2 ex-UTEP athletes get probation for robbery

Full story: El Paso Times 34
Two former UTEP football players were sentenced Friday to five years of probation after they pleaded guilty to robbery. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ProbioticAg

Las Cruces, NM

#23 Feb 20, 2010
Nobody should be surprised with the lax sentence received by these UTEP athletes. It was a mere three years ago that an Aggie basketball player here in Las Cruces (believe it was Tyrone Nelson, a 7 footer who was recognized immediately by his 7 foot stature) also got a similar lax sentence after being charged for holding up a pizza delivery man at gun point. At least these Miners never pulled out a gun. Favoritism is given across the board to most major university athletes-- it's not just a problem at UTEP! What bothers me more is why a similar plea was never entered by the third criminal defendant, King, as his trial remains scheduled for March 12. If he committed the same crime as Palmer and Sampson, he should be able to enter a similar "sweet deal" plea. If this same opportunity is not afforded to him just because he is not a UTEP athlete, then there should be outrage. However, if he pulled out a gun, lock him up and have him serve some time.
javi

Stephenville, TX

#24 Feb 20, 2010
who is gustavo lopez?
whoscomplaining

Odessa, TX

#25 Feb 20, 2010
I thought robbery was a felony with prison time.
Stupid me......
keep it clean

Sacramento, CA

#26 Feb 20, 2010
you are all so out of it. color and being a utep athlete have nothing to do with their stupid behavior. we have plenty of mexicants and gringos who commit felonies here in el paso. these 2 just got lucky. probably their first offense. but it's no crime to be black. don't stereotype, lest you be stereotyped yourself.
bobby brown

El Paso, TX

#27 Feb 21, 2010
gtomm wrote:
Hey ****, it's not their fault. They are black. They can't be blamed for what they do. It's the ****' fault. If they'd received reparations, they wouldn't have been forced by the white man to do this.
yeah reparations so that they can go out and buy some more crack, just stfu you watermelon
drb1

Belton, TX

#28 Feb 22, 2010
Man,I am glad that I don't live in El plaso, you guys have some serious racial problems out there.
maria hernandez

Houston, TX

#29 Feb 22, 2010
I hate that these 2 boys got put in the middle of what the 3rd player did, but maybe this will be a lesson to all kids on watch who you let get in your car. also the public can only talk down on what they heae and not the facts. Yeah now coach Price can use their Scholarship for 2 local kids but come on admit it there"s not alot of talent in elpaso thats why the kids are not recruited from there are UTEP will never win a game.
maria hernandez

Houston, TX

#30 Feb 22, 2010
i really hate that these 2 boys got put in the middle of what they team mate did. the 3rd boy who has admitted to the crime has been in trouble before , its sad that these 2 boys was just giving him a ride. the public can olny speak on what they hear but not the facts when no one is telling it. im glad these boys can get a new start and as far as Coach Price saying that he can use the scholarships for 2 local kids, well who is he fooling everyone knows that Elpaso has very little talent thats why they dont recruit here if they want to win.
People friendly

El Paso, TX

#32 Feb 22, 2010
drb1 wrote:
Man,I am glad that I don't live in El plaso, you guys have some serious racial problems out there.
What are you talking about man? We have some of the friendliest people in the entire world living in El Paso. Now STFU you chithead
law abiding citizen

Farmington, NM

#33 Feb 22, 2010
How sad is this?
strelz x

El Paso, TX

#34 Feb 22, 2010
entitlement dumb peeps, they claimed, No Sih" Can ur black ass read?
barbarosa perez

El Paso, TX

#35 Feb 22, 2010
strelz x wrote:
entitlement dumb peeps, they claimed, No Sih" Can ur black **** read?
does entitlement also mean that we can be tax evaders like you? quit sucking up to the strelz you brown noser
gtomm

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Feb 23, 2010
bobby brown wrote:
<quoted text> yeah reparations so that they can go out and buy some more crack, just stfu you watermelon
Ummm... yeah... that was sarcasm.
Just saying

Colorado Springs, CO

#37 Feb 23, 2010
People friendly wrote:
<quoted text> What are you talking about man? We have some of the friendliest people in the entire world living in El Paso. Now STFU you chithead
Yeah, YOU sound friendly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Ben 22,605
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Bad butt Johnny 18,446
looking for Thu alexander pulaski 1
Did they fire the Director of nursing too? (Jul '13) Thu Adon Magnified 4
Covenant Dove payroll checks bounced again (Jul '13) Thu Ulna Lynch 3
Thank you Lampstand Nursing and Rehabilitation (May '13) Thu Ulna Lynch 7
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
•••
•••
•••

College Station Jobs

•••
•••
•••

College Station People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

College Station News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in College Station