First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spudge

Phoenixville, PA

#1 Nov 30, 2007
Hi all,

I recently gave birth to my daughter and I am looking for a daycare. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am looking anywhere between Collegeville to Radnor. Any recommendations would be helpful!

Thanks!
JohnG

Royersford, PA

#2 Dec 2, 2007
Location is key for daycare - try to find something close to your home. Go in for an interview - take a look around. Listen to the way the teachers talk to the chidren. Cost, of course, also enters into the equation. Daycare is very expensive. Advice columns always talk about saving for college. What about saving for daycare? It's just as expensive. When we looked, doing part time didn't make sense - it only saved a few dollars per week, and reduced flexibility. All that being said, we have been very happy with Chesterbrook Academy in Audubon - our children have both gone there with good results. Congratulations and good luck.- John
Spudge

Phoenixville, PA

#3 Dec 2, 2007
Hi John,

Thanks for the advice. Would you happen to know how much it costs to enroll an infant at Chesterbrook Academy?

Thanks!
Bill

Malvern, PA

#4 Dec 3, 2007
Our daughter goes to Bright Beginnings in Limerick.
JohnG

Royersford, PA

#5 Dec 6, 2007
Spudge wrote:
Hi John,
Thanks for the advice. Would you happen to know how much it costs to enroll an infant at Chesterbrook Academy?
Thanks!
Ballpark for an infant (not a toddler) is probably about $200-$250 per week. I suggest calling them directly for details and whether they have openings. Good luck.
Shannon B

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jan 22, 2008
You may want to consider an in-home day care. I returned to work part-time and cost was a big issue. I also had concerns that my child would be exposed to a lot of illnesses in a traditional day care setting. I have both my kids in an in-home day care and have been pleased. The downside is there is less structure and focus on academics, but I was put off by a lot of the schools infant "curriculums". Hope this helps.
recent

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 22, 2008
Are you considering at home care?? Is the Mother still looking.. I work second shift.
In home day care

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Jan 29, 2008
recent wrote:
Are you considering at home care?? Is the Mother still looking.. I work second shift.
Can you tell me of any in-home daycare in the skippack, audubon, swenksviller or trooper area. I would appreciate it
soontobemommy

Lansdale, PA

#9 Feb 5, 2008
Bill wrote:
Our daughter goes to Bright Beginnings in Limerick.
Bill, can you tell me more about your experience with Bright Beginnings?
Lekha

Philadelphia, PA

#10 May 14, 2009
Hi Shannon,

Can you tell me who you use for in-home daycare?

LMM
Shannon B wrote:
You may want to consider an in-home day care. I returned to work part-time and cost was a big issue. I also had concerns that my child would be exposed to a lot of illnesses in a traditional day care setting. I have both my kids in an in-home day care and have been pleased. The downside is there is less structure and focus on academics, but I was put off by a lot of the schools infant "curriculums". Hope this helps.
Limerick

Greenwich, CT

#11 May 18, 2009
I recommend Children of America in Trappe.
lekha

Glenolden, PA

#12 May 19, 2009
Limerick wrote:
I recommend Children of America in Trappe.
Do you know of any home daycare in wayne, PA?
Skipmark

Wilmington, DE

#13 Jun 8, 2009
My wife and I have been very happy with the Tot Spot in collegeville. Our daughter does catch the occassional cold, but we feel totally confident when dropping her off there in the morning. And to be honest, that should be the biggest concern of any parent anyway. The staff is friendly and my daughter (who is almost a year) lights up when she sees the teachers in the mornings, which only tells me that she enjoys it.
kelly

Perkasie, PA

#14 Jun 8, 2009
I sent my daughter to the Chesterbrook Academy in Plymouth Meeting for years and I loved it. They have a great program.
Zen

United States

#15 Dec 1, 2009
Hello, we are planning on putting our one year old in either Chesterbrrok academy in Audubon or Play N Learn in Collegeville. Does any one have any opinions or recommendations based on their experience
Thanks
Lekha

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Dec 1, 2009
Hi,

I live in Wayne,PA and was wondering if anyone wanted to share a nanny full-time. This is cheaper than daycare and each child gets more attention while learning. Also, the incidence of illness is much lower.

Thanks!
Jen

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Dec 21, 2009
Spudge wrote:
Hi all,
I recently gave birth to my daughter and I am looking for a daycare. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am looking anywhere between Collegeville to Radnor. Any recommendations would be helpful!
Thanks!
I have had my children enrolled at Chesterbrook Academy for years and I love it. The staff is attentive, the facility is super clean, the curriculum is amazing, and best of all my children love it!
John Oaks

Paoli, PA

#18 Dec 22, 2009
Zen wrote:
Hello, we are planning on putting our one year old in either Chesterbrrok academy in Audubon or Play N Learn in Collegeville. Does any one have any opinions or recommendations based on their experience
Thanks
We were very happy with Chesterbrook Academy in Audubon - between my son and daughter, we had a child there almost continously since 2001. Teachers are nice and my kids met lots of good friends. Also sets up nicely for kindergarten at Chesterbrook Elementary in Oaks...

Hope that helps!
KART

Newport, NJ

#19 Sep 16, 2010
Does any one know the rates on Play and Learn in Collegeville off of levels?(Kindergarten part time for a week or 3 days) I realize I could call but it is late and just wanted to see if I could get an answer tonight. Thanks.:)
confidential

Malvern, PA

#20 Mar 29, 2011
Hi all,
Do NOT use Bright Beginnings. It is not a good place to send your children! It if very unsafe and owner doesn't put any effort into the center, as he is just interested in collecting his money. Center director that recently took over does not have any people skills and the center has gone down hill. There are much better options for childcare out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collegeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagle sightings on Collergeville or Skippack (May '11) Sep 5 Dump Democrats ... 18
Daniel Gregor (Nov '11) Aug 30 Maskedbeauty 2
Trappe Village Apartments (Jan '09) Aug 29 Maskedbeauty 58
Apartments across from Trappe Tavern (Jul '09) Aug 29 Maskedbeauty 168
7th grader who died? anyone know what happened? (Jun '11) Aug 29 Madkedbeauty 22
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations Aug 26 weaponX 1
Is anyone else having trouble with Organized St... (Dec '14) Aug '17 Anonymous 2

Collegeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Collegeville Mortgages