.

From the ALD site it looks at though they haven't updated their brochures in a while. Maybe they will once the plan is approved.
http://www.audubonland.com/retail/pdf/oaks.pd...
http://www.audubonland.com/retail/pdf/marketp...

On another note... EMS had a table outside the other day and was interviewing applicants. Zoup is open for business. And they seem to be making good progress on Elevation Burger. Raymour and Flannigan has an "Opening Soon" sign up and it looks as though they are almost done stocking the furniture.
nightman

Collegeville, PA

#115 Sep 17, 2010
The wawa plans at Black Rock and Egypt were also listed as in Final Review on the Fall/Winter 2009 Newletter. Don't think this is going anywhere fast.

Since: Mar 10

Collegeville, PA

#116 Sep 17, 2010
Raymor & Flannigan are opening this weekend. Also tomorrow, Saturday, 9/18, there will be a benefit for the Alzheimer's Association Del Val Chapter at a Corvette, Craft & Jewelry show called Corvettes for a Cure. it is being held at the Center from 10am-3pm.
http://www.CorvettesForACure.com
422 Hater

Phoenixville, PA

#117 Sep 17, 2010
I believe the 2004 newsletter said the same... :)
John from Oaks

Malvern, PA

#118 Sep 20, 2010
422 Hater wrote:
I believe the 2004 newsletter said the same...:)
Good one - I think you're right!

The issue is with the Upper Providence township - I know there were some issues regarding sewer lines but I thought those were resolved. Then there's the issue of who pays for street improvements. I know Oaks Garden will also be going away - not sure how much longer their lease is...

Regards, John
www.oaksneighbors.org
jojo

Philadelphia, PA

#119 Sep 22, 2010
the last i heard a chain called 'movie tavern'; a cinema/dinner theatre is coming...so is an upscale burger joint called elevation burger, an ems store and a soup/salad place called zoup...i think the furniture store raymoor and flanigan is also due to open at the providence town center...sounds good to me
I done been here

Royersford, PA

#120 Sep 23, 2010
Rofo for life wrote:
That all we need in this area is another over priced place to eat that the avg person in the area can't afford. Why not bring in more affordable places to eat that can stay in business. If the yuppies in the area want somewhere to eat then drive to Philly. This use to be a working class area that has been ruined by all the people who moved here and caused our taxes to go up. Then once they get here they bitch that the taxes are so high. The last time I checked the yuppies are the ones that demanded all the luxuries that the townships have been building and need to maintain. These same people want smaller class sizes so the district has to hire more teachers. Then the yuppies bitch about how high school taxes are and how much teachers make. The bitch about how much traffic there is in the area yet before they moved here the traffic wasn't that bad. Now to take care of traffic that is around the high school they went an exit out to township line road going through sacred ground of a cemetery. Do this people realize that there are people who gave their lives that are buried there and that the place is still having funerals everyday. I don't hear people complaining that the place has become run down ever since Vince Piazza bought the place and put a hotel and a Outback on the site. The Yuppies that have moved into the area are destroying and they don't care who they hurt to get what they want. These yuppies are no better then the Republicans in Washington all they care about is what they want and screw the avg person. It is time for the working man to step up to the rich yuppies and tell them enough is enough leave our area alone that it was better before you a**holes moved here.
I've been here my whole life- if Outback is too expensive for you, you probably don't eat out too much anyway. Also, they're that "expensive" because they don't want people like you there. Go back to Spring City.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collegeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racism in phoenixville (Oct '11) Jan 31 you are animals 38
Collegeville Inn (Jun '09) Jan 31 collegeville enth... 23
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Jan 28 Musikologist 20
St. Eleanor's priest on the list of 21 suspende... (Mar '11) Dec '15 MER 24
Trappe Shopping Center remainder (Jan '12) Nov '15 Jill Fulop 10
Collegeville daycare Oct '15 ms z 2
Paul Jeffery Corrigan Sep '15 vice 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collegeville Mortgages