Things to do around Collegeville

Things to do around Collegeville

Posted in the Collegeville Forum

CR

Millsboro, DE

#1 Mar 23, 2012
My family and I recently moved to the Collegeville area. I heard that Phoenixville has a "1st Friday" even every month and was wondering what this is and if it is a kid friendly event or for Adults only?
P-Ville

Ardmore, PA

#2 Mar 23, 2012
Hey CR welcome to the neighborhood. First Friday is usually just a series of events in Phoenixville that are tied to entertainment and eating out. Usually there are live bands playing in the bars, and in the warm weather the bands play outside in a huge parking lot off of Main Street.
Also, the Colonial Theater runs First Friday Night movies, but these are usually horror or cult movies at around 9:30 p.m. so not so kid friendly.
On Saturdays the Colonial runs kids programs, movies, puppet shows and the like. You may also wanna check out the Phoenix Firebird Festival in the Fall - it's a great event for kids and adults. I brought my young son there for the first time this past year and he loved it.
CR

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Mar 27, 2012
P-Ville wrote:
Hey CR welcome to the neighborhood. First Friday is usually just a series of events in Phoenixville that are tied to entertainment and eating out. Usually there are live bands playing in the bars, and in the warm weather the bands play outside in a huge parking lot off of Main Street.
Also, the Colonial Theater runs First Friday Night movies, but these are usually horror or cult movies at around 9:30 p.m. so not so kid friendly.
On Saturdays the Colonial runs kids programs, movies, puppet shows and the like. You may also wanna check out the Phoenix Firebird Festival in the Fall - it's a great event for kids and adults. I brought my young son there for the first time this past year and he loved it.
thank you!! Very helpful!
Mike

Ardmore, PA

#4 Apr 2, 2012
There are some good places to run particularly where the perkiomen trail cuts through collegville and also there is a pretty cool flea market on sundays at the old factory behind davinchis pub
Gee

Wayne, PA

#5 Apr 4, 2012
There is a good Asian massage place in Collegeville that give happy endings. Enjoy!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collegeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racially profiled at movie tavern in collegeville (Jan '15) Jan 11 Mike 5
Westfield 41 Apartments Dec 30 Wawa_coffee_sucks 2
Westside Apartments & Shopping Nov '16 scullycompany 1
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 21
I'm negative Oct '16 Welltodo 1
Solar and wind power (May '13) Oct '16 nine9fingers 4
Who keeps setting off fireworks in Trappe? Oct '16 Trapped 1

Collegeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance